Here are some details on our new players | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here are some details on our new players

I really like what we’ve done overall after losing some good talent. No longer in cap hell either. Not sure how it’s gonna translate on the field yet but at least we have some flexibility moving forward either way
Yeah and the comp picks we’ll get will help

Four things at play:

1. Pretty much every team overspends. Every team. It creates a market inefficiency. The middle tier gets tightened and a few players get pushed to the top but most get pushed to the bottom.
2. The Dolphins had open positions, and, therefore, opportunities to play and build up their resumes to improve their tax bracket.
3. The lack of a state tax means players get more bang for their buck playing in Florida.
4. Whether or not you like McDaniel, he's a players' coach. The players love him. They love not having to rein themselves in. Human nature. And I suspect parting with Fangio might have even made him a more popular coach for whom to play ... don't keep the guy who is raining on the parade.

All that, and the Dolphins should be an average team at the very least even with the guys that departed and there's a lot of attractiveness around the organization.
Not just parting with Fangio, but replacing him with Weaver, who the players seem to like.

Yeah, you want to win, and make money. You also don't want to go to work daily in a negative environment.

This keeps reminding me of the recent player survey where the Dolphins came in first. Top notch facilities, players feel the organization treats them well.

Potent offense, talent on defense, coaching staff that's well-liked and respected. That all matters.

I think this shows just how well this team is viewed around the league. Jonnu Smith mentioned that seeing the team on Hard Knocks as well as the players and coaches on the team, specifically Tua, were reasons he took a bit less to come here. It seems other players see the same thing, and this is a great sign of what's being built here.
That is the first good thing I have heard about hard knocks. I thought players and coaches hated it but were forced to do it by agreements with the NFL.

They are commesurate with where the players are in their careers. They are prove it deals.

Thing about these deals is the exposure. On a less talked about team, they stink, but whether good or bad, people talk about us and so prove it deals are a good....deal... for the players.

this could be a sneaky good signing. he is good in coverage too. the issue with him is injuries, but for the price, the risk/reward of this one is really good. when on the field, he is probably better than the other guy jordyn brooks they signed.

Back
Top Bottom