Here are the Top 10 Dolphins hits and misses of Chris Grier GM regime | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here are the Top 10 Dolphins hits and misses of Chris Grier GM regime

Davis has definitely been a hit. Most fans don't tend to notice DTs unless they're racking up sack numbers. But our run defense was something like 30 yards per game better in the games he played. His role was often to occupy two blockers to let others make plays.

Passing on Herbert for a bust is a fireable offense in itself, but then missing on 2 more 1st rounders in the same draft is even worse. The icing on the cake is passing on Jonathan Taylor 3 different times (4 if you count the Tua pick)

This is how bad Grier is….# 2 and #3 and #7 don’t even play for us. That’s 30% of your top 10 hits. Pathetic. I seriously can’t believe Grier has defenders on this site.
I seriously can't believe you don't see how great of a move #2 was as far as trading him - the value he got out of that was ridiculous! I'm not saying Grier is great by any means- but that was a great move!

Grier proved he has a knack for finding incredible talent. Hopefully he chooses a coach that won't force him to part ways with that talent

Igbo over Jonathan Taylor could be a top 5 all time Miami Dolphins miss.... up there with Culpepper over Brees..... *** over Herbert might haunt us too but its too early to cast that vote.

Igbo over Jonathan Taylor could be a top 5 all time Miami Dolphins miss.... up there with Culpepper over Brees..... *** over Herbert might haunt us too but its too early to cast that vote.
Except that it may have been Flo's miss, not Grier's.

Grier has done a great job on defense, much like Ireland did for us (Starks, Soliai, Wake, Grimes) and continues to do in NO. He needs work on O, getting Flores overrated a** outta there is a great start.

To be fair, some of those misses were one year gambles such as Jordan Howard. You're always going to have some moves like that.

But overall I think this is fair.

This is a huge year for Tua IMO. No question he has been operating with less talent than Herbert. But the only way to silence critics is for Tua to reach his ceiling. Maybe a better coach will help him get there.

Incidentally, I do believe Tua has won more games than Herbert. So, there's that.

I don't hate the RB signings as misses. Fliers for guys who clearly had talent. What I don't like about it is that our plan A should have been plan B behind a good young RB.

The longer I watch this league the more I think you should draft a first Rd RB once the team is close to being competitive. Run that guy into the ground for 5 years then move on. Guys like Breida and Brown should be on the roster, but only to spell the primary back.

It's funny, Tunsil and Fitzpatrick became pro bowlers immediately after leaving the Dolphins.
You could see it coming w Minkah from his rookie year. He made some plays that turned your head. Like week 1 stuffing a pass play on a 4th and goal from the inch line vs TN. Guy caught the dump off and he closed so fast and dropped the guy in his tracks. Also had a nice pick 6 on Josh Allen I believe. He would have been a probowler here too had they left him at FS.

Back
Top Bottom