Here are the updated picks we have in 2023,24 and 25 after the trades we've made | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here are the updated picks we have in 2023,24 and 25 after the trades we've made

If it results in a SB (not necessarily this season, but soon) I'm good.

It is a bit of a bummer to have limited picks, and none in the first round, two years in a row however.

I have our biggest needs going into the draft as CB, OL, TE, and LB. Unfortunate not having a 1st but we could probably get a top-5 prospect at LB or TE at the end of the 2nd.

However, I’m a bigger fan of filling needs, especially at non-premium positions, through FA and using the draft to get guys at premium positions on a rookie deal. I think CB needs to be the first pick but my dream is to pick up an OL with some versatility who can step in at guard his rookie year and then eventually replace Armstead when he breaks down
I thought the same thing until the last couple of weeks. The offensive line is starting to look like a strength. Maybe RT, which is unsettled or a swing tackle who can fill in at LT since Armstead is injury prone.

I think LB, and corner are probably the biggest needs. A mid-round RB would also be a good idea. I really like the Mostert and Wilson combo, but both have dealt with injuries in their careers.

The OL has been steadily improving but i want to see that continue against better competition before I feel strong there.

A C or LG would certainly strengthen the unit.

Thanks, Danny.

Any idea on what comp pick ( round) Gesicki would project?

I'm guessing a 5th rounder with an outside shot a 4th.

I don't expect we'll sign any players to negate any comp picks we stand to receive.

We'll probably stand to add a 5th, 6th and 7th. Gesicki isn't going to get a bigger AAV contract than he made this year on the tag so those 3rd round comp picks aren't happening for us.

I believe our top offseason priority will be to create cap space (without the dead cap hits).

Emmanuel Ogbah, Cedrick Wilson, Jerome Baker and possibly Byron Jones should be offered up to anyone who will listen. If we have to move some draft picks to make that happen, we'll look deep into that. You'll have to get creative but there are a lot of bad teams that there that need bodies. Detroit, Chicago right at the front of that line. A healthy Emmanuel Ogbah be serviceable to both of those squads, especially if I give them a draft pick as well. What am I willing to give up to make that happen, definitely our 3rd rounder (currently projected to be 94th) and i'll mix in a 2024 6th rounder.

Moving Ogbah would be HUGE.

I'd really like to see us get Cedrick Wilson involved a bit more in the offense, especially in some of the easier games like next week against Houston. His $7M guaranteed 2023 salary needs a new home and the 2023 UFA WR class is historically bad. There will be a big need for WR's in the off season. Wilson needs to show something on tape between now and then. I think he's serviceable though so I am not going to cry if he's on the roster next year. I think we can eat 1.5M-2M of that salary and find someone to give us a 5th for him.

Jerome Baker needs to go. The 8.7M in dead cap space is brutal though so I am not ready for an outright release yet. I am really down on the player, more so than most and I am an Ohio State fan so I am not being picky. I really think he's a major problem. I think you can get a positive asset for Baker if you pay half his salary, something I'd jump on even if it was the last pick in the draft or a 2024 7th. If I can move Ogbah, this doesn't become as big an issue as I can live releasing him after 2023 and not worrying about dead cap space. Plus with Elandon Roberts not returning, you're creating massive holes in the middle of your defense (Ivan Pace Jr. please).

Then that brings us to Byron Jones. Well what can we say about this situation? NOTHING!!!!!! Because we don't have a clue what's going on here. How are we supposed to have mock off seasons when they won't tell us what's going on with Byron? Come on man. Its really hard to do mock draft simulations with this dark cloud hanging over us. But seriously, I wish I was a fly on the wall in MM and CG's offices when they discuss him.

Jason Sanders, the only candidate for outright release with full cap savings. 3.375M non-guaranteed. Sorry Jason but this one is on you. Unless he makes some game winning FG's in the playoffs I don't expect him back. His miss against the Jets REALLY stings given the way the game ended.

Back
Top Bottom