Here is my Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is my Mock Draft

Skeet84

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Well I thought everyone else had one so I might as well have one too. So here we go with the Texans on the clock..... :snooze:

1st. Houston Texans- Reggie Bush RB Southern Cal, I think that with all the fans wanting him there is only two ways this does not happen. One if the Miami Dolphins trade them Ricky Williams for David Carr. Then they would select a QB which could be Young or Leinart. I really think thats never gunna happen, but is possible since they have shown interest in Ricky. Second is if some team comes along and thinks they must have this guy and the Texans would take someone else they think could be just as good or better ( for Example The Atlanta Falcons trading with the San Diego Chargers to get Michael Vick and the Chargers got LT ).

2nd. New Orleans Saints- Matt Leinart QB Southern Cal, This is a no brainer unless a trade happens. They need a QB he is coming in as the Best in the Draft. Need I say more?

3rd. Tennessee Titans- Vince Young QB Texas, Ok I have heard some things like McNair is coming back and they have Volek so they don't need a QB. Well thats wrong since Billy Volek said that if he was not the starter he wanted out. McNair still wants alot of money and his contract is not a done deal yet. Besides if they do keep McNair then Young will still be drafted here. Young is not a QB that can just come in and play NFL football right away. He needs time to learn the system and get coached as a passer. He could be a very Good QB, But if someone drafts him and asks him to start they will be setting him up to fail.

4th. New York Jets- D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia, Now the Jets have alot of needs. They have alot invested in Chad Pennington so why not protect the biggest investment you have with the best lineman in the draft. D'Brickashaw could be the safest pick in the draft and could be a great Left Tackle very soon.

5th. Green Bay- A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State, Green Bay aslo has alot of needs and there biggest need is help on defense. You could go some other ways with this pick like a Defensive Lineman or Defensive Back, But I think they go with a LineBacker. There is no bad choice as long as they go defense.

6th. San Francisco 49ers- Mario Williams DE NC State, Well they have alot of holes to fill and could go alot of ways. Why not go with a defensive end who might be the best on the board at the moment.

7th. Oakland Raiders- Michael Huff DB Texas, Huff can play saftey or corner and is a playmaker. Oakland and San Francisco have to have a coin flip to determine the 6 and 7 spots.

8th. Buffalo Bills- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon, Buffalo needs a DT and here he is. He is Very Strong and demands double teams.

9th. Detroit Lions- Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt, I know I am killing alot of Dolphin fans hopes and dreams with this pick, But it looks like Detroit is finailly gunna give up on Joey Harrington.

10th. Arizona Cardinal- DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis, He has proven to be a great running back time and time again. He did not disappoint at the Senior bowl either.

11th. St Louis Rams- Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State, Now alot of people are going to kill me about this pick. However Issac Bruce is getting old and they will need another wide reciever to help Torry Holt.

* Trade * The Cleveland Browns trade their 1st rounder to the Broncos for their 1st (22) and 3rd rounders.

12th Denver Broncos- Vernon Davis TE Maryland, Now alot of people thought he would be off the board by now, but he slipped and the Broncos found away to get a star.

13th. Baltimore Ravens- LenDale White RB Southern Cal, I think they are gunna give up on Jamal Lewis and try and find another pound it out back. White could be the best running back in the draft, But was at times overshadowed by Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush.

14th. Philadelphia Eagles- Sinorice Moss WR Miami ( FL ), Desperate for a WR and rather take any chances on trading down they take the short wr from the U. They really need someone to help at wide reciever and he is a fast playmaker who runs nice routes.

15th. Atlanta Falcons- Chad Greenway LB Iowa, Quite of few Dolphin fans just started cussing at the TV. Greenway will help an already good defense get better.

16th. Miami Dolphins- Jimmy Williams DB Virginia Tech, Saban could not get this pick up fast enough. This is a great pick for the Dolphins who get a tall corner who can come up and tackle.

17th. Minnesota Vikings- Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota, Well they get a guy that the fans will love and are already use too. They need a great running back not a couple of nice ones.

18th. Dallas Cowboys- Ashton Youboty DB Ohio State, Now plan and simple need a good corner and they are hoping they have one.

19th. San Diego Chargers- Ko Simpson DB South Carolina, This guy can be a star and he is going to join an already good defense. He is a Ballhawk and very good tackler.

20th. Kansas City Chiefs- Tamba Hali DE Penn State, Trying to build the defense contiues in Kansas City.

21st. New England- Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State, Does it shock you that they want another great linebacker?

22nd. Cleveland Browns- Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College, Well they got a top 15 guy after they already traded out of the top 15. Already looking good for the Browns.

23rd. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Winston Justice OT Southern Cal, Would probably play right takle for them cause they have had so many problems there.

24th. Cincinnati Bengals- Claude Wroten DT LSU, Despite all the problems this guy is having he is talented and the Bengals need help up front.

25th. New York Giants- Ernie Sims LB Florida State, They think he is the best player for there team currently available plain and simple.

26th. Chicago Bears- Leonard Pope TE Georgia, Giving Rex Grossman a huge target at 6 foot 7.

27th. Caroline Panthers- Anthony Fasno TE Notre Dame, Giving Jake a target other than Steve Smith.

28th. Jacksonville Jaguars- DeMeco Ryans LB Alabama, He has really dropped. Most think he does not have extremly great speed which is right, but they under estimate his instincts.

29th. Denver Broncos- Darnell Bing DB Southern Cal, He is very good againist the run and will really help the Broncos defense.

30th. Indianapolis Colts- Orien Harris DT Miami, Should only help a growing Colts Defense get better.

31st. Pittsburgh Steelers- Antonio Cromartie DB Florida State, If he comes back from this injury as good as he was then its a major steal.

32nd. Seattle Seahawks- Chad Jackson WR Florida, He will fit in very nicely with the Seahawks and hopefully be the Gamebreaker that they are look for.

Well thats my Mock Draft.

Nice Mock ... makes a lot of sense. I do think that another OT or two will go in the first round. That is a position that is too tough to find (like CB) and the good ones usually go higer than they should.

Grat mock, but I don't know if Kiwanuka will drop that far.

Skeet84 said:
Well I thought everyone else had one so I might as well have one too. So here we go with the Texans on the clock..... :snooze:

1st. Houston Texans- Reggie Bush RB Southern Cal, I think that with all the fans wanting him there is only two ways this does not happen. One if the Miami Dolphins trade them Ricky Williams for David Carr. Then they would select a QB which could be Young or Leinart. I really think thats never gunna happen, but is possible since they have shown interest in Ricky. Second is if some team comes along and thinks they must have this guy and the Texans would take someone else they think could be just as good or better ( for Example The Atlanta Falcons trading with the San Diego Chargers to get Michael Vick and the Chargers got LT ).

2nd. New Orleans Saints- Matt Leinart QB Southern Cal, This is a no brainer unless a trade happens. They need a QB he is coming in as the Best in the Draft. Need I say more?

3rd. Tennessee Titans- Vince Young QB Texas, Ok I have heard some things like McNair is coming back and they have Volek so they don't need a QB. Well thats wrong since Billy Volek said that if he was not the starter he wanted out. McNair still wants alot of money and his contract is not a done deal yet. Besides if they do keep McNair then Young will still be drafted here. Young is not a QB that can just come in and play NFL football right away. He needs time to learn the system and get coached as a passer. He could be a very Good QB, But if someone drafts him and asks him to start they will be setting him up to fail.

4th. New York Jets- D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia, Now the Jets have alot of needs. They have alot invested in Chad Pennington so why not protect the biggest investment you have with the best lineman in the draft. D'Brickashaw could be the safest pick in the draft and could be a great Left Tackle very soon.

5th. Green Bay- A.J. Hawk LB Ohio State, Green Bay aslo has alot of needs and there biggest need is help on defense. You could go some other ways with this pick like a Defensive Lineman or Defensive Back, But I think they go with a LineBacker. There is no bad choice as long as they go defense.

6th. San Francisco 49ers- Mario Williams DE NC State, Well they have alot of holes to fill and could go alot of ways. Why not go with a defensive end who might be the best on the board at the moment.

7th. Oakland Raiders- Michael Huff DB Texas, Huff can play saftey or corner and is a playmaker. Oakland and San Francisco have to have a coin flip to determine the 6 and 7 spots.

8th. Buffalo Bills- Haloti Ngata DT Oregon, Buffalo needs a DT and here he is. He is Very Strong and demands double teams.

9th. Detroit Lions- Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt, I know I am killing alot of Dolphin fans hopes and dreams with this pick, But it looks like Detroit is finailly gunna give up on Joey Harrington.

10th. Arizona Cardinal- DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis, He has proven to be a great running back time and time again. He did not disappoint at the Senior bowl either.

11th. St Louis Rams- Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State, Now alot of people are going to kill me about this pick. However Issac Bruce is getting old and they will need another wide reciever to help Torry Holt.

* Trade * The Cleveland Browns trade their 1st rounder to the Broncos for their 1st (22) and 3rd rounders.

12th Denver Broncos- Vernon Davis TE Maryland, Now alot of people thought he would be off the board by now, but he slipped and the Broncos found away to get a star.

13th. Baltimore Ravens- LenDale White RB Southern Cal, I think they are gunna give up on Jamal Lewis and try and find another pound it out back. White could be the best running back in the draft, But was at times overshadowed by Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush.

14th. Philadelphia Eagles- Sinorice Moss WR Miami ( FL ), Desperate for a WR and rather take any chances on trading down they take the short wr from the U. They really need someone to help at wide reciever and he is a fast playmaker who runs nice routes.

15th. Atlanta Falcons- Chad Greenway LB Iowa, Quite of few Dolphin fans just started cussing at the TV. Greenway will help an already good defense get better.

16th. Miami Dolphins- Jimmy Williams DB Virginia Tech, Saban could not get this pick up fast enough. This is a great pick for the Dolphins who get a tall corner who can come up and tackle.

17th. Minnesota Vikings- Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota, Well they get a guy that the fans will love and are already use too. They need a great running back not a couple of nice ones.

18th. Dallas Cowboys- Ashton Youboty DB Ohio State, Now plan and simple need a good corner and they are hoping they have one.

19th. San Diego Chargers- Ko Simpson DB South Carolina, This guy can be a star and he is going to join an already good defense. He is a Ballhawk and very good tackler.

20th. Kansas City Chiefs- Tamba Hali DE Penn State, Trying to build the defense contiues in Kansas City.

21st. New England- Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State, Does it shock you that they want another great linebacker?

22nd. Cleveland Browns- Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College, Well they got a top 15 guy after they already traded out of the top 15. Already looking good for the Browns.

23rd. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Winston Justice OT Southern Cal, Would probably play right takle for them cause they have had so many problems there.

24th. Cincinnati Bengals- Claude Wroten DT LSU, Despite all the problems this guy is having he is talented and the Bengals need help up front.

25th. New York Giants- Ernie Sims LB Florida State, They think he is the best player for there team currently available plain and simple.

26th. Chicago Bears- Leonard Pope TE Georgia, Giving Rex Grossman a huge target at 6 foot 7.

27th. Caroline Panthers- Anthony Fasno TE Notre Dame, Giving Jake a target other than Steve Smith.

28th. Jacksonville Jaguars- DeMeco Ryans LB Alabama, He has really dropped. Most think he does not have extremly great speed which is right, but they under estimate his instincts.

29th. Denver Broncos- Darnell Bing DB Southern Cal, He is very good againist the run and will really help the Broncos defense.

30th. Indianapolis Colts- Orien Harris DT Miami, Should only help a growing Colts Defense get better.

31st. Pittsburgh Steelers- Antonio Cromartie DB Florida State, If he comes back from this injury as good as he was then its a major steal.

32nd. Seattle Seahawks- Chad Jackson WR Florida, He will fit in very nicely with the Seahawks and hopefully be the Gamebreaker that they are look for.

Well thats my Mock Draft.

Bad mock, the Broncos doesn't need a TE, they have a good one, the rams need a TE or defense, Cowboy will draft a S or ILB, the Falcons have all of the LB under contract, they need DB and Baltimore have Jamal Lewis, they don't need a RB.

i likey! i'd be happy w/ huff, greenway, williams, or cutler at #16. now watch saban and co. pick somebody else just to spite me ;)

Phins28 said:
Bad mock, the Broncos doesn't need a TE, they have a good one, the rams need a TE or defense, Cowboy will draft a S or ILB, the Falcons have all of the LB under contract, they need DB and Baltimore have Jamal Lewis, they don't need a RB.
The Broncos have a tight end? Jeb Putzier? :sidelol:

The west coast offense ALWAYS needs a tight end and Vernon Davis would give them an element the Donkeys have been lacking since Sharpe retired. I think it is a good call.

I agree with the Rams. I don't see anyway in hell they draft a reciever. Kevin Curtis can make plays, McDonald is a functional guy and Bruce can still play. The Rams will go defense early and often.

The Cowboys are a crap shoot. Parcells is a B.P.A. type of guy. To be honest it would not shock me at all to see them go offense. Their recievers are older then the hills and their O-line was a disater last year after injuries and age creeped into the equation.

You're right about the Falcons. I see them going secondary.

Jamal Lewis is a free agent and has been unproductive and injury prone for 2 seasons. If they don't take one of the backs (Maroney, White or Williams) I'd be shocked.

Mario Williams, Chad Greenway, Ashton Youboty, Mathias Kiwanuka , Chad Jackson.

I dont like these picks, they dont fit good.

the cowboys won't take youboty. they need a safety. terrence newman is one of the best corners in the game and they just gave anthony henry a huge contract, and he played very well last season. they could go safety or LB on defense, but their biggest need is o-line.

Nappy Roots said:
Mario Williams, Chad Greenway, Ashton Youboty, Mathias Kiwanuka , Chad Jackson.

I dont like these picks, they dont fit good.

You don't think the Seahwaks could use Chad Jackson?

SpeedRush99 said:
You don't think the Seahwaks could use Chad Jackson?

no not really. they have 3 good WRs IMO. Jackson is the best out the bunch, Ingram has some drop troubles, but hes still good. and Joe Jurevisous is the perfect match with them 2, big possesion WR that catches everything. then have a good TE to. they need help on defense

also dont think Colts go DT in the first, with Simon, they have enough DLine right now. they got some other holes

Nappy Roots said:
no not really. they have 3 good WRs IMO. Jackson is the best out the bunch, Ingram has some drop troubles, but hes still good. and Joe Jurevisous is the perfect match with them 2, big possesion WR that catches everything. then have a good TE to. they need help on defense

also dont think Colts go DT in the first, with Simon, they have enough DLine right now. they got some other holes

Joe Jurevisous is gunna be a free agent and they lack a Superstar at the position that they need. They have a couple of good one, but with alot of the Seahawk sets with three wide it would be a good fit for them to draft a WR. With St. Louis I heard they might cut Bruce now if they don't well my pick is dumb for them, But they just got an Offensive coach and Bruce is making alot and I think he might get cut.

Wow, Marcus McNeill slips to the second round? Hell, I'd be thrilled if we got him in the first!

Pocoloco said:
Wow, Marcus McNeill slips to the second round? Hell, I'd be thrilled if we got him in the first!

why? he hasnt performed that great this year? hes not a top 20 pick.

Back
Top Bottom