Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB

RobFins2005 said:
Here are my two cents:

I wouldn't mind getting Michael Bennett, but I wouldn't cry if we didn't.

It would be nice to get a really solid backup, but I don't think we'd die if we stayed with what we have now.

Those of you who say "if he gets injured, we're screwed"....in the salary cap era NFL, that's how it is for most teams. Most teams are 2-3 injuries away from a miserable season. Having depth is important but I agree that in this thread, some of the fans seem to think we need someone on level with Ricky to back up Ronnie like we had last year.

Give me a break--who did we have behind Ricky in 2002 and 2003? Robert Edwards, who carried the ball 20 times....and Travis Minor.

I like what I've seen of Sammy Morris. Remember the TD run against the Broncos?
My point exactly. I think a lot of people focused on Ricky and Ronnie last year and tehrefore forgot about Sammy.
Thanks for addressing the sarcasm too.:D

Alex22 said:
The question of this thread isnt whether we need 2 top RB's

Its

Do you feel better with Brown/Morris

or

Brown/Bennett

I like the second combo, if Brown goes down Bennett is a beter option to start games than Morris
But simplifying it like that neglects the fact that we already have Brown and Morris, but we'd have to give up something for Bennett. So the question is, do you feel better with Brown and Morris, or Brown and Bennett minus a lineman (as some people are suggesting we give up). I say keep the line depth we have because we are at a stage where some competition will help players get better, while under the tuteledge of Houck. this benefits everyone, especially our QB returning from injury, and of course, Ronnie, who we hope won't get injured. However, Morris is more than your average backup I think. He is a good player who can spell Ronnie, or start for a while if needed IMO.
Hope nobody accuses me of saying we only need 2 running backs on the roster now!

Back
Top Bottom