Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I'd try to trade Wade Smith for Michael Bennett. Smith has started at left tackle in this league, was a 3rd round pick, and is athletic. I submit that is fair market value for Bennett, and we will not have to give up a pick. The Saints won't get anything better for him. Wade Smith is more reliable than a 5th round pick which is about the most the Saints could hope to get for him otherwise.

The Saints could use another athletic o-lineman and Bennett is superfluous for them.

I see this as a win-win deal for both sides.

Didn't Bennett play with the Vikings while Pep was there? If so Pep could have a little pull on this one if he had a good relationship with him while there. I believe we are looking into Bennett anyway aren't we?

Bennett is always hurt, I rather keep Smith, maybe he has improved, Oline competion is something valuable for us . . plus I think we are good at RB, Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris is a good one two punch, Minor has been a 3rd down back/3rd stinger for a while and one of the youngsters whether its KJ or Riggs will serve as our number 4, we are fine at RB. We can't worry if Brown gets hurt, its like if LT gets hurt u know, u can't predict it, if Brown gets hurt, sure we look bad at the position but we are good for now.

I predict without reading this thread first that the poster mentions Deuce McAlister.

edit: and I wasn't even close.

One must be crazy to consider RB as a issue at this point. I'm not saying that Ronnie Brown can or can't get the job done, I just feel that the back up we have able to step in and get us to the next level.

Kay J, Morris, Minor, and Riggs Jr. If We cant get things done with these four backs plus Ronnie Brown, we have some serious issues. Morris did something when he got a shot that surprised quite a few people.

I think LB and CB, is the really only concerns at this point.

The only thing we would get for Wade Smith is a half eaten bag of chips...from MARINELLI!

Those of you who think we don't need another RB obviously were born after 2004 because you obviously have no recollection of life with Sammy Morris and Travis Minor.

Saban knows we need another rb. The question is how do we get one. Not much ammunition.

how about Travis Henry????....................he may be expendable with Lendale White in TN. He is still young and basically had the last two yrs off football wise.

Austin Tatious said:
Those of you who think we don't need another RB obviously were born after 2004 because you obviously have no recollection of life with Sammy Morris and Travis Minor.

Dude if you think about it.. besides last year can you name another year we had a good backup runningback?? you cant till the 70's.

Do we need another RB, NO. However Bennett would be an upgrade. When healthy he is one of the fastest players in the league. Not to mention the fact that him and Culpepper have worked for many years together, so when he is not picking up the blitzer on 3rd and long. He could be the dump off for 3rd and short. Let's face it Minor was a good 3rd down back years ago and Sammy Morris does not have any speed, which is what you want out of your 3rd down back. I'm not saying lets get Bennett in case Ronnie gets hurt, I am saying lets make him the best 3rd down back in the league.

Back
Top Bottom