Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB

fightinfinfan22 said:
i think for every chris chambers we should have a randy moss on the bench just in case. or for every ronnie brown we definately need to have an edgerrin james

so your saying our backups should be better than our starters?? :shakeno:

fightinfinfan22 said:
man, i say we trade every starter we have so we can get a back up to chris chambers!!! cause if he ever gets hurt we are in soooo much trouble!!!.....wait.....thats the stupidest thing youve all ever heard? because trying to predict the future is dumb? and because spending a second overall pick on a running back that hasnt even been given a chance to fully carry the load is what we did a year ago? well i dont think its dumb....i think for every chris chambers we should have a randy moss on the bench just in case. or for every ronnie brown we definately need to have an edgerrin james waiting around taking up salary cap money. or we absolutely should get matt hasselbeck for our third string qb just in that offshoot chance that pep, AND harrington cant go.......cause we all know that this is the way it works in the nfl!!! lets gat out there and get it done!

Man I didn't want to put it in dummy terms, but if thats what it takes to make people understand . . . u do what u have to do, 100% agree. Thank Gawd Ricky is still under contract at that low salary, I would hate to think if we tried to resign him as a FA and he wanted 5 million, we would have people saying "do it" because we need 2 top backs on this team just in case one gets hurt. Ricky = best back in league making under a million dollars . . that is his real value to us and the main reason why he is still a Dolphin.

JetsBlow99 said:
so your saying our backups should be better than our starters?? :shakeno:

Yea, I don't get it either--pretty much no team, even super bowl winners, have that kind of depth these days.

A lot of the scenarios that get pointed out (Priest Holmes/Larry Johnson) are more cases where a player is drafted to eventually take over and win the job himself, meaning the other guy is on his way out.

fightinfinfan22 said:
man, i say we trade every starter we have so we can get a back up to chris chambers!!! cause if he ever gets hurt we are in soooo much trouble!!!.....wait.....thats the stupidest thing youve all ever heard? because trying to predict the future is dumb? and because spending a second overall pick on a running back that hasnt even been given a chance to fully carry the load is what we did a year ago? well i dont think its dumb....i think for every chris chambers we should have a randy moss on the bench just in case. or for every ronnie brown we definately need to have an edgerrin james waiting around taking up salary cap money. or we absolutely should get matt hasselbeck for our third string qb just in that offshoot chance that pep, AND harrington cant go.......cause we all know that this is the way it works in the nfl!!! lets gat out there and get it done!
:sidelol:

um...guys....i was being sarcastic. and trying to prove a point....thant virtually no team has depth like that...period. its futile to try and improve on an already improved( ala picking up ronnie brown) running game.

fightinfinfan22 said:
um...guys....i was being sarcastic. and trying to prove a point....thant virtually no team has depth like that...period. its futile to try and improve on an already improved( ala picking up ronnie brown) running game.

well, it didn't look like you were being totally serious, but your post was pretty hard to follow.

The only way I'd want another running back is if he's a free agent. We don't need to give aways draft picks for backups when its not that important.

guatemalanfan said:
I think we are good with the running backs we have right now

I agree....we don't really need another RB right now.

GCD960 said:
WE DO NOT NEEEEEEEED ANOTHER RB!!!!!!!!!

I hope that clears it up

I strongly agree. Ronnie has been going at it hard this year to have that NFL body. If he ran soft last year (900 yrds while sharing the load) Think how explosive he will be with a improved physique and carrying the load.

Ronnie will break that 1500 yrd barrier this year. If we get another 500 - 700 yards from the backups...outstanding.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
I strongly agree. Ronnie has been going at it hard this year to have that NFL body. If he ran soft last year (900 yrds while sharing the load) Think how explosive he will be with a improved physique and carrying the load.

Ronnie will break that 1500 yrd barrier this year. If we get another 500 - 700 yards from the backups...outstanding.

I hear ya, but if he gets hurt, we need a good back up!!!

Austin Tatious said:
I'd try to trade Wade Smith for Michael Bennett. Smith has started at left tackle in this league, was a 3rd round pick, and is athletic. I submit that is fair market value for Bennett, and we will not have to give up a pick. The Saints won't get anything better for him. Wade Smith is more reliable than a 5th round pick which is about the most the Saints could hope to get for him otherwise.

The Saints could use another athletic o-lineman and Bennett is superfluous for them.

I see this as a win-win deal for both sides.
If only we already had a good running back like that Ronnie Brown guy. Man I saw him play last year and I forget which team, but he was a beast! Oh well, maybe this Bennett can help until we draft a guy like ronnie Brown. :shakeno:

icephinfan said:
I hear ya, but if he gets hurt, we need a good back up!!!
If only we had a backup like that Sammy Morris guy. Oh well. :shakeno:

The Dolphins are only lukewarm about Bennett.The are other teams who have more dire needs for a RB like the Texans and who have better ammunition to trade with.

Back
Top Bottom