Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is my proposal for a trade for veteran RB

RobFins2005 said:
I wouldn't mind another RB, but half the teams in the league would be up s**t's creek if their starter went out. Where would Arizona be without Edge? Or Seattle without Shaun Alexander (don't give me this Mack Strong bs).

I agree with that statement but if we could put the team in the position, If a viable trade was available for a proven backup and it could fit within the cap why not improve this position on the team?

dolphan north said:
If only we already had a good running back like that Ronnie Brown guy. Man I saw him play last year and I forget which team, but he was a beast! Oh well, maybe this Bennett can help until we draft a guy like ronnie Brown. :shakeno:

OH MY GOSH, do we really have Ronnie Brown? Really? When did that happen? Oh well, we don't need any other rb's! We should immediately release Sammy Morris and Travis Minor. End of story. Unless.....nah, this is crazy. Hmmmm, this is thinking out of the box, but maybe, just maybe.....football is a savage sport. It's entirely possible that you need more than one running back on your team. Hmmmmmm. Maybe someone should research whether NFL teams develop something called a depth chart. Nahhhh. You're right, oh brilliant football swami. We don't need any other running backs -- we have Ronnie Brown!!!

dolphan north said:
If only we had a backup like that Sammy Morris guy. Oh well. :shakeno:

Hey, I like Sammy Morris, that's not what I was saying. I was referring to a post that said we only need Ronnie Brown.:D

What's with this lack of faith in Ronnie? The guy is a great back with the capability of carrying the vast majority of the carries, that's why Coach Saban drafted him at #2! Plus, Sammy Morris is capable as a backup and occasional 3rd down guy.

pacresjt said:
I agree with that statement but if we could put the team in the position, If a viable trade was available for a proven backup and it could fit within the cap why not improve this position on the team?

Bennett a proven backup?? He is hurt just as much as Eddie Moore, While we have a workhorse in Morris behind Brown that can take the load if Brown were to go down. Not to mention there are guys out there if an injury happens, I mean injury's are not foreseeable . . plus why are we forgetting we have Minor and 2 youngsters who may suprise us all . . we can only carry 53 players on our roster, if we could carry maybe 80 then sure, we can keep another back or 2 on here, but we are straight right now. I much rather have Riggs or Harris in there than Bennett, he is hurt wayy to much, I wanna see what are youngsters can do.

Austin Tatious said:
OH MY GOSH, do we really have Ronnie Brown? Really? When did that happen? Oh well, we don't need any other rb's! We should immediately release Sammy Morris and Travis Minor. End of story. Unless.....nah, this is crazy. Hmmmm, this is thinking out of the box, but maybe, just maybe.....football is a savage sport. It's entirely possible that you need more than one running back on your team. Hmmmmmm. Maybe someone should research whether NFL teams develop something called a depth chart. Nahhhh. You're right, oh brilliant football swami. We don't need any other running backs -- we have Ronnie Brown!!!
Look at the next post I made about Sammy Morris being a good backup. I guess your attention span or your anger at the first post got the best of you. But thanks for the football Swami compliment! :lol:

I think we should wait till June 1 cuts before we think about trading for someone.

Austin Tatious said:
Those of you who think we don't need another RB obviously were born after 2004 because you obviously have no recollection of life with Sammy Morris and Travis Minor.

Saban knows we need another rb. The question is how do we get one. Not much ammunition.

Dude obviosly your not watching the 0-line when you watch the offense.... cuz Sammy and Travis were pretty impressive with poor blocking late in that season. But you obviously don't recall Travis's rookie year at all. He was a very good #2. We got 2 experienced, effective #2 backs, and two undrafted guys who project to see playing time in the future. Another RB would be a luxury.

Austin Tatious said:

the silly sarcasm in this post was misguided. The above poster didn't say we need no other RBs on the roster, he was saying we don't exactly have to have another Pro Bowler behind Ronnie......because, well, NO team does.

Nice job on misrepresenting his post...you should work for the church or the Republican Convention.

Here are my two cents:

I wouldn't mind getting Michael Bennett, but I wouldn't cry if we didn't.

It would be nice to get a really solid backup, but I don't think we'd die if we stayed with what we have now.

Those of you who say "if he gets injured, we're screwed"....in the salary cap era NFL, that's how it is for most teams. Most teams are 2-3 injuries away from a miserable season. Having depth is important but I agree that in this thread, some of the fans seem to think we need someone on level with Ricky to back up Ronnie like we had last year.

Give me a break--who did we have behind Ricky in 2002 and 2003? Robert Edwards, who carried the ball 20 times....and Travis Minor.

I like what I've seen of Sammy Morris. Remember the TD run against the Broncos?

Whats all the problem with RB. I know in the 80-90's we had Dan at QB, but we never had a Ronnie. Sure we had Carter, Paige, Higgs, Bennett, Hampton, Humphrey and all. We now have Ronnie, KJ and Travis. What is the problem, would you rather they invest more in another back up RB, or strenghten other areas, like LB, Secondary or O line. At the end of the day there is only gonna be so many spaces on the end roster.

JetsBlow99 said:
his time is up...

eddie wouldnt be taking all the carries just take a lesser ricky williams role in sharing the carries with ronnie to help him out so he doesnt get worn torn and possibly injured he is a good player and i feel he would fit the role perfectly of helping out ronnie and sharing the load he still can be a very capable back

Back
Top Bottom