Here's a guy we should keep an eye on if cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's a guy we should keep an eye on if cut

Sometimes you need to take a chance on a young K or P. Cowboys did it for years and it usually paid off both in talent/production and it was also cheaper cap wise. Bills have Brian Moorman and 2001 was an average yr(played in NFLE prior to TC) but he had a solid 2002 and is now negotiating a long-term deal.

Everyone is worried about how a ROOKIE will react during a critical game. He couldn't do worse then Royals did last year and he's a VET.
I say if he does better give him a chance.
I'll hold the ball for Mare for free.
:idea:

Rarely will a punter come into the NFL from college and be gievn a job. Most punters prove to be very inconsistent when the first come to a NFL camp regardless of how well they did in college. Kicking a different ball and at a different speed prove to be quite a big hurdle for most punters, at least until they've had a copuple of off seasons to work on their technique. One exception was Hunter Smith. It's not how a rookie will react in a critical game, it's how he'll punt 50% of the time during the entire season.

Royals still wasn't as good as he should of been. Maybe I just got spoiled by Reggie Roby all those years back.
:beerbang:

I remember 3 quarters of the way into the season I started a thread about how the coaches should be congratulated on the issue of Mark Royals and Matt Turk, because they resisted the urge to give Turk a bunch of money and instead they signed someone for the veterans minimum who was proving to be a good holder, and was punting about as good as Turk ever did. I had nothing but agreement comin from the rest of the board.

Like I said, a few bad punts later, most specifically one bad punt later, and the guy is the devil. Its just unfortunate for him that his last punt of the season was a shank.

Back
Top Bottom