Here's a perspective | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's a perspective

FinFrenzy

Never Lose Faith in the Fins
Club Member
Reaction score
First off I am not pro Griese or pro Fiedler I am simply for the best man for the job.

Take a look at JF's stats on the year so far:

Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sack/Lost Rating
167 95 1115 56.9 6.7 6 3.6 7 4.2 57 8/41 71.8

That's 6 TD's & 7 INT's

How can a franchise IMO that has the best running back not have a legitimate passing threat? The OL has given Fiedler time to throw the ball and it is factual that JF does not have the arm nor the accuracy for the long ball.

Here are JF’s stats for the NE game for inquiring minds
20 out of 35 for 230yds (Counting the DT catch) with 1 TD and 2 INT

The stat of the game that bothers me the most. We were 1 for 5 in the redzone. Now I know you will say that it is not JF's fault. But IMHO we have a great RB we have decent receivers, we have an excellent TE, we have a decent OL (Yes that's right I will not blame the OL when a defense can put 8 or 9 in the box to attack the line and RW. If we had a passing game with JF that would back them off.)
As far as Mare goes yes he screwed up but the game should have been over way before the kick.....c'mon 3 2nd half points???

It is time to change QB's put in Griese if he doesn't work bring in someone else. The true point of this post is that we need to get the offense in attack mode period. I was also on the Jay must stay bandwagon but now we are 7 weeks into the season. The offense should not be a work in progress (When trying to make a superbowl run this year) that’s what training camp and preseason is about.

I’ve stated my piece and can take all criticism post away.

Jay's stats are misleading as most of his INTs have not been 100% his fault or were not critical - like the one that served as punt in OT or a hail Mary b4 halftime. I have just not seem Griese running this O; so it is hard to believe he will do better. On the other than hand, I would not mind a Miami QB Griese to play Sunday, will not start - kinda like "Jets QB Pennington to play Sunday, will not start". If we can rotate centers why not QBs

--dolphan39

You are correct however...those INT's wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb if he made some big plays. Something must be done 3 weeks in a row now DW & NT keep stating their working on the offense. Maybe just maybe it can't be done with JF.

The throw to Thompson down the sideline wasn't a big play? Some of the longer strikes to McMichael weren't big plays? That perfect dart to Chris Chambers for a touchdown was not a big play?

Jay IS NOT getting plenty of time to throw, how can people say this... HE IS GETTING 3 seconds, NO QB's in this league that are putting up good numbers are getting that little time... McNair is getting 5-6 seconds...

Until Miami gave up the game winning 80 yard TD, Fiedler had more passing yards then Brady.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
The throw to Thompson down the sideline wasn't a big play? Some of the longer strikes to McMichael weren't big plays? That perfect dart to Chris Chambers for a touchdown was not a big play?

Jay IS NOT getting plenty of time to throw, how can people say this... HE IS GETTING 3 seconds, NO QB's in this league that are putting up good numbers are getting that little time... McNair is getting 5-6 seconds...

Until Miami gave up the game winning 80 yard TD, Fiedler had more passing yards then Brady.

Yes it was a big play and good thing we ran RW right away before NE could challenge it since DT stepped out of bounds but thankfully DT reached over the CB to catch it cause that would have been the 3rd INT. The Chambers TD was only a big play since it was a TD but you lost the point of a big play reception down the field......what was the length of the throw??? Jay is getting more than 3 seconds on average I have timed more than a share of plays. 5-6 seconds is an internity for any QB 4 to 5 sec is more like it but that is still way too long for any QB to hold a ball.

So then you want us to keep playing the same style of offense with the same players????

Well lets see what Brian can do

and if just if he falters, I wonder if the blame would now be pointed at the o-line.

If he does not falter, it's a win win situation, we have our Franchise QB, we have a legit passing attack and we win the next 8-9 out of ten games...right???

Just keep in mind, Feidler was out 6 weeks last year, and the JF bashers went into hibernation, because whuhhh, everyone realized that even though he wasn't your all pro QB he won games..obviously Ray couldn't win a coin toss.

I'll be the first one to admit we need a spark on offense and if that means benching Feidler and trying BG or even SR, then that would be fine by me, but Puhhlease for the sake of the season, dont wish he's hurt or out for a period of time, because when BG falters, not if, but when, we all might just find ourselves in last year's predicament...waiting for JF to get better.

rhadaddy

I do not wish him hurt.....I like JF it's just I'm losing faith in him and starting to think we need more umphh

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
..... we have a decent OL (Yes that's right I will not blame the OL when a defense can put 8 or 9 in the box to attack the line and RW. If we had a passing game with JF that would back them off.)

Please check your facts. We are not getting beat by 8 or 9 in the box. That is wishful thinking. Rodney Harrison was busy covering McMichael and the WRs were not single covered all day.

Our O-line is getting beat by athletic d-lines. We need to get Ruddy and Nails out of the lineup for McKinney and Dixon.

I was at the game and there were 8 guys in the box and for the most part they had a safety near the line of scrimmage all day......just like Jax,Buff, Giants,Jets and Hou. .........Starting to get the picture here! They(and I mean the rest of the teams on our schedule) will have the same plan until we show that we can score T.Ds throwing the football. Whether it is Jay(I think seven games is enough time to get it done) or whether it will be B.G........ Whoever is behind center has to get the L.Bs and safeties off the line of scrimmage!!!!!

me too

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
rhadaddy

I do not wish him hurt.....I like JF it's just I'm losing faith in him and starting to think we need more umphh

I just know when he plays close to a full year, we win eleven games, whether he's digressing, that's another thing, but I do know he finds a way to help us win and he doesn't get rattled easy. It just seems to be ugly.

btw, someone mentioned NT offenses always puts up big numbers anywhere he goes and JF is not built for this type of offense, that very well may be true, but K.I.M. NT 's teams havent had a playoff season in a long time, dating back to his 2000. Actually 1999 was the last time his offense had a winning record at 10-6.

Re: me too

Originally posted by rhadaddy
Actually 1999 was the last time his offense had a winning record at 10-6.

Luckily for us, an offense does not make a team.. If that was the case, Miami would be 0-6

Re: Re: me too

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Luckily for us, an offense does not make a team.. If that was the case, Miami would be 0-6

true. the point I was trying to make though, is maybe NT is a little overated maybe not. I know he's had pretty good defenses in both Wash and SD and had a couple of 8-8 season with a 5-11 season thrown in there. You cant pin all the blame on him, but damn change is sometimes good and predicatability in the NFL will get you fired.

This passing game cant get any worse.. Griese used Shannon Sharpe well in Denver and has McMichael here in Miami who is starting to dominate and pin the offensive passing game on his shoulders.. I also believe Griese will have a much much much higher percentages than Fiedler does when throwing the long bombs to WR's that have 3-4 steps ahead of the defender.. Griese may have some sacks to take, but he can avoid many of them just like Fiedler has by just stepping up in the pocket or side stepping.. Which hardly effects a pass attempt..

Originally posted by Phins13
I was at the game and there were 8 guys in the box and for the most part they had a safety near the line of scrimmage all day......just like Jax,Buff, Giants,Jets and Hou. .........Starting to get the picture here! They(and I mean the rest of the teams on our schedule) will have the same plan until we show that we can score T.Ds throwing the football. Whether it is Jay(I think seven games is enough time to get it done) or whether it will be B.G........ Whoever is behind center has to get the L.Bs and safeties off the line of scrimmage!!!!!

Can you please explain to me why there were so few tackles near the line of scrimmage by safeties then? RW was tackled for 3 yds or less 18 times. A safety made a solo tackle ONCE!!!!! A safety assisted on a tackle ONCE!!!! Thats two for the whole game!!!!

15 of the 18 tackles were made by D Linemen. Can you please explain to me why a defense would put 8 men in the box when 4 will do the job?

I don't care how many men are in the box. The front 4 of the defense are kicking our butts.

Anyone care to explain this?

Back
Top Bottom