Here’s How The Dolphins Can Create Flexibility To Dramatically Reshape Their Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s How The Dolphins Can Create Flexibility To Dramatically Reshape Their Roster

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
He left out if we clear out the front office and coaching staff, that too would have a dramatic effect on the roster.:up:

Screen-Shot-2015-10-06-at-10.22.47-AM.png

For all of the personnel moves they’ve grown to regret, the Dolphins could easily clear out $76 million in cap space this offseason if they choose to significantly reshape their roster, with an ability to create even more than that.

That would give them the fifth-most cap space next spring, behind the Colts, Jets, Browns and Bills. At the moment, Miami has only $16 million in space, which is eighth least, according to overthecap.com’s Jason Fitzgerald.

How would they do it? Here’s the hypothetical but very do-able scenario:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article221315285.html

I agree DK. I would like to see this take place. The most important thing Ross must do first is insert that enema into his organization. Until that is done we will be on this viscous cycle we’ve been on for 20 years

Crazy money these days. Tannehill need to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. He’s made close to what Marino made his whole career here in the just the last 2 years and played 5 games. Different times but that is just sad. Time to give back Ryan. Brady has done it before and you are a young Brady with legs, lol.

Crazy money these days. Tannehill need to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. He’s made close to what Marino made his whole career here in the just the last 2 years and played 5 games. Different times but that is just sad. Time to give back Ryan. Brady has done it before and you are a young Brady with legs, lol.
I don’t think we need him

At this point he’s only a distraction

I agree with the article
but i'd try to trade paker and pay Howard, that is the only legit player on the team

I don’t think we need him

At this point he’s only a distraction
He’s only a distraction to a select group of people.

But he should take a pay cut to stay. It’s just too much money for him to be a question mark health wise going forward.

But the article is talking about basically gutting the roster, which i dont think we need to be that extreme. I’d absolutely cut a few of those guys though- branch and Larsen for example. Probably cut Quinn too because that’s an obnoxious amount of money for what we are getting. Our DEs would be paper thin- Harris would finally get his chance to show up... and I’ve suggested it before but hell- just move to a 34 now and reshape the D. It could work. Wake being the only real 43 pass rusher left on the team, we could use him just on 3rd downs. Maybe get a pick for Harris in this scenario

Parker is a tough one.... how do we replace him? He has shown he can get open and make plays when healthy but again, what will that be? 6 games a year?

I’d keep Amendola too, no need to cut him just to need to replace him, he’s earning his money.

I’d be fine with moving on from Ja’Wuan James, find someone else to man the spot in the future.

Spence is making peanuts for a DT and has been serviceable at times and bad at times. I’d probably keep him but could go either way.. We need to count on growth from Taylor and godchaux. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft another body.

Probably keep T.J. McDonald for now. Can’t cut Reshad either. Hopefully we keep Maurice Smith around to develop him behind these high priced dudes.

Big money is going to be needed in the near future to resign Tunsil, Howard, and some others. Fitzpatrick after that

He’s only a distraction to a select group of people.

But he should take a pay cut to stay. It’s just too much money for him to be a question mark health wise going forward.

But the article is talking about basically gutting the roster, which i dont think we need to be that extreme. I’d absolutely cut a few of those guys though- branch and Larsen for example. Probably cut Quinn too because that’s an obnoxious amount of money for what we are getting. Our DEs would be paper thin- Harris would finally get his chance to show up... and I’ve suggested it before but hell- just move to a 34 now and reshape the D. It could work. Wake being the only real 43 pass rusher left on the team, we could use him just on 3rd downs. Maybe get a pick for Harris in this scenario

Parker is a tough one.... how do we replace him? He has shown he can get open and make plays when healthy but again, what will that be? 6 games a year?

I’d keep Amendola too, no need to cut him just to need to replace him, he’s earning his money.

I’d be fine with moving on from Ja’Wuan James, find someone else to man the spot in the future.

Spence is making peanuts for a DT and has been serviceable at times and bad at times. I’d probably keep him but could go either way.. We need to count on growth from Taylor and godchaux. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft another body.

Probably keep T.J. McDonald for now. Can’t cut Reshad either. Hopefully we keep Maurice Smith around to develop him behind these high priced dudes.

Big money is going to be needed in the near future to resign Tunsil, Howard, and some others. Fitzpatrick after that
Travis, I like your thoughts, but let me explain the “distraction” element:

Many of us agree that RT is not franchise starter material and that we should move on.

In that scenario, it’s not unlike replacing your leader in a political system or a company. If you are replacing the “head”, you don’t demote them to “assistant head” , or in this case backup QB. Aside from the face that his salary (even with a trim) doesn’t justify a backup role, you divide the locker room due to old allegiances etc. That is the distraction.

Make a clean break and let him fight for a backup role somewhere else

Cutting players causing salary cap issues, firing coaches does NOT affect the salary cap.

Restructuring Tannehill is a given, same as Quinn, same as Parker, same as James. if cutting Jones is too painful given the cap then restructure even it means a going away gift.

Cutting Branch and the rest of the scrubs are a given.

what would be the purpose. same that created this cluster of a roster will be the same people creating the 'new' roster. you have to start with creating new FO>

Travis, I like your thoughts, but let me explain the “distraction” element:

Many of us agree that RT is not franchise starter material and that we should move on.

In that scenario, it’s not unlike replacing your leader in a political system or a company. If you are replacing the “head”, you don’t demote them to “assistant head” , or in this case backup QB. Aside from the face that his salary (even with a trim) doesn’t justify a backup role, you divide the locker room due to old allegiances etc. That is the distraction.

Make a clean break and let him fight for a backup role somewhere else
Case in point.

Only a distraction to some people.

I agree with the article
but i'd try to trade paker and pay Howard, that is the only legit player on the team

Give Tunsil some love, he’s a pro bowl LT. James is a very good RT as well just gets hurt a bit much. There are some good pieces on this team.

Yup, I remember a guy saying "I have picks and money" but he wasted the picks and the money. We need a FO with a real plan.

Back
Top Bottom