Here’s How The Dolphins Can Create Flexibility To Dramatically Reshape Their Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s How The Dolphins Can Create Flexibility To Dramatically Reshape Their Roster

If I’m parker I’m not taking a cut don’t even think that’s on the table with the 5th year option.

If I’m Tannehill I am to about $17 mil.

Quinn had a pretty good showing vs the best pass pro tackle in football last week. So that ones a tough one. My guess is miami chooses wake over him. But the clocks ticking on wakes shelf life.

Getting out of tj mcdonald post June 1st only makes sense if Miami is gonna add a starter caliber #2 corner although I think it’s for the best for the team in putting guys in ideal fits. Mainly minkah and mccain

Too many bad angles to the ball from tj in run support

With Jones apparently quitting on the team, I'd keep McDonald. I like most of the moves, although I might still stick for one more year with Tannehill. A lot would depend on how he heals from the current injury and plays the rest of the year. Let's be honest, Bridgewater is probably the best option among veteran quarterbacks and that doesn't exactly give me a lot of confidence.

Foles, Flacco, Carr and others could be available in a trade. It's a tricky quarterback market and if Tannehill plays lights out the rest of the way, yes that could matter.

Mcdonald probably does stay because of reshads shoulder issues.

The only real priority they have is getting x signed long term and it’s gonna cost top 5 money unless he does the team a solid. Top 10 corner is worth top 5 money in free agency any day coming off a rookie deal

For me it’s Tannehill or bwater 2019. I’m not trading for non upgrades like Flacco or carr.

Foles is trash and we’d figure that out before the bye week

I agree with the article
but i'd try to trade paker and pay Howard, that is the only legit player on the team
Looking over the roster, there really aren't that many "must keep" players. I agree with you on Howard. I think Fitzpatrick and Howard are the two keepers on defense. I like Baker and the young DT's have been better than expected. On offense, Tunsil has arrived. Wilson looked like the best player among the skill guys before he went down.

The two absolute keepers are x and tunsil.

But Miami will pick up Tunsils 5th year so we don’t have to do anything there for 2 more years.

X must get locked up. Even if his ceiling is say top 8 corner it’s a no brainer when you look at this roster

Some of these should clearly happen. Quinn, Branch and Parker would clearly be overpaid for the production they give. That's over $30M right there. Outside of that, its just Tanne with the big contract. So if we cut all 4, that gives us $50M to either replace them or address other spots.

Looking over the roster, there really aren't that many "must keep" players. I agree with you on Howard. I think Fitzpatrick and Howard are the two keepers on defense. I like Baker and the young DT's have been better than expected. On offense, Tunsil has arrived. Wilson looked like the best player among the skill guys before he went down.
Pretty sure i recall reading that howard wants to be here so that’s good

I wonder how the Rams are paying big contracts while fielding a top 3 team...

Could it be a true offensive genius leading a true pro style QB...who just so happens to be in a rookie contract?

Cut ties with Tannehill...some ody picks him up and HOPEFULLY he starts there.

Only trade partner I see for him is Tampa Bay...

Hello Miko...!

Miami might keep McDonald IF he continues to play well at SS, in the Safety rotation, Miami seems to be employing. He's not a FS. Cutting or releasing Jones after 2019 is a no brainer, but if his 2019 contract guarentee is somehow nullified because of what he did, by taking himself out of the game, Miami, May be able to release him sooner. I think this is Tannehill, Branch and Quinn's last year in Miami. Releasing these 3 alone saves 35 plus million dollars. It's a no brainer to me.

I wonder how the Rams are paying big contracts while fielding a top 3 team...

Could it be a true offensive genius leading a true pro style QB...who just so happens to be in a rookie contract?

Cut ties with Tannehill...some ody picks him up and HOPEFULLY he starts there.

Only trade partner I see for him is Tampa Bay...

Hello Miko...!

Maybe Jags/Giants/Broncos

I think the worst thing you can do next year is create cap space and waste it on non-long term solutions. You do NOT create cap space to sign an expensive cast-off QB when 2020 is the year to draft a QB.

Not too mention, you want to over spend on an average QB only to keep us at .500 and in an impossible position to draft a franchise QB? NO. Keep the money. And bank it for the future.

Use the QBs on the team RIGHT NOW. Sift through them. You're looking for your future backup. Everyone else is expendable.

I'm fine with 1 more year of RT and Brock while you develop Fales and Falk. Then, in 2020 you create the opportunity for your future QB. Cut RT and Brock. Roll with Fales, Falk and Rookie. And continue to draft to build around him.

You develop a plan to create space by removing unneeded and under performing pieces. You align your plan to draft your franchise QB in 2020.

Knowing that, you draft in 2019 preparing for 2020. Don't reach. Fill needs naturally as the board allows. Build in the trenches.

SAVE cap space. Roll as much as you can into 2020. And continue rolling it forward. Don't sign long term FA's. Just plug holes with FA's. Restructure or cut your own under performing contracts into team friendlier deals. Find your key pieces already on the team and extend them when necessary.

You have to align your money to take advantage of a "dump" year (2019) and savvy restructures WHILE you have a rookie QB. You can't keep paying FA's the entire time hoping to catch fire. You continue rolling money forward to pay YOUR own talent. Then, in 4 - 5 years when it is time to pay your QB, you have some of your important pieces developed and paid.

Stop running the franchise like we are living pay check to pay check (year to year). It is time for us to save money, continue cutting under performing contracts and build. We have drafted some good talent. And even if they are not stellar starters, they can become future backups. You can't keep paying FA's every year and hope to win. Your core has to be drafted. And most of your backups have to be drafted.

The answers are the draft, restructures, savvy extensions, develop your own players and continue to build.

We need VISION. Stop spending money on outside talent. Develop our own. Resign our own.

I agree that we should stop relying on FA spending, but are we gonna keep drafting shitty guards?

G, RT, DT and C are areas we should target in FA

then draft for QB, WR, RB and DE(BPA at these poitions in the first 3 rounds).
maybe add C to that as well

Back
Top Bottom