Here's my comparison of our teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's my comparison of our teams

And yet we still beat you guys twice and probably singlehandedly prevented your team from the post-season. What a shame!

At least our team went out and made some improvements so we will be better next year. You guys have the same basic team that couldn't get it done last year and won't get it done this year.

Too Bad! :(
Buffman

Originally posted by buffman
And yet we still beat you guys twice and probably singlehandedly prevented your team from the post-season. What a shame!

At least our team went out and made some improvements so we will be better next year. You guys have the same basic team that couldn't get it done last year and won't get it done this year.

Buffman

I really have no idea of who you are answering, try hitting the quote button.
So its all a mis-direction thing for the Bills. They say Super Bowl is their goal but beating the Dolphins is really the mark they are after...Last place is LAST place. Get used to it.

BB

This year our defense will keep us from falling behind so we will be able to stay balanced on offense and pound Henry behind our monster offensive line. [/B]

I just wish I could see into the future as you wildebeest fans seem to !!!! Your "REVAMPED" jill defense hasn't played a down against their own offense,,,, let alone against another teams offense... But you jill fans have it already rated as a top 5 defense ...:confused: :lol:

Marino1983

Buffman

I wish you jill fans could get over LAST season !! You love to tell us Dolphin fans that we lurk in the past :confused:, all you guy's seem to ever brag about is the gift that R Lucas gave your team .. GET OVER IT ALREADY !!!

Ah - no - your team went out and signed some f-a's and drafted some college players just like all the other 31 teams ... And just like ALL the 31 other teams they have no idea if the moves they have made will improve their LAST place finish last year ..... :D

Marino1983

Marino1983

All you ever talk about is how no one knows if our f-a's will help us. Of course no one knows that for sure, but then let's just be straight with everything no one knows how anyone in the entire league is going to play. For all you know Jason Taylor may play like he did a few years ago when he just got pushed around or Jamie Nails may become overweight again. The bottomline is no one knows how anyone is going to play so I guess we might as well not even talk about the upcoming season. If you can assume the players you have are going to play well, I think I can assume that the players we have are going to play well.

Buffman

The Bills have had the best off-season since I've been following the Bills (1987). It remains to be seen how well we do.

The best comparison between the 2 teams is that both Wannstedt and Williams are fighting for their jobs in 2003. Herman Edwards and Belichick are secure for now. At least one of these coaches, if not both will be booted after the 2003-2004 season. Who will be gone? It definitely will make these division games more intense, if that's possible.

Yes our O-line gave up a lot of sacks but that is bound to happen when you throw as much as we did.

Not true, the direct link is not between passing and sacks. Last year's passing leader - Oakland surrendered 36 sacks - a full 18 less than Buffalo, the 1999 Rams surrendered 33 sacks, and the 1984 Dolphins allowed the fewest sacks in the league.

The direct link is not between passing and sacks it is between a pathetic offensive line and sacks.

54 sacks equates to 3.4 per game. That is pathetic and is the worst in the league.

Furthermore, Buffalo rushed for 1,596 yards (24th in the league) and for 4.1 yards per rush (19th in the league).

Every single measurable statistic places the Buffalo offensive line as somewhere between below average and abysmal.

Miami's o-line allowed 25 sacks (7th), rushed for 2502 yards (2nd, 5 yards behind 1st place), and averaged 4.7 yards per carry (4th)

No offensive line in the NFL performed better than Miami in the above statistics combined.

To say that Buffalo's offensive line is better than Miami's is laughable.

Zachseau

We still passed the second most times in the NFL. Referring to the Raiders and Rams means nothing because they each had top O-lines IMO. I think Buffalo also had the least rushing attempts in the league which makes it hard to get good rushing numbers. As I have said, our offense had very little balance and was always playing catch-up thanks to our bad defense. That makes it very hard on an O-line especially a young one like ours. This year hopefully our offense will have some balance and will run the ball consistently. And as your defense saw last year when we are able to stick with the run and pound Henry we can run the ball very well on anyone.

Zachseau

We still passed the second most times in the NFL. Referring to the Raiders and Rams means nothing because they each had top O-lines IMO.

What does that mean? This is what you said originally "Yes our O-line gave up a lot of sacks but that is bound to happen when you throw as much as we did. "

I provided you examples of three teams that threw as much as Buffalo and yet surrendered far fewer sacks thereby disproving your assertion that sacks are "bound to happen" when teams pass a lot.

In 1984 Marino set a record for passing attempts and Miami led the league in fewest sacks allowed.

I then showed you statistically that Buffalo's offensive line had a terrible year by every single statistic and that Miami's offensive line had an excellent year by every single statistic.

But, if you want to believe that Buffalo has a good offensive line don't let the facts get in your way.

Yeah but the few teams you mentioned were the exception and not the rule. Its common sense that when you pass a lot it is more likely that you are going to have more sacks especially with an immobile QB. And it is common sense that when you have fewest rushing attempts in the league your rushing numbers are not going to be very good and yet we still had the 5th leading rusher. Explain one thing to me though zachseau if our o-line is so bad how come they seemed to have an easy time pushing your defensive line around. I mean Bledsoe had time to throw all over the field and Henry had 2 100 yard games.

Yeah but the few teams you mentioned were the exception and not the rule. Its common sense that when you pass a lot it is more likely that you are going to have more sacks especially with an immobile QB. And it is common sense that when you have fewest rushing attempts in the league your rushing numbers are not going to be very good and yet we still had the 5th leading rusher. Explain one thing to me though zachseau if our o-line is so bad how come they seemed to have an easy time pushing your defensive line around. I mean Bledsoe had time to throw all over the field and Henry had 2 100 yard games.

Again, not true, for the third time, passing attempts are not directly linked to sacks.

Let me give you some more teams than the three I have already given you: Indianapolis in 2002 had the 5th ranked passing offense and surrendered only 23 sacks (31 fewer than Buffalo), Seattle had the 4th ranked passing offense and surrendered 33 sacks (21 fewer than Buffalo), the New York Giants had the 7th ranked passing offense and surrendered only 24 sacks.

These are good offensive lines, Buffalo's is pathetic.

In the two games that Miami and Buffalo played last year, Buffalo rushed for 132 yards in the first game and 161 yards in the second game, hardly dominating performances. By contrast, Miami rushed for 270 yards and 132 yards in the two games.

Finally, you claim that Bledsoe had time to throw all over the field. Bledsoe was sacked 5 times in the first game and 4 times in the second game.

Bledsoe played very well in the second game, but you can certainly not credit his porous, pathetic offensive line for his performance

Explain to me how 132 and 161 yard games are hardly dominating. Your contrast against your #s mean nothing since everyone knows our defense was terrible. Your defense is suppose to be so great yet we ran the ball all over your team. Then even with those sacks Bledsoe still had time on all his other throws to sit and wait for Moulds to break open deep down the field. And if you think the offensive line has nothing to do with the play of a QB especially one that is immobile like Bledsoe you are clueless. Yes our o-line definitely had their struggles but we had a very young O-line and a very bad O-line coach. Now we brought in a coach with some experience and our O-line has had a year of experience so they are only going to get better. I'm sure you still feel they are bad which is fine but just wait till we run all over your defense again and then maybe you will change your mind.

A 132 yard rushing game is not dominant, neither is a 161 yard game.

There were 9 teams in the NFL that averaged better than 132 rushing yards per game. Miami, for example, averaged 156 yards per game. A dominant rushing game would be Miami's 270 yard performance against Buffalo or 255 yard effort against Chicago.

9 sacks in two games is a pathetic performance. You continue to highlight your QB's immobility as an excuse for your O-line performance, but fail to recognize that other teams with very immobile QB's performed far better.

I told you that Indy surrendered only 23 sacks. IS PEYTON MANNING A MOBILE QB?

Or the New York Giants. IS KERRY COLLINS THE NEXT MICHAEL VICK?

Your offensive line is pathetic

By the way, do you ever use facts to bolster your arguments or do you find them to be inconvenient?

Stats mean sh%$. Last year the Broncos had both their offense and defense ranked in top 10 but yet they still didn't even make the playoffs.

As for the sacks its not just Bledsoe's immobility but also the fact he holds onto the ball too long. And as long as our O-line continues to get Henry 100 yard games I'm happy.

You believe whatever you want about our O-line but we will see when we meet this year.

Back
Top Bottom