Here’s What The Dolphins Are Doing With Past Two 1st Rounders, Wilkins And Fitzpatric Read More Her | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s What The Dolphins Are Doing With Past Two 1st Rounders, Wilkins And Fitzpatric Read More Her

It’s hard to imagine how someone as talented and well-prepared as Minkah could possibly be kept off the field.

Unless this is either related to mind games/motivation or keeping his role under wraps.

There’s no way Bmac at FS should be playing over Minkah at FS.

Minkah could play FS, he could play CB, but they believe he is best at the Slot.

I think this is just probably trying to get him reps in a lot of different roles before the season starts

So they can plug him anywhere come game day or in game should tbey have an injury etc.

Bobby McCain is not fast enough for the slot. Not good enough at coverage to play boundary, and not sure enough of a tackler to be safety... And has the worst contract on the team... Even worse than Reshad Jones.

It’s hard to imagine how someone as talented and well-prepared as Minkah could possibly be kept off the field.

Unless this is either related to mind games/motivation or keeping his role under wraps.

There’s no way Bmac at FS should be playing over Minkah at FS.
I'm sure, barring injury (knock wood), Minkah will see more snaps than anyone not named X. He will move all over the place.

That said, it's probably a case where McCain needs the majority of the TC reps at FS, as someone other than MF needs to play that position in most "packages".

Minkah will be on the field the opening series on opening day. If he isn't, our staff are morons.

I also beleive a majority of D snaps will feature 5 DBs, so it's easy to justify giving McCain substantial run at FS.

Look at it this way. If we have multiple guys that can play multiple roles, opposing QBs are going to be "guessing" to a certain extent.

Minkah is not in coverage drills or barely in coverage in what they have him doing at practice so this showing them what he has is hilarious .. slot at this point would be an upgrade compared to what they are doing right now

PFF: Minkah Fitzpatrick ‘already on track to be one of the best slot cornerbacks’

Gayle explains that Fitzpatrick’s grade as a slot cornerback in 2018 - where he played 379 snaps - ranked him among the elite defensive backs covering in the slot. He was ranked first in completion percentage allows, first in passer rating allowed, and ninth in coverage grade. Going back to his college performance, he was graded as the top slot coverage player ever in the PFF college era (2014-2018).

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/5...patrick-cornerback-safety-linebacker-position

Everyone has there opinion where Minkah would best fit, trying to moving him into the base defense, I personal believe he is best suited to be Strong Safety playing at the line of scrimmage taking advantage of his smarts/capability to read a defense that has him blitzing the QB or mirroring one of these running QB's that are starting to litter the league, I believe his special talent would be wasted at FS.

Have to respectfully disagree on this SS that is TJ he should be getting reps at Cb being to taught to get his head around like every other dB or free safety . He was used at Alabama most always in coverage only sometimes in disguised blitz packages makes no sense to have him only in run support and blitz packages that’s going to be really hard to figure out lol

I totally get that Minkah is a really good (possibly great) slot DB, and since offenses line up with 3WR some obnoxiously high % of time that I'm too lazy to look up, I understand he'll be on the field a high percentage even if he was "just" the nickel DB. But if we don't need a slot DB, he should still be on the field as a safety. You just don't sideline his instincts and preparation...he'll be more assertive this season and should pretty much captain the secondary and backers.

I agree Bmac is getting reps at FS so there is some interchangeability and situational disguise, but he should be much more likely to hit the sideline than Minkah in base IMHO.

Free safety that can also walk up and play the slot in some packages

Strong safety is where I like him least and not surprising he only got 3 snaps in 2018. Not a sure enough/ physical tackler to play strong all the time.

For me it’s free safety, slot, boundary, strong safety in order

But miamis probably gonna play so many dbs in packages it won’t much matter. I just don’t want to see him used as a enforcer it’s not his game

I totally get that Minkah is a really good (possibly great) slot DB, and since offenses line up with 3WR some obnoxiously high % of time that I'm too lazy to look up, I understand he'll be on the field a high percentage even if he was "just" the nickel DB. But if we don't need a slot DB, he should still be on the field as a safety. You just don't sideline his instincts and preparation...he'll be more assertive this season and should pretty much captain the secondary and backers.

I agree Bmac is getting reps at FS so there is some interchangeability and situational disguise, but he should be much more likely to hit the sideline than Minkah in base IMHO.

Exactly

Flores came from the Pats. He knows how to use defensive players. I think we should all just let camp play out for Minkah. The guy skilled at every position, and may be the one player offenses will have to know every play where he is. Big year coming for that man.

Minkah is not in coverage drills or barely in coverage in what they have him doing at practice so this showing them what he has is hilarious .. slot at this point would be an upgrade compared to what they are doing right now
Have you been at practice??

So what exactly is he doing if not in coverage? blitzing all the time? .... i somehow doubt this

Back
Top Bottom