He's No Field General Mr. President | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He's No Field General Mr. President

Krush

Finaholic
Club Member
Reaction score
Imo Chad Henne is not command of this offense, he know's what he wants to do but he doesn't have the ability to make a big play from his posistion, a QB has to be a field general, for example when a play breaks down instead of trying not to make a mistake he needs to be more acertive and try to create something out a bad situation, now we know that the int's will come but I think it sends the wrong message for him just to be the caretaker of the football, taking chances and succeding in them often breaks the other team spirit, just like Manning, Morino, just when you think you have them sacked they somehow make a play, I honestly don't see that in chad henne, if he calls a play and the play breaks down he takes a sack or throw an int. He might be a good Qb but the fins might as well puy noodle arm back in because the the team seems different and there is more command out on the field. This team is laden with talent but it all starts and end with the Qb, if he plays like crap then the team most likely lose unless the can control the rock on the ground. I have seen 3 preseason games and in all of them the fins looks good one series and the next they stink, Like last week when Y Bell picked of ryan and the posistion of the football was around the 50 yard line, the team got nil, if it had been Manning you can take it to the bank that a touchdown or at 3 points was going up on the board. Maybe it's the play calling but for some reason it's business as usual in this offense.

If teams expects to win then it needs to come from the player who needs to excute, the coaches who needs to call the most favorable play that has a chance to succeed, and take some risks, this is a good team, please don't waste Brandon Marshall talents running wildcat plays with slow runninbacks, if you need a QB then develop Henne, this team will always be able to run but it's time to open up this offense or this team will be just like last year's team daydreaming about the playoffs.:rolleyes:

This hurt my brain and I think there's a chance my future offspring will be marked by this as well. :/

I somewhat agree with what you're saying, but you lost all credibility with "Morino"...

Henne is going into his first full year starting.
Give him this year before you judge.
You dont know what the coaches were preaching to him everyday last year.

But on a serious note.
Morino?
I have seen fan cards pulled for less

Another dose of "Pennyslurping" although more indirectly than some of the 8/08-joined members who apparently used to root for the jets and put player over team.

Yeah too bad the Falcons were blitzing about every other down and Henne had zilch time to throw.

I'm sure the Dolphins prepared themselves for an onslaught of blitzes in a preseason game.

It's probably difficult as a fan base being patient with a QB developing after Marino's monster 2nd year. I was talking to my gf the other day about how I didn't think Sanchez would be good enough in his 2nd season to carry the team (when contemplating the D w/out Revis), mostly because it's only his second season. The only 2nd year QB I could think of that was able to carry his team was 26 years ago.

Can anyone think of another 2nd year QB that was able to truly be a "field general"? It just doesn't happen. It's been over a quarter of a century from what I can remember.

Another dose of "Pennyslurping" although more indirectly than some of the 8/08-joined members who apparently used to root for the jets and put player over team.

If I start posting everything in blue will you take me more seriously? Will that make you happy? Because that's what I strive for everyday, to make Vaark happy

Please find an editor for your posts.

Imo Chad Henne is not command of this offense, he know's what he wants to do but he doesn't have the ability to make a big play from his posistion, a QB has to be a field general, for example when a play breaks down instead of trying not to make a mistake he needs to be more acertive and try to create something out a bad situation, now we know that the int's will come but I think it sends the wrong message for him just to be the caretaker of the football, taking chances and succeding in them often breaks the other team spirit, just like Manning, Morino, just when you think you have them sacked they somehow make a play, I honestly don't see that in chad henne, if he calls a play and the play breaks down he takes a sack or throw an int. He might be a good Qb but the fins might as well puy noodle arm back in because the the team seems different and there is more command out on the field. This team is laden with talent but it all starts and end with the Qb, if he plays like crap then the team most likely lose unless the can control the rock on the ground. I have seen 3 preseason games and in all of them the fins looks good one series and the next they stink, Like last week when Y Bell picked of ryan and the posistion of the football was around the 50 yard line, the team got nil, if it had been Manning you can take it to the bank that a touchdown or at 3 points was going up on the board. Maybe it's the play calling but for some reason it's business as usual in this offense.

If teams expects to win then it needs to come from the player who needs to excute, the coaches who needs to call the most favorable play that has a chance to succeed, and take some risks, this is a good team, please don't waste Brandon Marshall talents running wildcat plays with slow runninbacks, if you need a QB then develop Henne, this team will always be able to run but it's time to open up this offense or this team will be just like last year's team daydreaming about the playoffs.:rolleyes:

Gold Jerry! Pure Gold!

Henne is going into his first full year starting.
Give him this year before you judge.
You dont know what the coaches were preaching to him everyday last year.

But on a serious note.
Morino?
I have seen fan cards pulled for less
I am a staunch dolphins fan for 43 years, sorry about the typo of Marino, Henne is too mechanical, he stairs down receivers, and he's not deceptive with the rock. Pennyslurping LOL that's good, for all of penny's shortcomings he's still a better field general, he doesn't have arm strength, but he does have the other intangeables that Henne doesn't have, if this team doesn't perform you will be saying Chad henne who?

Back
Top Bottom