He's No Field General Mr. President | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He's No Field General Mr. President

This thread is exactly why the FO should not have brought back Pennington. I believe that competition is a good thing, but do you want your starting QB looking over his shoulder every time he has a bad game? Especially when the backup likely has the majority of the veterans in the locker room in his back pocket? If we don't trade Pennington away before the season starts, we are going to be having this conversation all season. Henne will have some bad games, and whenever he does this topic will come up again. What if he has a few bad games in a row? Holy sh*t, it will be pure chaos on FinHeaven!!

This will come with time. Give him another season, then criticize his field general skills. If you watch someone like Aaron Rodgers, who is easily the best young QB out there at the moment, it took him some time to develop the awareness, but if you watch him this year, he looks as cool as Peyton. You are jumping the gun here.

This thread is exactly why the FO should not have brought back Pennington. I believe that competition is a good thing, but do you want your starting QB looking over his shoulder every time he has a bad game? Especially when the backup likely has the majority of the veterans in the locker room in his back pocket? If we don't trade Pennington away before the season starts, we are going to be having this conversation all season. Henne will have some bad games, and whenever he does this topic will come up again. What if he has a few bad games in a row? Holy sh*t, it will be pure chaos on FinHeaven!!

bringing back pennington was a good move. Its better to have a viable second option at QB than not to have one at all, or one named cleo lemon, ray lucas and so on. Henne should be looking over his shoulder, it creates good competition and should only make him stronger.

Thankfully, finheaven doesnt call the shots of the FO. If the FO ran the team like some of the posters on this board would like, we would probably have decades of 4-12, 3-13... seasons.

Then Henne would have got everything he asked for. Henne was the one who wanted Pennington back and got his wish when Pennington was re-signed.

Then Henne would have got everything he asked for. Henne was the one who wanted Pennington back and got his wish when Pennington was re-signed.

I also doubt that Henne thought that Penny would come back as strong as he has.

As strong as he has? Are you talking about the same Pennington who was reportedly throwing wounded ducks in practice or the Pennington who had to throw a jump ball to Marshall in the Jacksonville game because he couldn't hit him stride after Brandon got behind the DB?

well if pennington beats out henne, we'll all have our answer [ and thankfully so, sooner rather than later].

He was a good field general putting together the game winning drives against the Jets and New England!

Henne's biggest problem last year was he didn't play defense! That's what blew most of the games.

As strong as he has? Are you talking about the same Pennington who was reportedly throwing wounded ducks in practice or the Pennington who had to throw a jump ball to Marshall in the Jacksonville game because he couldn't hit him stride after Brandon got behind the DB?

And how is that any different that the way he has played the past few years? His passes are always gonna look like wounded ducks, but they seem to find thier target more times than not. And Sparano even said in his post game presser that the throw to Marshall was thrown short intentionally. He has played well enough to get the backup job, and apparantly good enough for there to be mulitple threads on this board about our current QB situation.

And how is that any different that the way he has played the past few years? His passes are always gonna look like wounded ducks, but they seem to find thier target more times than not. And Sparano even said in his post game presser that the throw to Marshall was thrown short intentionally. He has played well enough to get the backup job, and apparantly good enough for there to be mulitple threads on this board about our current QB situation.

come on man... that means nothing... There are also threads on people opinions on how good Ted is.. that doesnt make it so.. How about the Zach to safety thread.

Too early to judge, IMO.

After a full year as a starter (and 2/3 years studying under Pennington), we will be able to say,...

he has the physical tools and now has a star WR and a decent TE (if Martin is like he used to be)....

He wont be perfect, for sure, but what I need to see is him continuing to improve, to learn new stuff...

Imo Chad Henne is not command of this offense, he know's what he wants to do but he doesn't have the ability to make a big play from his posistion, a QB has to be a field general, for example when a play breaks down instead of trying not to make a mistake he needs to be more acertive and try to create something out a bad situation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d8135f914/WK-5-Chad-Henne-highlights

One of the more impressive plays i saw last season was when Henne rolled out on a long 3rd down against the Panthers and hit Bess while doing his best rendition of matador versus the bull while dodging a defender. Even then, his detractors immediately started up with "had he hit him in stride Bess woulda gotten more yards!!!!".

I suppose all the cool kids have decided its fashionable to support any discouraging perception(however utterly flawed) of our starting QB. I cant help but remember at the beginning of the offseason, after we failed to land Ryan Clark, the outcry for our front office to be fired and coaching staff gutted(in the middle of the offseason and before the draft no less). This was considered the worst offseason in the history of our team and someone had to pay for it! Then....we trade for Brandon Marshall, and suddenly i see threads voting on this offseason being the best offseason in the history of our team.

Henne picks apart Jacksonville, suddenly he's the best thing since sliced bread. Henne has an interception of a tipped pass, suddenly he needs to be benched. The way the winds blow on this board is absolutely amazing, logic and reasoning are the first thing abandoned in an orgy of recrimination. Ignored is how insane the expectations are in the first place.
I'd love these threads to be stickied at the top of the forum during the season, but have little need to ask because after the first loss or first bad performance im certain ill see more then enough threads pop up simply repeating this message of pessimism.

the offense opened up later in the year under henne last season and he threw for 300 plus yards 3 out of the final 5 games one of the ones he didn't he left early with an eye injury..

and for all you penny lovers he did jack squat vs the falcons for there to even be a discussion about how he should start...the ignorance around here floors me...

Back
Top Bottom