Hester In The 3rd? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hester In The 3rd?

Flyer22 said:
Don't misconstrue my comments for the sake of argument. You and I both know that comparing Leinart and Batch is different than comparing two kick-returners. Hester is a great athelete and a great kick returner, and with time he may take snaps as a wide receiver in the NFL. The Dolphins don't need a kick returner, however, and a wide receiver would be picked to contribute immediately. Hester simply is not the right pick for Miami in the third round, especially when the team only has 6 picks remaining.

I didn't misconstrue anything. You said Hester was not as good as Welker or Campbell because you "don't know what he'll do in the NFL". So the same can be said about Leinart.

kpcane said:
Well I guess you can also say that defense doesn't really win games either. Baltimore was 5th, Green Bay was 7th, and Arizona was 8th.
The statistics you bring up are for yards allowed, one measure of defense (In addition to takeaways, sacks, pash/rush yds. allowed, etc.). There's one problem here. You ignored that:

Tampa Bay was 1st, Chicago was 2nd, Carolina was 3rd, Pittsburgh was 4th, Jacksonville was 6th, Washington was 9th, and Indianapolis was 11th.

Of the top 11 in yards allowed, only Dallas and the three you mentioned didn't make it to the playoffs.

kpcane said:
I didn't misconstrue anything. You said Hester was not as good as Welker or Campbell because you "don't know what he'll do in the NFL". So the same can be said about Leinart.
Here's the difference:
Welker: Proven good NFL kick returner = better than unproven college kick returner

Batch:
Proven terrible NFL QB = not comparable to college superstar

I would say a good, proven NFL starter like Delhomme or Roethlisberger is better than Leinart, simply because Leinart could end up being a bust. You did misconstrue my comments by assuming I meant that any NFL player is better than any college player.

Flyer22 said:
Kick returning doesn't really win games. The top three teams in avg. kick return yards last year were:
1. Buffalo 2. Houston 3. NY Jets

The Super Bowl champion Steelers were 21st in the NFL. The Seahawks were 16th. The Broncos were 25th, the Panthers were 27th, the Colts were 28th,and the Bears were 29th.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamreturn&pos=off&league=nfl&season=2&year=2005

Dante Hall didnt win a SB for the Chiefs but he sure won several games for the Chiefs.

Hester is amazing, I was wondering why Lovie Smith didn't have him returning kick-offs in the first place. he will add at least one more to the record with 3 games still left

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Yea..and better agree with him or else he gets biatchy and disses people:rolleyes2

FLMAO @ this.

Back
Top Bottom