Hester In The 3rd? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hester In The 3rd?

Look, if the harrington deal doesn't fall into place, we'll need a backup better then brock berlin. I'd say that we should take omar jacobs in the third

Hester will never be a starter, or even a decent backup, anywhere except special teams.

MiamiMan147 said:
Hester will never be a starter, or even a decent backup, anywhere except special teams.

And you know this because...? Never count out an athlete like this guy.

UF Fin Kat said:
willie reid is absolutely NOT a better returner than hester.

He's one of the best in the nation. See Acc Championship and orange bowl. Reid ran the 2nd fastest 40 time at the combine and you know he's not afraid to take a hit because he's played RB for FSU. The big difference is that Reid can play WR well from the slot and Hester has no position.

P.S. Seems to me like all of Hester's returns last year were against JV teams.

NickJr. said:
He's one of the best in the nation. See Acc Championship and orange bowl. Reid ran the 2nd fastest 40 time at the combine and you know he's not afraid to take a hit because he's played RB for FSU. The big difference is that Reid can play WR well from the slot and Hester has no position.

P.S. Seems to me like all of Hester's returns last year were against JV teams.

Nobody kicks to Hester anymore. He only had one punt return for a TD last year, and still averaged over 14 yards per punt return. It didn't really matter what they did...we always got good field position because of Hester, or at least the presence of him. Reid's not even in the same class. He had some huge seams to run through.

kpcane said:
Nobody kicks to Hester anymore. He only had one punt return for a TD last year, and still averaged over 14 yards per punt return. It didn't really matter what they did...we always got good field position because of Hester, or at least the presence of him. Reid's not even in the same class. He had some huge seams to run through.

You missed my point. Hester is a great return man, but that's his only ability. Willie Reid can contribute as a reciever and he's a good return man.

Reid's not even in the same class. He had some huge seams to run through

That's rediculous. Those returns were in big games against teams with strong special teams.(VT is famous for thiers.) Also, then you could say what's hester done lately. For a guy with only 1 skill you need to do it more than once a year.

Also, here's a quote from Boomer about Hester:

He ran a great 40 time of 4.32, a rather less decent short shuttle of 4.20, 16 on the bench, 38 inch vertical. I've heard no interest from the Dolphins. Why would they need a player who has no position? Great return man, but we have Welker and Kelly Campbell. I don't see it.

MiamiMan147 said:

As of now im on that bandwagon to

But if he really is dedicated Ive seen the guy play a lot and he does have a lot of raw potential, so if he is willing to put in the work and develop his skills at one position in 3-4 years he could be a very solid starter at either WR or DB

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Yea,because Welker and Campbell are better than Hester..:sidelol: puhhlease.
No...he's saying that since we have Welker and Campbell kick returner is not a need, especially one to fill in the third round. For the record, Welker and Campbell are better than Hester. Until Hester joins a team and starts returning kicks (and that's all he'll do), you don't know how well he will do in the NFL.

NickJr. said:
That's rediculous. Those returns were in big games against teams with strong special teams.(VT is famous for thiers.) Also, then you could say what's hester done lately. For a guy with only 1 skill you need to do it more than once a year.

You're the one that's missing the point. Teams actually kicked to Willie Reid. Reid got 9 more punt returns than Hester, and I remember several times Hester wouldn't call for a fair catch because he got so few opportunities. But let's think about this. Why would Willie Reid have more punt returns than Hester? FSU's defense was better? Nope. Miami's total defense was more than 30 yards per game better, and their scoring defense was about 8 points per game better. You can't return punts if they don't kick it to you. If I had time I'd check to see what their punt return average was on non-TD scoring returns, and I'd guarantee you Hester's would be better.

Flyer22 said:
No...he's saying that since we have Welker and Campbell kick returner is not a need, especially one to fill in the third round. For the record, Welker and Campbell are better than Hester. Until Hester joins a team and starts returning kicks (and that's all he'll do), you don't know how well he will do in the NFL.

Uh yeah and Charlie Batch is better than Matt Leinart.

MiamiDolphins34 said:
Yea,because Welker and Campbell are better than Hester..:sidelol: puhhlease.

Yeah I don't really buy this "Boomer" guy either. Hester would be an immediate upgrade over Welker and Campbell.

he didn't say they were better returnmen. he said drafting a guy who only returns kicks is useless when we already have TWO good ones.

Back
Top Bottom