Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh......

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Our Line:

LT Smith
LG James
C McKinney
RG McIntosh
RT Salaam

Looks like the best Line in the AFC East to me..........top 5 in the AFC, top 10 in the NFL...

What do you all think?

Did I strike gold?

Wade Smith would be an awful guard. The only position he can play is tackle, and he is better suited as a LT.

can smith play gaurd? And I thought Salaam had some trouble pass blocking and moving into the second level in run blocking..? not sure, just looking to get it cleared up :)

Except at LT. Wade Smith will be better than Salaam.

Maybe somebody can help me with this. Shouldn't your RG be proficient in the run game?? Shouldn't he be really strong, going against those big DTs?? I can understand from a pulling and pass blocking standpoint (even though you'd think he'd be susceptible to the bullrush of a large, strong DT). But in the run game.....that's where I need some assistance understanding. Because it just seems like Smith would need to be alot stronger to do well over there.

yea, i think section is trying to make up for jinxing tait/woody

smith is too small for guard, salaam has never been great (not even in denver where all olineman are good), McIntosh we need to be healthy and reach his potential

Guards are supposed to provide push & Smith doesn't provide it. Salaam may be better at RG or RT but McIntosh is much better than him as a LT in pass protection.

If the Dolphins sign McIntosh he will play RT.

Salaam is a dud.

Wade Smith is currently gaining weight......Maddog said that they target his weight at 310. Wade Smith gets good leverage and has excellent feet which would make him a good fit with a wham / trap & pull running game which we are.

As for Salaam, Denver let him go over money....his play was very good last year. As for his pass blocking, He has always been considered very reliable.

I think some of you need to get that vision of 5 massive fat guys lumbering around..........We need an athletic tenacious O-Line......

Those five guys I put together fit that bill as far as being able to run downfield and kick Rodney Harrisons damn teeth in.

I don't get the hostility some of you on this board have against Ephraim Salaam.....The guy can flat out play.......

;)

Originally posted by Section126
and move Wade Smith to guard......

Our Line:

LT Salaam
LG James
C McKinney
RG Smith
RT McIntosh

Looks like the best Line in the AFC East to me..........top 5 in the AFC, top 10 in the NFL...

What do you all think?

Did I strike gold?

With that 5, I would line them up like this

LT Smith
LG James
C McKinney
RG McIntosh
RT Salaam

Mac is the best drive blocker,
Smith has the tools to become the best pass blocker of the bunch although McIntosh may be better right now. Salaam is a tackle only and better on the right side IMO.
Actually if we signed two tackles, I'd rather sign Greg Randall and Mac and put Randall at RG and Mac at RT

Re: Re: Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh......

Originally posted by MrClean

With that 5, I would line them up like this

LT Smith
LG James
C McKinney
RG McIntosh
RT Salaam

Mac is the best drive blocker,
Smith has the tools to become the best pass blocker of the bunch although McIntosh may be better right now. Salaam is a tackle only and better on the right side IMO.
Actually if we signed two tackles, I'd rather sign Greg Randall and Mac and put Randall at RG and Mac at RT

I like your thinking......I agree....I will change my lineup.

I don't get the hostility some of you on this board have against Ephraim Salaam.....The guy can flat out play.......

I don't like him because he's shaky as a pass protector. He was pretty bad in 2002 at LT. Last year he played better but McIntosh is a better solution.

Not sure about that. McIntosh though came into the league as a prospect at G. He would make a great RG. And Salaam a good RT.

i dont know enough about salaam to say for sure one way or another i just know most denver lineman seem to perform worse when they leave and salaam has never been outstanding. 20 sacks over the last 3 years(43 games, only one full season played)

Salaam was terrible in Atlanta.He was a terrible pass blocker and he also isn't that good in the run blocking.Also has had past knee injuries.
The reason the Broncos signed him was the fact he has quick feet.
The Broncos OL philosphy is on quickness and technique and that is why they have the lightest OL in the league.
And the reason the Broncos cut him besides his salary is they got last years 1st pick George Foster waiting in the wings.

Has ayone seen Salaam play?
He's a major liability in the passing game.
Watch some Atlanta/Denver games.

Back
Top Bottom