Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh......

I have and I feel he would be a far better RT or RG.

Originally posted by Jaj
Not sure about that. McIntosh though came into the league as a prospect at G. He would make a great RG. And Salaam a good RT.

He was drafted as a tackle.

Originally posted by Section126
Our Line:

LT Smith
LG James
C McKinney
RG McIntosh
RT Salaam

Looks like the best Line in the AFC East to me..........top 5 in the AFC, top 10 in the NFL...

What do you all think?

Did I strike gold?

Maybe Wade Smith comes into his own this season. But until he proves himself, no line that includes him protecting a QB's blindspot is going to be ranked in the top 15, much less top 10. The facts about Smith are these...he was unable to perform at his position against NFL talent without a TON of help. HOPEFULLY he turns that around this season, but until he does ranking him as a top player is a joke. Oh, and you can throw in the fact that our Center is a kid who couldn't beat out a player who had lost several steps and wasn't getting the job done. And lastly, you can throw in the fact that you've got 5 players listed there who have never played a single snap together. The O-line more than any other unit requires time and cohesion. If you can show me an O-line consisting of 5 players who have never started a single season together that cracked the top 10 in the NFL I'll send you a dollar.

I remember it real well that he was considered a G in what was it 99?

by any chance...have any of you seen Salaam play? This guy is horrible, he can't run block and he is average at best as a pass blocker. Please stop with this Salaam talk.

Salaam can run block. Denver was pretty pleased with him this year. You can't blame them for cutting an average starter who had a salary of 6.3m this year.

Originally posted by Jaj
I remember it real well that he was considered a G in what was it 99?

Sorry bud, he never played guard in college. He was a LT & a DT his junior year & was exclusively a LT his senior season. Some thought he could play guard in the pros but he was drafted as a LT in 2000 by the Bolts.

Originally posted by Jaj
Salaam can run block. Denver was pretty pleased with him this year. You can't blame them for cutting an average starter who had a salary of 6.3m this year.

They had to clear a spot for George Foster & the other tackle spot is for Matt Lepsis.

Ya but you know the funny thing is Foster is going to play RT, not LT. Lepsis is going to play LT supposedly.

Re: Re: Het Rick! Sign BOTH Salaam AND McIntosh......

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

......Oh, and you can throw in the fact that our Center is a kid who couldn't beat out a player who had lost several steps and wasn't getting the job done.......

I think Seth's play would have been fine, but he didn't have the line calls and command that Ruddy had. I think he will be fine at center this year because havign a whole new line will allow them to come up with their own signals. I like Seth's aggressive play and hope he truly gets his shot to show us this year.

You did bring up a good point though that I also said, it's a whole new line this year. Hopefully they can all gel really well in the preseason, for Ricky's sake.

Why not just sign Bobbie Williams who is actually a G than signing a light weight player to play RT who has history of inconsistent play.

If we're going to get a player with inconsistent play get one who is a G already and will make less money.

it's called depth. Right now there are no real tackles on the roster and a bunch of rookie guards. Signing two tackles, or guys that could play tackle if neccessary, makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom