Hey Dolphin Fans! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Dolphin Fans!

Originally posted by ColtsFever
Nice win over the Lions today!

How do you think the game vs our Colts will be?
Think it will be closer?...
whats your thoughts?

Good luck!

Go Colts!

Tony,

I just had to mention that the Colt fans..... at least the ones that have come down here to see the Colts/ Fins games, are the nicest fans I've ever met. I like the Colts....(When they aren't playing the Fins) because of that.... well that and the Edge! We won't miss playing Edge, Harrison and Manning twice every year but I will miss you guys coming down to Pro Player stadium for the games. You guys and the Patsies were the only other AFC east fans that were fun to hang out with.

Congrats on not having to deal with Jets and Bills fans anymore!

Good luck to the Colts too.....
err uh, when they're not playing the Fins.

I read something about Marcus Pollard getting hurt in today's game. If he is out, combined with not keeping Ken Dilger, that will really affect the middle passing game for the Colts, which is the area the Phins seem to have more problems with.
If Pollard is indded down and out, then it will greatly increase the likelyhood of the Phins extending their win streak in Indianapolis

Originally posted by mf52dolphin
I read something about Marcus Pollard getting hurt in today's game. If he is out, combined with not keeping Ken Dilger, that will really affect the middle passing game for the Colts, which is the area the Phins seem to have more problems with.

This is something that is getting lost in all the living-up-to-high-expectations offensive euphoria. Our defense was sub-par. Way sub-par. Colts will take advantage of this so let's hope Pollard is sidelined. I'd sure like another pre-season like game, as this week was, to get our defensive **** together.

I got the Dolphins 34 and the Colts 31.

The only thing that worry's me about the Colts is Manning and wether or not he will be able to take advantage of that weak 'zone' spot in our D .... if our O isn't performing, that could be a huge difference.

But as someone pointed out, we've bested the Colts with far less talent than we have now on O and the Colts aren't all that different a team than they have been......I say 28-10 . Phins of course ;)
clear.gif

Thanks for all the comments.... I think it will be a good game.... close one too.... you guys are much better than the Jag Fans!!! all they did was talk too much smack when i asked them their thoughts!!! Go Figure!!!

well Good Luck!

Go Colts!!

It's going to be a very fun game. Peyton, and the edge is going to do their thing. But, we are on a mission this year and you guys our just another victim. I do expect for the colts to win their division and be in the playoffs. 19-0 BABY

anyone think the Colts have any chances at all in Beating the Dolphins?

Go Colts!!

I honestly don't. You guys didn't change much on defense besides schemes. Meanwhile defenses are going to have a hard time figuring out to contain Chambers/McMicheal/Williams without letting Konrad/Gadsden/Fielder burn them. Meanwhile the Colts offense can't get more dangerous then it already is and we've done alright there in the past in containing that offense just enough.

Norv Turner will be the difference here. He plays havoc with weaker defenses because of his ability to change on the fly.

All I know is that this game is going to lay on the shoulders of the defense. If they let Indy get a comfortable lead, then it takes Ricky out of the game, and makes our O 1-dimensional. However, I've been reading that Edge hasn't been looking like his normal self, I guess he doesn't have the same quickness and cutback ability or something. If Edge doesn't get anything going, then Peyton is in big big trouble. Its going to be a fun game...

Yeah someone does. The people in Las Vegas. They have the colts three points favorites. I will be winning some money this weekend.

The Colts are a good team.Good Special Teams, and a great offense, WHEN healthy. If they are all healthy their O dwarfs ours. Manning is a Very Good to Great QB, but Edge is still a questionmark and there is ZERO depth behind him.

Pollard is a very good TE, and has been a Dolphin killer, but it looks like he is out for 2 weeks, so we catch a BIG break with him out, not much depth behind him.

Ismail and Harrison are one of the best duos in the league. Ismail was a pro-bowl WR in Baltimore with SCRUB QBs tossing him the ball, now he has Manning and we are already seeing results. Reggie Wayne is a good #3 WR so our nickle packages will have to be sharpe.

Their Oline has played well in the past, tho they did lose McKinnie, it is still decent. They are far from dominant tho.

Their defense is shaky at best, tons of potential, but thin on production. That is what scares me about this defense. They are so young and inconsistant, they may play a great game, and then nosedive.....I just hope that we aren't one of their better games.

The Dline has 2 high drafted rookies.....Triplett, a smallish but quick DT is a starter. I don't think Freeney is starting at DE yet, but he can bring some speed off the edge in passing situations. Bratzke is a solid NFL DE and has played well against us in the past. Cannida, their other DT is injured, so we catch a break there, and their depth is weak on the line.

Their LBs are good. I think Peterson is one of the best OLB in the NFL. Morris is a sloid run stuffing MLB , but I think we can attck him in the passing game. Washington is a solid pass rushing OLB who is growing as a player each week. He will be a good one.

Their secondary is weak. Walt Harris is one starter, and probobly the best player in the secondary, which is not good. They have young safeties, and soft corner play, so i think we have a HUGE advantage there with our WRs, hopefully Jay will torch them.

All in all, I just wouldn't write off Indianapolis, they have some REAL talent up there. I owuldn't be completely suprised if we lost, but I would be dissapointed, because it is a game we SHOULD win, but that's why they play the game.

Side Note: we have won the last 3 in Indy, so I definately like our chances for an RCA 4-peat......

Sure Indy has a chance to win...I think at home with a real number two WR they will actually be able to move pretty well against our D.

I just think the loss of Pollard and Cannida along with our new-found offensive balance we'll be able to grind it out and win a close one.

I've been worried about this game since the start of the season...we'd better be on our game to take it in Indy.

I think we better bring everything we got in order to beat you guys!!

you phin fans are pretty cool!!

Go Colts!

I agree, on a team short on depth, losing 2 quality starters REALLY hurts their chances this weekend.

If Pollard were healthy i would be A LOT more worried about this game.

Lokking at their Dline, i really don't think they can stop us, due to their size and lack of depth. In order to stop us they will have to blitz, and blitz OFTEN, thus leaving their weak secondary in 1-on-1 positions, which we should be able to handle nicely.

Either way, the game is no gimme and should give us a better idea of where we are with our offense, defense, and special teams.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Colts Fans

I have to agree about the Colts' fans. We travel to Indy every year to see them play the 'phins and we always have such a great time. We drive into Indy with our car outfitted in full Dolphins' regalia and spend two days in the city dressed in Dolphins' Sunday best and never have a problem. We always trade a little smack talk with the Colts' fans before and during and usually after the game but nothing beyond just being silly. We always take our two children and I think it is a good example to them of a friendly rivalry between two team's fans. Thanks Colts fans. But I still hope we kick your butt Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom