Hill "Slap" Thread... | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hill "Slap" Thread...

I wonder if the NFL has ever suspended a player for an incident that happened between two grown men, non-domestic situation and didn't result in any injuries? For example if a player shoved a bouncer at a club. Or slapped a heckler outside a restaurant? I know they have if the contact was made against a woman, but I'venever heard of it happening between two men.

I wonder if the NFL has ever suspended a player for an incident that happened between two grown men, non-domestic situation and didn't result in any injuries? For example if a player shoved a bouncer at a club. Or slapped a heckler outside a restaurant? I know they have if the contact was made against a woman, but I'venever heard of it happening between two men.
Idk but they suspended Plaxico Burress for accidentally shooting himself in the dick.

Sounds like he settled for $100,000 or $105,000 depending on the source. But again most of that was to cover medical cost and Hill's victim wasn't injured. Now if Hill's incident had a degree of violence resulting in injury or was a domestic violence situation the league might step in and respond differently, but something like Hill's case between two men isn't likely to go far in my opinion.

Sounds like the criminal charges were reduced from a felony battery resulting in serious bodily harm to a minor misdemeanor breech of the peace charge.
I believe the settlement is for a lot more than the $100,000 for medical. It was a $10 million suit.

Police arrested Kamara after the Pro Bowl. Greene was treated for a broken orbital bone, among other things, and filed a $10 million lawsuit against Kamara. That lawsuit, his attorney said, has been settled confidentially.

So Kamara beats the crap out of someone on video for trying to get on the elevator and it's plead down to a minor misdemeanor and he settles with the victim for $100,000. Mostly for medical bills. From what we've heard about the Hill case and the alledged smack to the back of the head $15,000 or $20,000 tops, and there were no injuries or medical cost. I suspect Kamara to get a 4 game suspension due to the extent of the contact and Hill to get a fine and stern warning. Based on the severity of the two incidents Kamara should get 5 times the punishment Hill gets. If Hill were to get a 4 game suspension as some have suggested, Kamara would deserve a season long suspension. There's big difference from amild smack and puching and kicking a man that resulted facial and head fractures and puts the guy in the hospital.

I suspect the NFL to announce their Kamara ruling quckly, now that the legal process is complete.

I believe the settlement is for a lot more than the $100,000 for medical. It was a $10 million suit.

Looks like the $105,000 was court ordered to pat for medical expense. The settle value has not been released.

Friggin idiot had his gun tucked into his sweatpants at a nightclub. Any moron knows swearpants are strictly strip club attire, duh.

Reminds me of...

No LDS general authority had more experience with guns than Golden.
The youths could be made to go to a meeting featuring a church authority, but they didn't have to like it. The rowdies talked, laughed, launched paper airplanes and generally showed they weren't interested in whatever Golden had to say.
But Golden had faced far worse and knew what to do.
"Go to h###!"
The audience went instantly silent.
"Go. To. H###!"

All eyes were riveted on the tall, skinny — and exceedingly angry — man at the podium.
"That's where you're all going to go if you don't change your ways. I hear some of you have been walking around town with pistols in your hip pockets. Better be careful — might go off and blow your brains out!"

I can't think of an analogous situation that resulted in a suspension.

Back
Top Bottom