Hill "Slap" Thread... | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hill "Slap" Thread...

Wondering (IF) Hill gets suspended for this incident will he get the same length of punishment as Kamara and Adams once they get theirs?

Kamara absolutely not.

But Adams? I could see them getting the same punishment

Starting to get worried now about Tyreek situation. We cannot afford to lose Tyreek for any games this season due to this shiz.

View attachment 145245

Actually, losing Hill or Waddle for 1 or 2 games hurts a bit, but not as big a deal as it would be for another team...That's the advantage of having quality backups.

If either of the top two receivers were to have a situation where they had to miss a few days, it would bring the quality of our starting receivers down, but Miami still would have quality receivers on the field.

Hill gets suspended for a game or two, then the starters are Waddle/Anderson or Waddle/Berrios, leaving either Anderson or Berrios as the 3rd. That is still a dangerous combination of receivers no matter how you slice it.

Finally add that this year's version of our defense should not be nearly as generous with yards or points, so no matter how the comish tries to hurt the Dolphins, they will still be riding the path to a high position in playoffs and very possible February appointment to bring Lombardi to Miami.

Last edited:
Actually, losing Hill or Waddle for 1 or 2 games hurts a bit, but not as big a deal as it would be for another team...That's the advantage of having quality backups.

If either of the top two receivers were to have a situation where they had to miss a few days, it would bring the quality of our starting receivers down, but Miami still would have quality receivers on the field.

Hill gets suspended for a game or two, then the starters are Waddle/Anderson or Waddle/Berrios, leaving either Anderson or Berrios as the 3rd. That us still a dangerous combination of receivers no matter how you slice it.

Finally add that this year's version of our defense should not be nearly as generous with yards or points, so no matter how the comish tries to hurt the Dolphins, they will still be riding the path to a high position in playoffs and very possible February appointment to bring Lombardi to Miami.
True but losing Hill, depending on what stretch of schedule, could be difference in a loss.

Schedule is tough and I would expect several games will be close. He is still our number one weapon.

Well, doesn't look good for Hill
It will most likely default to a civil matter.

Everyone feels "disrespected" these days.

I grew up in the sticks and stone era.

So it really doesn't compute to me how something simple as being told to get off the boat " regardless" of words used escalates to this.

I mean after all, they appear to have been In the wrong from the beginning.

What happened to " my bad, were sorry" and keep it moving.
We don't know that women didn't say that when told to get off the boat. It's possible they said sorry and left the boat. We'll eventually find out what happened. If, for example, the two workers came up cursing and using racial slurs to Hill and a a few of the guys who weren't even on the boat I could see where that might rub Hill the wrong way. "Hey you @#$!#$ what are you doing. Get off my $#^&*@ boat. I'm tired of you !@#$%&^@%# coming around here steailing @#$$% from these boats.

Based on reports, sounds like HIll and the party had came by earlier looking to charter a boat, spoke to a manager left because the price was too high and then came back later. It's possible they left, returned with the intent to charter the boat, the woman they spoke to wasn't there so they started fishing off the dock until the woman or someone returned with the intent of chartering the boat at that point and then the two workers came up and said whatever was said that triggered Hill. If Hill wasn't on the boat and the two workers accused him of stealing from the boat and called him racial slurs while telling him to leave I could see where that might rub Hill the wrong way and he may have said something in return and then smacked the guy on the neck.

I think it will all come down to what kind of contact was made and if the NFL felt Hill smacked the guy with the intent or possibility of injuring the individual. While the incident was enough that the NFL wants to investigate the matter and could possibly suspend HIll if they feel it's warranted , that doesn't mean it will go that route. I think if the NFL feels it's a simple civil issue that Hill handled incorrectly they could just as easily not suspend him and just tell him to handle it differently in the future. This is not a case of Hill or someone in his party beating the alledged victim, knocking him to the ground or hitting him with force. Now if Hill punched the guy, leaving him injured or with a black eye, that would be one thing, but a mild smack on the back of the head or neck shouldn't result in the same type of punishment.

Plus the incident doesn't fall in the NFL domestic violence guidelines or focus. Which I personally have issues with any way. I don't see why the league should treat a threat or physical entcounter with a woman the player is in a relationship with worse than if the player did the same thing to a woman he's not in a relationship with. And for that matter, I don't think there should be different rules for exchanges between the player and woman than there are for exhanges with a man.

Last edited:
True but losing Hill, depending on what stretch of schedule, could be difference in a loss.

Schedule is tough and I would expect several games will be close. He is still our number one weapon.

Only game on our schedule that not having Hill would be devastating would be the KC game.

If anything comes of this (Still 50/50 in my opinion only because I believe Goodell seems to love handing Dolphins penalties), the suspension would start right away, so it would be Chargers and Patriots, with big maybe Broncos.

Miami can still be very effective passing wise against the Chargers, with hopefully a better defense to slow them down. Against the Patriots, Miami would need to be a bit more cautious passing, but could run over them while again our Defense should be able to keep them in check.

Not saying it's a Slam dunk Miami will not lose one or both, but you would still have to think Miami is the Favorite in both, even with them being away in both.

We will see.

We don't know that women didn't say that when told to get off the boat. It's possible they said sorry and left the boat. We'll eventually find out what happened. If, for example, the two workers came up cursing and using racial slurs to Hill and a a few of the guys who weren't even on the boat I could see where that might rub Hill the wrong way. "Hey you @#$!#$ what are you doing. Get off my $#^&*@ boat. I'm tired of you !@#$%&^@%# coming around here steailing @#$$% from these boats.

Based on reports, sounds like HIll and the party had came by earlier looking to charter a boat, spoke to a manager left because the price was too high and then came back later. It's possible they left, returned with the intent to charter the boat, the woman they spoke to wasn't there so they started fishing off the dock until the woman or someone returned with the intent of chartering the boat at that point and then the two workers came up and said whatever was said that triggered Hill. If Hill wasn't on the boat and the two workers accused him of stealing from the boat and called him racial slurs while telling him to leave I could see where that might rub Hill the wrong way and he may have said something in return and then smacked the guy on the neck.

I think it will all come down to what kind of contact was made and if the NFL felt Hill smacked the guy with the intent or possibility of injuring the individual. While the incident was enough that the NFL wants to investigate the matter and could possibly suspend HIll if they feel it's warranted , that doesn't mean it will go that route. I think if the NFL feels it's civil issue that Hill handled incorrectly they could just as easily not suspend him and just tell him to handle it differently in the future. This is not a case of Hill or someone in his party beating the alledged victim, knocking him to the ground or hitting him with force. Now if Hill punched the guy, leaving him injured or with a black eye, that would be one thing, but a mild smack on the back of the head or neck shouldn't result in the same type of punishment.

Plus the incident doesn't fall in the NFL domestic violence guidelines or focus. Which I personally have issues with any way. I don't see why the league should treat a threat or physical entcounter with a woman the player player is in a relationship with worse than if the player did the same thing to a woman he's not in a relationship with. And for that matter, I don't think there should be different rules for exchanges between the player and woman than there are for exhanges with a man.

Well, sure

But it's like I said in a previous post.

We may understand why Hill reacted the way he did, depending on what was said to him.

That doesn't make it right or free from punishment.

Words are words. Hill chose to get physical and put his hands on someone.

Hill was clearly wrong and will be punished accordingly

All that's left are the details that will have us saying " well, I get why Hill duid that, I don't blame him" or " Hills an idiot and deserves whatever punishment he gets"

Would you say it would take a plethora of police officers?

three amigos GIF
Is that bigger than a platoon? - LOL

Well, sure

But it's like I said in a previous post.

We may understand why Hill reacted the way he did, depending on what was said to him.

That doesn't make it right or free from punishment.

Words are words. Hill chose to get physical and put his hands on someone.

Hill was clearly wrong and will be punished accordingly

All that's left are the details that will have us saying " well, I get why Hill duid that, I don't blame him" or " Hills an idiot and deserves whatever punishment he gets"
I 100% agree, once the details are known the general public will be in a better position to support of chastize Hill. Also once the NFL has it's information they will view how they will and make their ruling accordingly reguardless of if the fan base agrees or disagrees with the ruling.

I 100% agree, once the details are known the general public will be in a better position to support of chastize Hill. Also once the NFL has it's information they will view how they will and make their ruling accordingly reguardless of if the fan base agrees or disagrees with the ruling.

Agreed.

But it will be interesting to see results of and punishment between Hill and Adam's.

Based on what we know, Hills punishment should NOT be worse then Adam's. They are very similar IMO.

Hill appears to have been more aggressive, however he may have been provoked.

Adam's took his frustration out on a camera man because he lost.

Neither, IMO, are egregious and if either receives more than a 1 game suspension, I would believe that to be excessive

Would you say it would take a plethora of police officers?

three amigos GIF

The Police should tell the NFL..."Badges??? You getting no stinking badges to cooperate with you!!!"

As for what the NFL wants. Yes they want a plethora of police, as in everyone, because that's how Goodell works. This way if 99% say there was noting to see there, Goodell will handout his suspension on what that 1% said.

Back
Top Bottom