Hill "Slap" Thread... | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hill "Slap" Thread...

The Police should tell the NFL..."Badges??? You getting no stinking badges to cooperate with you!!!"

As for what the NFL wants. Yes they want a plethora of police, as in everyone, because that's how Goodell works. This way if 99% say there was noting to see there, Goodell will handout his suspension on what that 1% said.

Credibility, that is the question. - LOL

Agreed.

But it will be interesting to see results of and punishment between Hill and Adam's.

Based on what we know, Hills punishment should NOT be worse then Adam's. They are very similar IMO.

Hill appears to have been more aggressive, however he may have been provoked.

Adam's took his frustration out on a camera man because he lost.

Neither, IMO, are egregious and if either receives more than a 1 game suspension, I would believe that to be excessive
I think the Hill incident could be similar to the Adams incident, the difference could be if the NFL feels there were circumstances that triggered Hill's actions. They could rule the circumstances triggered Hill's response, but Hill's actions were excessive. In Adams' case it appeared the photographer was just walking and Adams didn't like the fact he was in his way.

I think the Hill incident could be similar to the Adams incident, the difference could be if the NFL feels there were circumstances that triggered Hill's actions. They could rule the circumstances triggered Hill's response, but Hill's actions were excessive. In Adams' case it appeared the photographer was just walking and Adams didn't like the fact he was in his way.

Agreed

Is there video of this incident? From what I have all read in bits and pieces is there was some kind of altercation and Hill slapped another man. Wow, the violence, the brutality, the Ridiculousness.

A very slow off season if this is even news.

Man loses tens of thousands of dollars after slapping a man. Meanwhile in other news......Tua fully recovered from Milano hit

With the kind of money Tyreek makes, he should have sprinkled a fat stack of Benjamins on the CW right then and there and ended it right there.

Offering the CW Pennies will only get you more trouble.

For $5 dollars you can see the amazing Man Eating Chicken:

Go to Popeyes.

From the SI article:
---------
Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones was the last player suspended for assault back in 2017. Jones received a one-game suspension for an altercation at a downtown hotel, which ended with him kicking and head-butting officers.

In a letter to Jones, the NFL said it considered the “extensive video documentation of the tone, tenor and nature of your interactions with law enforcement at the site of your arrest, during transportation to the jail, and during the booking process. As you acknowledged, your post-arrest words and actions reflected poorly on you and your family, the Cincinnati Bengals football club, and the NFL.”
----------
Have to say that if the NFL is looking at precedent, a one game suspension for kicking and head butting officers received one game.....a slap to a boat captain would be what, three plays? Even if the NFL wanted to up their toughness to these kind of issues, they've need to do so through a new CBA -- because precedent has been set. Heavy suspenions have been doled out in cases of domestic abuse or sexual assault, but the precedents for straight forward assault -- even ones much heavier than Hill's -- have been light.

Now, the NFL may try to go the route of saying 'Hill is a repeat offender because of the domestic case in Kansas City' which I think is one they would lose drastically in arbitration because the NFL did not punish Hill in that case. I think the NFL's previous inaction in cases will work against them if they try to toughen up -- it certainly did in the Deshaun Watson case and while many of us felt the arbiter's decision was too lenient, the arbiter rules by looking at past precedent.

So Kamara beats the crap out of someone on video for trying to get on the elevator and it's plead down to a minor misdemeanor and he settles with the victim for $100,000. Mostly for medical bills. From what we've heard about the Hill case and the alledged smack to the back of the head $15,000 or $20,000 tops, and there were no injuries or medical cost. I suspect Kamara to get a 4 game suspension due to the extent of the contact and Hill to get a fine and stern warning. Based on the severity of the two incidents Kamara should get 5 times the punishment Hill gets. If Hill were to get a 4 game suspension as some have suggested, Kamara would deserve a season long suspension. There's big difference from amild smack and puching and kicking a man that resulted facial and head fractures and puts the guy in the hospital.

I suspect the NFL to announce their Kamara ruling quckly, now that the legal process is complete.

Last edited:
So Kamara beats the crap out of someone on video for trying to get on the elevator and it's plead down to a minor misdemeanor and he settles with the victim for $100,000. Mostly for medical bills. From what we've heard about the Hill case and the alledged smack to the back of the head $15,000 or $20,000 tops, and there were no injuries or medical cost. I suspect Kamara to get a 4 game suspension due to the extent of the contact and Hill to get a fine and stern warning. Based on the severity of the two incidents Kamara should get 5 times the punishment Hill gets. If Hill were to get a 4 game suspension as some have suggested, Kamara would deserve a season long suspension. There's big difference from amild smack and puching and kicking a man that resulted facial and head fractures and puts the guy in the hospital.
Do we know how much money Kamara paid the guy?

That is usually kept quiet but if true, considering what Kamara did 100K is pretty light.

Do we know how much money Kamara paid the guy?

That is usually kept quiet but if true, considering what Kamara did 100K is pretty light.
Sounds like he settled for $100,000 or $105,000 depending on the source. But again most of that was to cover medical cost and Hill's victim wasn't injured. Now if Hill's incident had a degree of violence resulting in injury or was a domestic violence situation the league might step in and respond differently, but something like Hill's case between two men isn't likely to go far in my opinion.

Sounds like the criminal charges were reduced from a felony battery resulting in serious bodily harm to a minor misdemeanor breech of the peace charge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom