Hire him NOW! Mark Trestman is a QB coach candidate. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hire him NOW! Mark Trestman is a QB coach candidate.

Former UM assistant coach Marc Trestman, Nebraska wide receivers coach Turner Gill, former Arizona quarterbacks coach Jeep Chryst and Chargers' quarterbacks coach Brian Schottenheimer are thought to be candidates for the Dolphins' new quarterbacks coach.

on Trestman - old but interesting...
Still only 46, Trestman has been around the NFL since 1985, and has served as offensive coordinator for three other teams (Cleveland, San Francisco and Arizona). His career has ebbed and flowed, and he has served two different stints on the league's list of "hot assistants." But as the close of the 2002 season nears, Trestman may be doing his best work yet.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/news/2002/12/24/burning_questions/

his is overqualified, but since our TE coach was a HC at the college level and our former QB coach was an OC, why not ?

He also worked at the "U" as OC.

Not to mention that he was the OC of the #1 ranked 2002 raiders offense. He knows QB's.

It would be great to sign him as a QB coach. But that position would only be for the season. He would be hired to prepare for the promotion the following season.

I really like Trestman. This would be a pretty major score for Fishland.

I say get him on board since Norv may be interviewing for the head gig in Oakland. We can always give him a promotion later.

I thought it was almost a done deal that Trestman was going to become the head coach at Cornell?

Yea I read that earlier and though, and I thought, he's available, lets sign him..good football mind..especially good with QB's.

Correct phinphanbill. Right on the money. We get Trestman into the fold and if the Raiders take Turner we move the innovative Trestman right into the O.C. slot. We could come out of this sitting pretty. I really doubt that Norv will be offered the job though.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
It would be great to sign him as a QB coach. But that position would only be for the season. He would be hired to prepare for the promotion the following season.

Since there's a chance that Norv might get the Oakland job (they've asked for permission to speak to him) he could become our new offensive coordinator. I'm not saying this is likely to happen or that I want it to happen but it is a possibility given the unlikely possibility of Turner going to Jokeland.

I agree with Mike about Trestman. It's good to hear that Mike is high on the guy because when it comes to knowledge about Coaching Dolfan Mike is our resident expert IMO. I think Turner is too boring for Al Davis. I don't see him landing the job, it's just that the Raiders got left at the alter by the Cowboys O.C. Sean Payton so they're trying to generate any type of buzz regarding the position. Hey, they could bring back Madden and spare us all his bloated horsedroppings on Monday Night Football. Monday Night really needs new blood. I used to listen to Matt Millen on ESPN radio and mute the T.V. audio feed. Meanwhile, if Trestman becomes our O.C. let the Raiders take Norv. Blame who you like but he Coached last years crappy offense. His name was on that suckathon.

He would be an excellent hire, and he would do alot for my own comfort level in this coaching staff. I like Wannstedt as a coach, but I've always seen major fault in his buddy system. He's been very reluctant to fire his friends or people he is comfortable with. This is a chance to make a major upgrade on our staff.

Dave McGinnis is still floating around out there and would be a WELCOME addition to any coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom