Hire him NOW! Mark Trestman is a QB coach candidate. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hire him NOW! Mark Trestman is a QB coach candidate.

This would be ideal, even if Turner stays. Next year, he would have a good shot at the OC position. Of course, he may not want to be a QB coach.

I don't want Marc Trestman as our offensive coordinator really. But I would welcome him as our quarterbacks coach however there would be a problem. We're looking to draft a young guy, who will probably sit on the bench for a while learning from the QB Coach. If we get a Marc Trestman who stays for just a year, looking for a job upgrade, that could be detrimental to our young QB.

Norv Turner still is, and always will be, a better OC than Marc Trestman. But if Norv leaves for Oakland, which I SERIOUSLY doubt Al Davis would do, then I would immediately seek out Jim Fassel as our new offensive coordinator.

I don't know why Norv takes such crap from people here. He had a noodle armed overachiever at QB, inconsistent play from from the WR position, and an offensive line that could neither run block nor pass protect. Heck even Ricky admitted he was not playing the way he needs to be playing, got too cute based on the success he had in 2002 breaking off big runs...thought he could do it every play especially since he lost weight. It was a bad year, but it wasn't the offensive coordinator's fault.

Did anyone realize yet that Jim Bates has been working without a contract so far? His contract expired and the team has yet to renew it, although all signs point to them renewing it but still...you think they've been lookin out there to see if there might be any DCs that they like more than Bates? Thats what it looks like to me...

Back
Top Bottom