Hof Jets C Kevin Mawae Pays Respect To His "nemesis" In Hof Speech. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hof Jets C Kevin Mawae Pays Respect To His "nemesis" In Hof Speech.

Really don’t understand why he’s not in yet. It’s genuinely baffling. Jason Taylor was a first ballot hall of famer, and had 6 pro bowls and 3 first team all pro selections.

Zach Thomas made 7 pro bowls and had 5 first team all pro selections. 1700 tackles, 20 sacks, 17 picks, 17 FF, one of the hardest hitters in the game. Stop sleeping on one of the greats. When did MLBs, arguably the heart of every defense, become a second rate position in the HOF voters eyes?

Last edited:
Most overrated Dolphin of all time ....

Wow...Zach was a tackling machine with legendary heart. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect he's compromised his body and future by consistently delivering game changing collisions with zero thought for his own well being. Yes, I'm a fan and realize he didn't have Ray Lewis' measurables, but he does deserve to be in HOF conversation and if that means I'm smoking crack...then pass the rock.

Most overrated Dolphin of all time and would be the most overrated player to get into the Hall if he ever got in.

Mawae needs to put down the crack pipe.
I agree about Thomas being overrated. He was a good player who played hard but was so physically limited and it showed every time Miami played a team that was a step up in class from mediocre. I believe that whole defense was overrated. For those of you that are too young to remember or didn't see him play, John Offerdahl was , in my opinion, a better Miami Dolphin's middle linebacker. Injuries just took their toll on him and cut his career short.

Sickening to hear what they are saying about Zach in this thread. Smartest linebacker to ever play the game. Dissected every play. Limited physically but made game changing plays all of the time.

Finheaven: Where Jerome Baker is underrated and Zach Thomas is overrated. Some of you people are a joke.

Wow...Zach was a tackling machine with legendary heart. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect he's compromised his body and future by consistently delivering game changing collisions with zero thought for his own well being. Yes, I'm a fan and realize he didn't have Ray Lewis' measurables, but he does deserve to be in HOF conversation and if that means I'm smoking crack...then pass the rock.
Game changing? I can't think of one time he made a game changing anything when Miami played in an important game. It always seemed like he showed up the least when the team needed their defense to show up the most. The same could be said for just about everyone on that defense including HOF Jason Taylor.

Most overrated Dolphin of all time and would be the most overrated player to get into the Hall if he ever got in.

Mawae needs to put down the crack pipe.
Yeah ill trust your opinion over a hof C who actually lined up against the guy. *eyeroll*

Game changing? I can't think of one time he made a game changing anything when Miami played in an important game. It always seemed like he showed up the least when the team needed their defense to show up the most. The same could be said for just about everyone on that defense including HOF Jason Taylor.

Sorry bro, im calling BS.

ZT was awesome.

If you think an overachiever doesn’t belong in the HOF, then you might be an asshole. Tom Brady overachieved. Every UDFA who balled overachieved.

Back
Top Bottom