Holiday Bowl, | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holiday Bowl,

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Is on now, will you watch maybe our first rd pick, Haloti Ngata!?!?! Wouldn't he be a terror on our line for years to come.

feelthepain said:
Is on now, will you watch maybe our first rd pick, Haloti Ngata!?!?! Wouldn't he be a terror on our line for years to come.

He and Manny would be like T Bo and Gardener - only better.

I loved Ngata's block on the fake punt.

He's 96 and so far, not really doing anything of note. Chris Chester's not doing a bad job on him. I didn't realize it but Davin Joseph I think is playing LT. He's an OG prospect, 2nd best OG prospect in the draft

I'm not totally sold on Ngata yet. I'm leaning towards Bing/Huff or possibly Landry to help the secondary. But there has been a lot of talk lately of New Englands front 7. I think all but Bruschi were 1st day picks with 4 of them 1st rounders. I would not be at all suprised if Saban goes after the best d-lineman or LB with our 1st in 06.

Ngata isnt having a stellar game but, he is playing against a decent OL. I love how they use him in the "shield" how about the guy in the backfield in the NFL. 6'5 340 lbs running a 4.85 40 would be a devestaing FB in goal line situations. His athleticism is off the charts for a guy this size, but barring some MAJOR melt down or a trade we will be in no position to draft him.

Ngata appears to be a run stuffer, not much in pass rush. He's being double teamed but he's not slicing through the double teams either, he's getting redirected. He doesn't seem to have that devastating first step.

I mean quite frankly I just got done watching the Georgia Tech - Utah game and for a pass rush from the NT position I'm taking the 6'0" 322 lbs Steven Fifita. Then again, Ngata probably holds up at the point much better than Fifita.

As a shield on those punts though, man. Like running into a brick wall. I bet he WOULD make a great FB on those goal line plays.

ckparrothead said:
Ngata appears to be a run stuffer, not much in pass rush. He's being double teamed but he's not slicing through the double teams either, he's getting redirected. He doesn't seem to have that devastating first step.

I mean quite frankly I just got done watching the Georgia Tech - Utah game and for a pass rush from the NT position I'm taking the 6'0" 322 lbs Steven Fifita. Then again, Ngata probably holds up at the point much better than Fifita.

As a shield on those punts though, man. Like running into a brick wall. I bet he WOULD make a great FB on those goal line plays.

You have got to think that if he runs a 4.85 like they say, he is as fast as some FB's in the league...... That would be like turning a corner and getting hit by a Mack truck!

ckparrothead said:

I also like Gabe Watson I am just not sure where his draft stock is right now.

At this point I'm not impressed. Either Ngata is just not very energetic today for some reason or he's not all he's cracked up to be. He's not hustling toward the ball (conditioning?) he's the slowest DL off the ball on the entire Oregon DL...he gets ZERO pass rush...yeah he ties up two blockers on run D but he does get redirected by them. I mean he's a big reason Adrian Peterson isn't running well right now, but he's not the disruptor everyone's made him out to be.

ckparrothead said:
At this point I'm not impressed. Either Ngata is just not very energetic today for some reason or he's not all he's cracked up to be. He's not hustling toward the ball (conditioning?) he's the slowest DL off the ball on the entire Oregon DL...he gets ZERO pass rush...yeah he ties up two blockers on run D but he does get redirected by them. I mean he's a big reason Adrian Peterson isn't running well right now, but he's not the disruptor everyone's made him out to be.

I also saw him get his legs rolled up on a few plays ago. That could explain a few things. He was pretty slow to get up. They also had the injury to the other staring DT.

The other DL are doing fine. It's Ngata. And he was slow off the ball before he got rolled up on. He's not done much to impress me tonight is the bottom line.

Dusty Dvoracek is a guy that looks mildly impressive. He played that option play really well.

Nicky Napoleon said:
I also like Gabe Watson I am just not sure where his draft stock is right now.

I think he may go in the 2nd rd. I was impressed by a story they ran yesterday where Watson came out with other players to help a gravely ill 8 yr old Michigan fan. Watson gave the boys dad his ring from last years bowl game. Regardless of his NFL career, the man showed a lot of class.

MonkeyDog said:
I think he may go in the 2nd rd. I was impressed by a story they ran yesterday where Watson came out with other players to help a gravely ill 8 yr old Michigan fan. Watson gave the boys dad his ring from last years bowl game. Regardless of his NFL career, the man showed a lot of class.

No doubt about that, he is the type of player that I love to see on our team.

CK I see what you are saying, he seems to just sit down and be content to eat up 2 blockers as opposed to getting up the field. That could be what his coach wants him to do, they were saying that the coach was getting on the DD linemen to keep Peterson in front of them.

Actually Devan Long has looked pretty good tonight. I notched him down before the game as a strong guy that seems like a Saban type of guy at DE. Dare I say my eye has drifted more toward Long than Ngata?

Back
Top Bottom