Holiday Bowl, | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holiday Bowl,

ckparrothead said:
Actually Devan Long has looked pretty good tonight. I notched him down before the game as a strong guy that seems like a Saban type of guy at DE. Dare I say my eye has drifted more toward Long than Ngata?

Yeah Long is all over the field, defiantely overshadowing Ngata at this point.

Nicky Napoleon said:
No doubt about that, he is the type of player that I love to see on our team.

CK I see what you are saying, he seems to just sit down and be content to eat up 2 blockers as opposed to getting up the field. That could be what his coach wants him to do, they were saying that the coach was getting on the DD linemen to keep Peterson in front of them.

Yeah but its the same thing on obvious passing downs. Like, they go 3 down linemen, its an obvious pass play...I've seen Vince Wilfork get some serious interior rush in that situation. Ngata runs into the OL and its like a brick wall. He just stays there doesn't get any penetration. He's not QUICK. Manny Wright is quick. He's got a heck of a first step. Corey Simon is like that. Haloti Ngata is not.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but its the same thing on obvious passing downs. Like, they go 3 down linemen, its an obvious pass play...I've seen Vince Wilfork get some serious interior rush in that situation. Ngata runs into the OL and its like a brick wall. He just stays there doesn't get any penetration. He's not QUICK. Manny Wright is quick. He's got a heck of a first step. Corey Simon is like that. Haloti Ngata is not.

I agree!

Maybe Ngata just needs some coaching or something who knows. May need better conditioning. I mean, Manny Wright was in terrible condition and he ran a really fast 40 anyway so you don't need to be conditioned well to run a good 40.

So far the guys impressing me are Devan Long, Demetrius Williams, and Tim Day.

Im looking forward to the FSU-PSU game I want to see Pat Watkins, at 6'4 he has incredible size the only thing is that he plays FS and we are more in need of a SS(depending on whether Shulters is brought back)

ckparrothead said:
At this point I'm not impressed. Either Ngata is just not very energetic today for some reason or he's not all he's cracked up to be.

Hmmm...I wonder who's been saying that for a while?

Great game, hopefully OU can hold on. Shut all those dumb Oregon fans and announcers up who are saying they should be in the Fiesta Bowl.

great game

buffalo may have locked up ngata with the way he's performed tonight. i doubt he'll go any higher than them

kastofsna120 said:
leaf went from a HEISMAN WINNER on one play to a complete dud on the next

The family legacy lives on...that was a great play your talking about though.

Back
Top Bottom