Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

BIC "Butts in Chairs" FACTOR

I think the pick at 12 will be Eifert, Austin or Vaccaro...maybe Werner. "Safe" pick for Jeff too.

Agree HF. I think the biggest factor for draft is 1. Playmaker, and all 3 fit that profile, 2. Position of need, again all 3 fit that, but last, and don't underestimate this one, 3. The BIC factor--Butts in Chairs. I think the front office realizes with the bond referendum and to get people back in the stadium they need another dynamic offensive playmaker for the #1 pick. If you consider the BIC factor I think Austin first, then Eifert. All bets are off if one of these others fall to us--Floyd or Star, or one of the 3 big OTs.

2a/2b Gio Bernard and best CB left on board
3a/3b BPA--DE, OT, OG, TE, CB

i think they'd be on star if he fell to them...the biggest surprise for me with that top pick would be richardson given his character...that one will flat out shock me...i'm really struggling with jax and phillys picks...star could be in play with both those teams as well...ticks me off i don't have a bead on em...this years tougher than the past

i know dion jordan won't get past arizona at #7 if the ots are gone...could easily go all the way at #2 as well...

totally agree about Jordan. I predict 3 OT in top 4 & Geno Smith to Cleveland.

i think they'd be on star if he fell to them...the biggest surprise for me with that top pick would be richardson given his character...that one will flat out shock me...i'm really struggling with jax and phillys picks...star could be in play with both those teams as well...ticks me off i don't have a bead on em...this years tougher than the past

i know dion jordan won't get past arizona at #7 if the ots are gone...could easily go all the way at #2 as well...

I think the Jaguars will take Dion Jordan, personally. I see Joeckel coming off first, followed by Jordan and then Floyd to Oakland. Philly is where it gets interesting. I think they'll be picking between DT with Star or QB with Geno. Don't buy the OT to Philly talk, athough Milliner could be an option there. Then I have Fisher to Detroit to round out the top five, leaving at minimum Lane Johnson on the board at #6 for the Dolphins to make that trade up. Thats pretty much how I see it right now. Of course, one or two trades in the top 5 and this whole thing gets blown up.

by the way i did change my mind on one of my predictions this morning...i believe san fran will use it's second 1st round pick on dt jesse williams over te zach ertz if they have a choice...should have though about that prior to posting it...

I think the Jaguars will take Dion Jordan, personally. I see Joeckel coming off first, followed by Jordan and then Floyd to Oakland. Philly is where it gets interesting. I think they'll be picking between DT with Star or QB with Geno. Don't buy the OT to Philly talk, athough Milliner could be an option there. Then I have Fisher to Detroit to round out the top five, leaving at minimum Lane Johnson on the board at #6 for the Dolphins to make that trade up. Thats pretty much how I see it right now. Of course, one or two trades and this whole thing gets blown up.

hard to argue with that...a top ot getting to #6 largely depends on what jax does at #2...if they do not go ot miami can feel comfortable one makes it to clevelands pick...

hard to argue with that...a top ot getting to #6 largely depends on what jax does at #2...if they do not go ot miami can feel comfortable one makes it to clevelands pick...

I don't see it. The Jaguars have Eugene Monroe to play left tackle. It makes zero sense to draft a right tackle that high, especially for a team that needs all the impact players it can get. I'd be very surprised if Jacksonville went with Fisher or any other tackle, even if they are BPA. They'll take a defensive player, IMO.

I don't see it. The Jaguars have Eugene Monroe to play left tackle. It makes zero sense to draft a right tackle that high, especially for a team that needs all the impact players it can get. I'd be very surprised if Jacksonville went with Fisher or any other tackle, even if they are BPA. They'll take a defensive player, IMO.

eugene monroe isn't very good...and they decided not to extend him this offseason...still like you say they have more pressing needs on defense...i just heard a lot of eric fisher buzz there before all the bs started floating...

Monroe is a free agent after this year.

here's how i have it...

1. kc- ot luke joeckel
2. jax- ot eric fisher
3. oak- dt shariff floyd
4. phil- dt star lotuleilei
5. det- ot lane johnson
6. cle- cb dee milliner
7. ariz- olb dion jordan
8. buf- qb geno smith
9. ny- olb barkevious mingo
10. ten- og jonathon cooper
11. san diego- og chance warmack
12. mia- cb xavier rhodes

i'm buying into star to philly at #4...outside shot of geno smith there but i doubt it...i don't believe dee milliner is in play there...

cleveland at #6 is where i think the first real shot of dee milliner coming off comes up barring someone trading up for him and if they do this is where i think the trade will happen pick #6...

wouldn't surprise me if lane johnson went ahead of one or both of those ots...on the upside...

the big faller is ezekial ansah who is still on the board in the teens...

the wild card in all this is tavon austin...

zona wants an ot but they can't stay at #7 and get it so they'll take the highest pass rusher on their board...given they don't run a 43 i think ansah is not in play there...a stand up olb like jordan if he gets there will not pass

I agree with a recent poster and many who have said this same thing in other posts. Don't discount the biggest factor in our first round pick being the "excitement" factor to get butts in the stadium. An Austin, Eifert type player who puts the ball in the endzone can return that buzz to the team that we haven't seen since Marino, Duper, Clayton. Just think ... Tannehill, Wallace, and Austin. That would create alot of excitement not to mention national exposure in prime time games. This is a big factor in the decisio making process and also does meet some important needs on the team to help us win again.

eugene monroe isn't very good...and they decided not to extend him this offseason...still like you say they have more pressing needs on defense...i just heard a lot of eric fisher buzz there before all the bs started floating...

Does that mean they won't get a deal on him before he becomes a free agent? I just keep coming back to what that teams most pressing needs are. They need impact players at impact positions because that roster is so devoid of talent. Also, consider who the head coach now is and where he came from. Dion Jordan makes a lot of sense to me.

here's how i have it...

1. kc- ot luke joeckel
2. jax- ot eric fisher
3. oak- dt shariff floyd
4. phil- dt star lotuleilei
5. det- ot lane johnson
6. cle- cb dee milliner
7. ariz- olb dion jordan
8. buf- qb geno smith
9. ny- olb barkevious mingo
10. ten- og jonathon cooper
11. san diego- og chance warmack
12. mia- cb xavier rhodes

It makes sense. Obviously, we have the disagreements over what Jacksonville will do, and I don't think Dion Jordan is available for Arizona at #7 (although I do agree they will be likely to go pass rusher). Cleveland, I think, will be desperate to trade out of that spot and could find a partner in Miami to come up for Dee Milliner if it plays out like you think. If Cleveland can't trade out, I've heard talk of them going pass rusher. I've heard both Jordan and Jarvis Jones as possibilities there. I'm leaning Geno to Philly at #4 but Buffalo is definitely an option if they pass on him.

Does that mean they won't get a deal on him before he becomes a free agent? I just keep coming back to what that teams most pressing needs are. They need impact players at impact positions because that roster is so devoid of talent. Also, consider who the head coach now is and where he came from. Dion Jordan makes a lot of sense to me.

It makes sense. Obviously, we have the disagreements over what Jacksonville will do, and I don't think Dion Jordan is available for Arizona at #7 (although I do agree they will be likely to go pass rusher). Cleveland, I think, will be desperate to trade out of that spot and could find a partner in Miami to come up for Dee Milliner if it plays out like you think. If Cleveland can't trade out, I've heard talk of them going pass rusher. I've heard both Jordan and Jarvis Jones as possibilities there. I'm leaning Geno to Philly at #4 but Buffalo is definitely an option if they pass on him.

unless cleveland loses sheard i doubt dion jordan is in play there...they have kruger as well they just signed...i don't think jarvis jones meets mike lombardis size and speed requirements in a olb...could they surprise and go qb??? i wouldn't rule it out...seems to me like if they can't trade out it's milliner

ansah fits the lombardi mode but it's a poor scheme fit...

Great thread. Lots of good theories. Here's a mix of my concepts, with many of these bits and pieces stated here and there above.

1. Dion Jordan is not getting out of the top 5. Jax and Philly make sense to me.
2. Cleveland will try to maneuver for Ryan Mallett. They need to get some extra day two picks to trade for Mallet. I expect them to try to trade down from 6, and trade Rubin, Shearn, and Brandon Weeden. They will wheel and deal like berserk.
3. SD could trade for Branden Albert AND draft either DJ Fluker or Chance Warmack. They need all the OL line help for Rivers they can get.
4. I doubt Miami goes for Xavier Rhodes. Strong but bad hips. I don't think Coyle will want that type of player at 12. They didn't even try to bring Sean Smith back and we're talking about a similar player who gets his hands on you early. I don't think that's what Coyle wants.
5. Sheldon Richardson could go higher than people expect.
6. Tavon Austin may be in play at 8 to Buffalo.
7. Matt Barkley is under-rated and I do not want him anywhere near the AFC East.
8. Revis will be a Buc on the 25th. Both teams want it too bad for it not to happen.
9. Mingo or Jarvis Jones to the loser Jets makes sense.
10. Jonathan Cooper to the Titans.
11. Justin Hunter for NE.
12. Zach Ertz will fall much further than people think.
13. Geno Smith will suck. So will Nassib. So will the big kid from NC State. They all suck.

Match the qb with the team:

Barkley - Zona (late 1 trade up)
Nassib - Buffalo (late 1 trade up)
the big clumsy kid from NC State - Jets
Smith - Philly or free fall (bust written all over him)

I really haven't been on the Efiert train at all but if we don't trade up I think he fits what Ireland likes in his 1st rounders. A solid contributor from Day 1. An upgrade at a position of need and safe pick. As many have stated Efiert fits everything we'd want in a player, most fans would like the pick or at least not hate the pick. He would help us score TDs which would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom