Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops scoops...reading the tea leaves day 1 draft predictions...

Change the name Rhodes to Eifert and I like it Hoops!!! :up:

actually i just may be changing it to dj hayden...why not??? if he's cleared for medical and i have a high round 1 grade on him and i think he'd fit our defense like a glove and he's as physical as any corner in the class and has elite tools...why am i projecting rhodes over him...

oh wait...it's not what i would do...it's what i think miami will do...hmmm...you know...let me think about it...

-hoops

sorry if somebody asked this I skimmed the thread and didnt notice it, what type of compensation does Miami have to give KC for #1? with the rumor of wanting Joeckel in mind... I know you think Lane Johnson is the real target who I guess could be had at #6 if the browns trade down. I assume that is a situation where Miami only gives up a 2nd rounder

actually i just may be changing it to dj hayden...why not??? if he's cleared for medical and i have a high round 1 grade on him and i think he'd fit our defense like a glove and he's as physical as any corner in the class and has elite tools...why am i projecting rhodes over him...

oh wait...it's not what i would do...it's what i think miami will do...hmmm...you know...let me think about it...

I love Hayden. He is the player I want to somehow end up a Miami Dolphin more than any other player in the whole draft.

-hoops

sorry if somebody asked this I skimmed the thread and didnt notice it, what type of compensation does Miami have to give KC for #1? with the rumor of wanting Joeckel in mind... I know you think Lane Johnson is the real target who I guess could be had at #6 if the browns trade down. I assume that is a situation where Miami only gives up a 2nd rounder

well i think lane johnson is the real target if it's not gonna be albert in trade...but ireland may have also figured he had to get in front of detroit at #5 to get one of the top tackles and that the price to get there was too high thus the albert discussions progressing...just spitballing here...

as for the price to get to #1 i imagine it's pretty steep...probably pick #12 a 2nd and a 3rd...and thats if kc REALLY REALLY wants to drop that far...i wouldn't go by the draft value chart it seems to me that since the new cba the price to trade up has dropped somewhat...but it still would be very pricy to get to #1...i don't think it's in play at all to be honest

I love Hayden. He is the player I want to somehow end up a Miami Dolphin more than any other player in the whole draft.

he's a hell of a talent and a real fit...no doubt about it...but will missing so much time with a life threatening injury spook ireland???

Hoops I think you are right about Williams now. 4 dt's in top 20 is a go. Good point.

When Barry Jackson mentioned Miami liked him I took a long look at him last night...too long but I am dork...anyways I like him a ton. He and Richardson are impact guys both vs the run and pass. I just loved Williams explosive nature.

I wonder if Williams has the highest upside off them all.

I wonder if Williams has the highest upside off them all.

I think he has the most room to grow, but I don't think his ceiling is as high as the others. Which isn't a knock on him at all. Floyd, Lotoulelei, and Richardson are just REALLY talented

whelp...

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, there is "growing belief" around the NFL that the Bills will select Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick if they can't trade down.

whelp...

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, there is "growing belief" around the NFL that the Bills will select Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick if they can't trade down.

I truly hope so...just means one more top guy drops

don't agree with:

1. joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...

2. 4 dts will come off in the top 20 picks...star sharif Floyd Richardson and Sylvester Williams...

3. wr Robert woods will be a 1st round pick...

4. bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 20...

Nice call on the tackles. I was really surprised to see the Jaguars take Joeckel. I was sure that pick would be Dion Jordan if it wasn’t traded.

Was not surprised to see Williams fall out of the top 20. But Sharrif Floyd at #23? Did not see that coming.

Was not surprised to see Woods fall out of round one. A little surprised to see only three wide receivers go in the first round though. Expected a little more.

Was not too far off on Werner, but props you got that one too. I was a little surprised to see him go to a 3-4 team, not sure about that fit.

Good job overall, hoops. You got a lot of that, especially considering you posted this over a week before the draft.

Let's see how you did...

Day one predictions as we close in to 10 days to the nfl draft...

if kc doesn't go OT it's dt star lotuleilia...N/A

the raiders are locked In on sharif Floyd...NO

joeckel fisher and lane Johnson will all come off the board in the top 5 picks...YES

if Miami stays at #12 the pick will be cornerback Xavier Rhodes...NO

Barkevious mingo will be a top 10 pick...YES

if Tampa doesn't acquire revis and keeps the #13 pick they will select Tyler eifert te...N/A

if the jets do acquire the #13 pick in a revis trade they will select mingo if he is there at # 9 they will use the #13 on OT dj fluker...NO

if tavon Austin gets to #16 the rams will take him if he's gone the pick will be safety Kenny vacarro...Kind of right...I will give you credit

qb geno smith will be a top 10 pick...NO

4 dts will come off in the top 20 picks...star sharif Floyd Richardson and Sylvester Williams...NO

san Fran will package picks to move up in rd #1 for a safety...they will use the other 1st rounder on te zach ertz...Ertz to SF still in play for you

wr Robert woods will be a 1st round pick...NO

no rb will be selected in rd #1...YES!

jarvis jones will go no earlier than pick #17 Pittsburgh...YES

damontre Moore will fall out of rd #1...Yes...easy one though.

jonathon cooper will be the first guard off the board...YES

ezekial ansah will fall out of the top 10...NO

bjoern Werner will fall out of the top 20...YES

wr Patterson will fall out of the top 20...the only wr in the top 20 will be tavon Austin...YES

someone will trade up for qb Matt Barkley in the top 25 picks...NO

Chance warmack will be a San Diego charger pick #11...NO...but close

de Cornelius carradines even off an acl will be the first flo st de to come off the board...NO

Not bad. Not bad.

Back
Top Bottom