Hot Stove news | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hot Stove news

Ray Finkle said:
2.) God forbid if Ichiro isn't happy. He signed a contract to play baseball for the Seattle Mariners. If he's not happy too bad. Seattle doesn't have to do anything to please him, he's their property. Sure it's smart for a team to keep their best player happy however Seattle is spending money, just not well obviously.

What are we in slave owner days!:rofl3: Yes, massa...no massa!

Ray Finkle said:
I personally don't know why we're even fighting about this. The Ichiro to the Yankees thing isn't big news (it never was), and I highly doubt Seattle is going to trade him anytime soon, if at all. I'm done with the Ichiro to NY thing. I gave my 2 cents.

I would want to pipe down also if I were you after those Gammons comments.

Nobody said it was a big story, just a rumor going around and reported by ESPN, and a few newspapers.

MikeO said:
Oakland could add a bat, won't help them get past the 1st round of the playoffs. They never get past the 1st round of the playoffs

We've had this arguement 1,000 times.

The A's teams of the late 90's that made the playoffs and blew 2-0 leads in the first round are totally different then the team they have now.

And saying they NEVER get past the first round of the playoffs is also false...they appeared in three consectutive World Series (1988-1990) but, that was a TOTALLY different A's team then there is now. Argueing that would be as pointless as your arguement.

When THIS A's team ****s the bed in the first round then we'll talk about it. Until then go back to figuring out how the Yankees can win a playoff series with a 200 million dollar payroll.

unifiedtheory said:
We've had this arguement 1,000 times.

The A's teams of the late 90's that made the playoffs and blew 2-0 leads in the first round are totally different then the team they have now.

And saying they NEVER get past the first round of the playoffs is also false...they appeared in three consectutive World Series (1988-1990) but, that was a TOTALLY different A's team then there is now. Argueing that would be as pointless as your arguement.

When THIS A's team ****s the bed in the first round then we'll talk about it. Until then go back to figuring out how the Yankees can win a playoff series with a 200 million dollar payroll.

why bring the Yanks into this? It has nothing to do with the A's. Take your 2nd city mentality back home.

And you wanna compare rings and history of the franchise? I think not!

MikeO said:
why bring the Yanks into this? It has nothing to do with the A's. Take your 2nd city mentality back home.

And you wanna compare rings and history of the franchise? I think not!

You brought up a point that was irrelevent and I made a comparison that was just as irrelevent.

When did I say a SINGLE thing about rings and history of the franchise?

Per rotoworld.com:

The Cubs are close to getting Juan Pierre from the Marlins in exchange for minor league prospects according to ESPN Radio.

Newsday says Mets GM Omar Minaya was among the most aggressive officials at the winter meetings and wants to make a trade or two before diving into free agency. The newspaper said Minaya would part with Mike Cameron, Kris Benson, Steve Trachsel, Aaron Heilman or Jae Seo and has interest in Boston's Manny Ramirez, Tampa Bay's Danys Baez, Aubrey Huff and Julio Lugo, Cincinnati's Adam Dunn, Florida's Carlos Delgado and Milwaukee's Lyle Overbay.

The Padres reportedly have an eye on Mike Cameron of the Mets with reliever Akinori Otsuka among the possible players who could head to New York, says the New York Daily News.

The Marlins have gotten calls from the Braves and Cubs about free agent shortstop Alex Gonzalez, says the South Florida Sun Sentinel, which adds the team believes it will be able to get rid of 3B Mike Lowell, but will have to absorb about half the $9 million he's owed for each of the next two years.

i dont ghet the yankees hatred...they dont cheat, the owner puts the money back into the team instead of in his pocket...i dont get it..ill chalk it up to jealousy i guess

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Newsday says Mets GM Omar Minaya was among the most aggressive officials at the winter meetings and wants to make a trade or two before diving into free agency. The newspaper said Minaya would part with Mike Cameron, Kris Benson, Steve Trachsel, Aaron Heilman or Jae Seo and has interest in Boston's Manny Ramirez, Tampa Bay's Danys Baez, Aubrey Huff and Julio Lugo, Cincinnati's Adam Dunn, Florida's Carlos Delgado and Milwaukee's Lyle Overbay.

The Padres reportedly have an eye on Mike Cameron of the Mets with reliever Akinori Otsuka among the possible players who could head to New York, says the New York Daily News.

The Marlins have gotten calls from the Braves and Cubs about free agent shortstop Alex Gonzalez, says the South Florida Sun Sentinel, which adds the team believes it will be able to get rid of 3B Mike Lowell, but will have to absorb about half the $9 million he's owed for each of the next two years.

Boy, Dunn would look good at first base for us next year. Cincy needs pitching in the worst way, and Seo would be a great fit for them. He keeps the ball down and has a high G/F ratio. Of course, it would take a lot more than just Seo to land Dunn.

Funny how Benson might actually be in some demand after everyone ripped the Mets for signing him to that contract last year.

Slappy8800 said:
i dont ghet the yankees hatred...they dont cheat, the owner puts the money back into the team instead of in his pocket...i dont get it..ill chalk it up to jealousy i guess

someone gets its.

phunwin said:
Boy, Dunn would look good at first base for us next year. Cincy needs pitching in the worst way, and Seo would be a great fit for them. He keeps the ball down and has a high G/F ratio. Of course, it would take a lot more than just Seo to land Dunn.

Funny how Benson might actually be in some demand after everyone ripped the Mets for signing him to that contract last year.

Yeah, the problem with Dunn is he strikes out a ton, but also hits a ton.

I'm intriged by this trade (Danys Baez, Aubrey Huff and Julio Lugo) for pitching and prospects. As long as Lasting M stays put!

The Mets are prepared to outbid the Philadelphia Phillies -- and every other team, for that matter -- in their pursuit of free-agent closer Billy Wagner. Whether they land him or not will depend on whether Wagner, who makes his home in gentile Charlottesville, Va., would rather pitch in Philadelphia, where he has comfortably spent the last two seasons, or relocate to New York. It surely won't, the Mets believe, come down to money.
-- Newark Star-Ledger

Slappy8800 said:

No, I would say its more because of the stuffy Yankee fans that always talk trash and come across like they think they are better then everyone else when they talk or type!:rolleyes:

Ray Finkle said:
Per rotoworld.com:

The Cubs are close to getting Juan Pierre from the Marlins in exchange for minor league prospects according to ESPN Radio.

Reportedly, the Marlins' Juan Pierre might be dealt this winter. Apparently, it won't be to the Yankees. At last week's GM meetings, the Marlins didn't approach the Yankees about Pierre -- and the Bombers didn't inquire about him, a source said yesterday.
-- New York Post

Back
Top Bottom