how about fiedler to the giants? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how about fiedler to the giants?

looks like he will be cut loose if no trade in the next few days,this is from wfan,,

hes definately gone if NYG cant work out a trade.......but collins is the kind of guy who needs pass protection....if he has time to throw hes real good.....but if hes terrible, he's a stiff.....so until our line shows some signs, id say fiedler would do a lot better with us than kerry would

dolphan39 said:
they cannot trade Collins w/o a huge cap hit :shakeno: and we do not have a backup for AJ so NO
That's not true. If NY cuts or trades Collins they take a minimal cap hit and they save about 7 mill in cap space (it's the last year of his contract).
Having said that, I don't think he'll come here since we can't offer him much more than the minimum.

There's no way we end up with Collins.....Fiedler is already a premeire QB in the NFL and I don't think we traded for Feely to have him play third string. Collins is going somewhere where he has a chance to start and thats not a realistic possibility in Miami.

dean_siu said:
There's no way we end up with Collins.....Fiedler is already a premeire QB in the NFL and I don't think we traded for Feely to have him play third string. Collins is going somewhere where he has a chance to start and thats not a realistic possibility in Miami.

Fiedler is already a premeire QB in the NFL. :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The Flop Fiedler is nothing more then a average backup QB.

4THand10 said:
Fiedler is already a premeire QB in the NFL. :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao:

The Flop Fiedler is nothing more then a average backup QB.
He knows he'll get a reaction when he says that. I think he's joking. I hope. Or maybe he's related to him.

I'm not joking at all...I've said all along that Fiedler is definitely one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL....he has just needed some offensive support. You could have stuck Dan Marino in his prime with this year's team and he would have looked no better than average at best.

dean_siu said:
I'm not joking at all...I've said all along that Fiedler is definitely one of the top 5 QB's in the NFL....he has just needed some offensive support. You could have stuck Dan Marino in his prime with this year's team and he would have looked no better than average at best.

WOW dean! Please give me some of that $h!t your smoking so I can live in DREAM LAND!Your right though he is top something TOP 30.

dean_siu said:

Well, he's right about one thing: we're not getting Collins. Not when a number of other teams will offer him more money than we can, and a better chance at a starting job.

RS and DW have their minds made up about QB for this year and I don't think anything (within reason) would change that....AJ is expected to be the heir apparent and JF will back him up. If, as expected, it becomes clear that JF is going to be the backup guy, he will probably be asked to reduce his salary...I don't see anyone out there that can come in and give us protection as a 2nd stringer like JF can. Collins has had a good run in NY, but he is another Griese, particularly without protection. He is good for certain style of offense that is a pure drop-back protect the QB and let him pass offense, but ours is a more of a roll him out to pass offense and Collins (and Griese) couldn't do that. The reason I think JF will still be here is that unlike Collins, he can throw the ball on the run and buy himself a little time, where Collins cannot....

Collins probably would want to go to a team that he has a legit shot at being the starter like Chicago, Arizona, 49ers (but I don't think he fits there well either, unless they move to more of Dennis Ericksson's offense), or perhaps Dallas, but that's a long shot too.

Back
Top Bottom