How are we gonna rush the passer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How are we gonna rush the passer?

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
On week 1 w Shaq Barrett, Chop, Kamara and a UDFA or two as our pass rushers?

I think we might not even try.

I think we're gonna go man on all 5 their skills and we're gonna put 3 men deep on top.

I think we're just gonna rush 3 all game.

There will be some growing pains for sure. Hopefully we will se them start to click by week 5.

Before then I think it will all come down to whether they can create turnovers or not. No Turnovers and it will be ugly. Get our offense more possessions and we can keep score with anyone.

On week 1 w Shaq Barrett, Chop, Kamara and a UDFA or two as our pass rushers?

I think we might not even try.

I think we're gonna go man on all 5 their skills and we're gonna put 3 men deep on top.

I think we're just gonna rush 3 all game.
Or the exact opposite happens and were forced to rush 5 or 6 just to get some pressure.

I think we will play almost equal percentage cover 1 and cover 3. I think we will see LB'ers and SS used for pass coverage a lot more and a slot corner back used less.

I also think we will see a totally different defense week to week depending on whom we are playing.

I suspect our CB's won't be involved in the run game and will play man/jam and zone about 50/50%. Time will tell.

In the future I look for us to try and get better coverage LB'ers and a SS that can shut down TE/ slot WR'ers yet handle run support/blitz.

Back
Top Bottom