How big a factor do you think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How big a factor do you think

Avalanche of Wins

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
the heat in miami is for the opposing team? im new to Fla. ive heard it for years thah we cant win in the snow and cold in foxboro and buffalo. so is it on the same level for us if we had home field advantage and hosted an afc championship?

It's usually not that hot around AFC championship time. Early games in the season are more effected by the heat.

claytonAndDuper said:
the heat in miami is for the opposing team? im new to Fla. ive heard it for years thah we cant win in the snow and cold in foxboro and buffalo. so is it on the same level for us if we had home field advantage and hosted an afc championship?
The Heat's beating up on all the other teams in the NBA.... ;)

I don't think it's that much of a factor at all in the AFC Championship since it's pretty cold around that time anyway.

how bad is it early in the season, say for the denver broncos wearing there dark alternate jerseys as we wear ur whites right?

by the end of the 2nd qrt. they arent worth a dime, any team coming down here in sept. or oct. is in an automatic disadvantage b\c of the heat. thats why we wear white at home early in the season:up:

claytonAndDuper said:
how bad is it early in the season, say for the denver broncos wearing there dark alternate jerseys as we wear ur whites right?

I don't even think it's that bad at all even for a snow team like them because even though they are used to being in the cold weather it's alot easier to play in warm weather.

claytonAndDuper said:

They could wear speedos and they'd still be sweating bullets. It's hot in the early season. Crazy Vietnam hot. :fire:

i cant wait to sweat it out in dolphins stadium. its gonna be great. alot of you guys go to the games?

HVACservice said:
They have to get past Detroit first.

I dont see it happening.
How can they win when the rockets are goign to beat them. the rockets are the best team in the league

PatsSuck456 said:
home field advantage is a myth pure and simple

I wish you were making the pointspreads. Especially in basketball. I wouldn't have to work anymore.

Hey, I grew up in Miami and played all the outdoor playground sports in the humidity for 15+ years. I thought I was acclimated to it for life. But after going to school in California and living in Nevada for the bulk of the past 20 years I'm system shocked while spending August and early September in Miami now. I'm drenched head to toe after a simple round of golf. The last couple of years it's been near agony while attending early season Canes games, and I'm talking under the overhang. Don't underestimate our advantage early in the year, say all of September thru the first couple weeks of October, especially 1 PM kickoffs.

Back
Top Bottom