How bout' them Hawkeyes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How bout' them Hawkeyes

Best team in Iowa is the Cyclones. They lost 4 games, three in overtime, and 1 to Baylor. All games they easily could have won. They should have gone 11-1 this year losing to texas in the championship.

Wow, theres alot of coulda and shoulda's in this thread. :lol:

When are people going to realize, EVERY team COULD have been 12-0 (well except the ones that only play 11 games). That is why they play. Miami very well could have been undefeated. UF very well could have only one loss... (imagine if they played bama without Prothero and USC early in the year) They happened to catch two teams when they were hot. Then again, by the same accord they could have played UGA with Shockley. Thus maybe two losses.

Anyway, my POINT... NEVER point out what COULD have been. IT IS NOT. MOVE ON. Both teams are in the bowl because that is where their season landed them. It should be a good game.

For all the trash... I sure hope Packers fan will be around if they lose. I have already seen Speedrush take some crow...

if every one-point loss, overtime loss, come-from-behind loss, etc, are "should've won" games, there'd be a lot of really good teams, and some good teams that suddenly don't look so good

Allright enough speedrush, enough.

You say that this Flolrida team is different from the last outback team.(Well I hope so cause we easily beat that team) Well they were a more physical team under Zook than Meyer and thats where we beat you last time. Now we have an even more explosive offensive and veteran leadership on defensive(espically know at corner). Yes we know you have a better team and more talent you did last time also and we still won by 20. Do I think we'll win by 20 again, no it well be closer but we still be more physical on both sides of the ball and be able to control the game.

K-train said:
Must be an Iowa st. fan:lol:

But what is a Packers fan from Iowa doing on Miami Dolphin fan forum?
(I know I'm a Chargers fan, but hey I'm from Miami)

looking for an NFL chat and this is the best i could find

TjHawk said:

You say that this Flolrida team is different from the last outback team.(Well I hope so cause we easily beat that team) Well they were a more physical team under Zook than Meyer and thats where we beat you last time. Now we have an even more explosive offensive and veteran leadership on defensive(espically know at corner). Yes we know you have a better team and more talent you did last time also and we still won by 20. Do I think we'll win by 20 again, no it well be closer but we still be more physical on both sides of the ball and be able to control the game.

lol Hey TjHawk, havent seen ya in a while, I missed our arguments :)

yea Iowa has a LOT of potential, I mean the loss to iowa St. hurt em alot but rivalries are like that, the weaker team can really come out and play.

Good luck to ya in the Bowl game :)

TjHawk said:

You lost me right there. Obviously you haven't seen them play this year. Top 10 defense all year and their not physical? You Iowa fans need to stop living in the past, yeah you beat us by 20, 2 years ago! With a mediocre coach, true freshman QB, weak running game, and a soft defense. We'll see what happens this year. Should be a great game.

I was wondering what took you so long to post in this thread. :tongue:

here is my outlook on the game Iowa wins 27-17 that was a guess but it will be around that score

so I think Chris Leak and Drew Tate will get some passing yards and that also Iowa will get more rushing yards plus a Field goal or two from Schlicher and win it I think it will Iowa leading close to 7 or 10 points. as for the Defense they will both be tough but I think Florida has the better Defense because the Front Seven for Iowa and a Linebacker and both Safety's are new

Packer Fan said:
here is my outlook on the game Iowa wins 27-17 that was a guess but it will be around that score

so I think Chris Leak and Drew Tate will get some passing yards and that also Iowa will get more rushing yards plus a Field goal or two from Schlicher and win it I think it will Iowa leading close to 7 or 10 points. as for the Defense they will both be tough but I think Florida has the better Defense because the Front Seven for Iowa and a Linebacker and both Safety's are new

No way you score 27 on the Gators D.

FinFan90 said:
Oh SpeedRush I was meaning to ask you, do u like Meyer as ur coach?

Absolutely. Couldn't be happier. He's done a great job adapting his system to the players he was given. The next few years should be great as he gets the players he needs for his own style, like Tim Tebow. This is already shaping up to be one of the best recruiting years in a long time for the Gators.

And most importantly we took back the Swamp.

Back
Top Bottom