"How Close Are The Dolphins To Making The Superbowl?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"How Close Are The Dolphins To Making The Superbowl?"

Yeah its about where I would put us. With a fantastic offseason, I see us as decent contenders next year.

Depends how fast you can get a top offense. If we make a Falcons like improvement we can be there next year who knows. We need better guards and a seam TE. I think that could put this offense over the top

It's a tough question, but have to feel pretty good about the coaching situation and the young talent.

Miami could actually become close to an elite offense if they could get a seam threat at tight end and improve at guard. The defense is a handful of players short and Cam Wake is not getting younger so they do need another elite or close to elite pass rusher.

One thing to remember in the salary cap NFL you can have flaws and still be a super bowl contender.

Not close at all so long as Brady and Belichick are alive and in the NFL.

I say yes and no to this. Yes as long as Brady and BB are there the AFCE will be very difficult to win but the Dolphins putting themselves in WC contention and anything is possible. They could always end up seeded where the path doesn't match them up with NE if NE loses before the AFCCG

We are half a defense, a te and two gaurds away

It is nice to go into the offseason knowing this team finally is headed in the right direction. And while i think we're going to continue to improve and go deeper into the postseason, I have to agree with the Dude. It's going to be hard getting past NE while Brady and Belichick are at the top of their game. It's just the way it is. Good news is they're not getting any younger but I honestly think Brady could go play at this level for another 3-4 yrs. He might fall off quick like Peyton did, but I'm not betting on it after the way he played this year.

I say yes and no to this. Yes as long as Brady and BB are there the AFCE will be very difficult to win but the Dolphins putting themselves in WC contention and anything is possible. They could always end up seeded where the path doesn't match them up with NE if NE loses before the AFCCG

Possible yes. I'd never bet on that happening though.

Our roster seems clunky. That's the only word that comes to mind. When we have the type of roster where we wouldn't fret about losing players like Albert, James and Branch then I would feel better about our chances to compete for a super bowl.

Not close at all so long as Brady and Belichick are alive and in the NFL.

I think with Brady and Belichick, it's much tougher, but unless they continually win by using underhanded tactics, Miami is very capable of overtaking the Pats if Miami finds at least one quality Guards (If Albert stays), two Guards (If he leaves), a quality LB, and a quality TE.

Three positions that need to be fixed, with a little luck (No more serious, out for the season injuries), and I believe Miami is fully capable of overtaking the Patriots.

"How Close Are The Dolphins To Making The Superbowl?"
Week 2: New England lead 30-3 with Jimmy Garappalo at QB.
Week 17: New England never trailed on the way to a 35-14 win at Miami.

I'd say uh........Not Too Close AT ALL.

Week 2: New England lead 30-3 with Jimmy Garappalo at QB.
Week 17: New England never trailed on the way to a 35-14 win at Miami.

I'd say uh........Not Too Close AT ALL.

Your example kinda disproved your point, IMO.

The team that DID that to Miami is favored to win the Super Bowl in a week.

This team is two linebackers, a DE, a guard, a corner, a TE, depth, health and experience away.

At their current pace...if everything holds to course? 2-3 years to challenge. I am of the opinion that they will take a small step back next year, and most everyone here will lose their minds.

Back
Top Bottom