How come nobody has made a run at Travis Minor?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How come nobody has made a run at Travis Minor??

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We have tendered him and anyone that signs him must give up a 3rd round pick to us for him, but lets think about this. I love Travis Minor, and I think he could easily be a 1000 yard rusher in the NFL. Teams like, Dallas, Cleveland, Oakland, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Arizona, New England etc should have looked at him before signing others to big $$ contracts. If I were one of those teams, I would give up a 3rd for him. It's not like he is a rookie or anything. I would love to keep Travis Minor in case Ricky goes down, but if I were another team, I would jump all over him. But that's just me.

:couch: shhhhhhh - do not tell anyone about Travis...

I do not think he is looked at as a starting RB by anyone, but only a change of pace guy. Still I w/take him over Kevin Faulk per se

Yea, I'm not sure why nobodys making a run at Minor. I hope we get to keep him though, hes looked great in a limited role as Ricky's backup, and we need that depth with all the hits Ricky's taken cuz of our OL.

Don't hold your breath, none of our RFAs will draw any interest from other teams(except Ogun). Most teams treasure their draft picks.

Originally posted by LIQUID24
Don't hold your breath, none of our RFAs will draw any interest from other teams(except Ogun). Most teams treasure their draft picks.
and if u were a GM, you would try to sign a UFA first before you look at RFA unless they are no tendered w/compensation requirements or are top top guys like OGun

Like I said, fine with me, I just thought it was odd. At least look at him or bring him in for a workout/visit.......ya know?

No one is signing Minor because no one wants to give up a third rounder for him. I like Travis, but if I was a GM in the NFL I would definitely not give up a 3rd rounder for him.

If I was looking for a RB I would....I believe hes better than any other RB that would be available in the 3rd round

This is seriously the one issue I have with Wanny. Minor is a great change of pace back and a guy who put up solid numbers in his rookie year next to Lamar Smith. I'd be trying to at least give Minor 70-90 carries a year and give Ricky a rest. That way Ricky has more power to the hole and then we throw defenses off with the speed that Minor brings. Not to mention Minor can catch well to. I remember that 29 yarder from Jay to Minor that split 2 defenders. Was a thing of beauty.

Well, just personally, I wouldn't give up a third for him - he's really pretty limited as to what he can do at RB - he's a scat back and nothing more. BUT, saying that I wouldn't give up a third for him, given what he DOES do in Miami, I'd feel like a third rounder didn't really compensate us for what he is worth to US (though it would be more than he'd be worth to another team).

Would you give up a 3rd rounder for a change of pace back when RBs like Tatum Bell, Julius Jones, Maurice Clarett, Greg Jones, Michael Turner, & Cedric Cobbs could possibly be on the board? I wouldn't.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
This is seriously the one issue I have with Wanny. Minor is a great change of pace back and a guy who put up solid numbers in his rookie year next to Lamar Smith. I'd be trying to at least give Minor 70-90 carries a year and give Ricky a rest. That way Ricky has more power to the hole and then we throw defenses off with the speed that Minor brings. Not to mention Minor can catch well to. I remember that 29 yarder from Jay to Minor that split 2 defenders. Was a thing of beauty.

Our new OC already said he planned on getting Minor more involved, more carries and more rest for Ricky.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan

Our new OC already said he planned on getting Minor more involved, more carries and more rest for Ricky.

Where did he say that? I'd honestly hope that it's one of those areas he felt got ignored. We got power in Ricky and speed in Minor. The times he's been given the ball he's done well and it's not like we've had the line that can make holes.

Minor was getting more involved the last half of the year, he had 33 carries. He was waaay under used the first half of the year with only 8 carries. He does deserve about 3-5 carries a game. He's capable of breaking the long one.

Back
Top Bottom