How come nobody has made a run at Travis Minor?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How come nobody has made a run at Travis Minor??

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Where did he say that? I'd honestly hope that it's one of those areas he felt got ignored. We got power in Ricky and speed in Minor. The times he's been given the ball he's done well and it's not like we've had the line that can make holes.

Like the day after he took the job. He was talking about what improvements on offense he saw and that's when he mentioned Minor, riding Ricky too hard, and what I liked which was their game planning- playing against the weaknesses they find in opposing defenses.

Minor hasn't done enough at the NFL level to justify giving up a #3 pick. But it's more that he hasn't had the chance than he can't do it. Personally, I think it's great that no one is bidding for him -- means we keep a pretty good backup for about $600,000.

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
Minor hasn't done enough at the NFL level to justify giving up a #3 pick. But it's more that he hasn't had the chance than he can't do it. Personally, I think it's great that no one is bidding for him -- means we keep a pretty good backup for about $600,000.

What's more important to a team, giving up pick(s) for playters already in the league, or spending loads of cash signing players that are mid-late parts of there career. I would rather get a younger player like Minor for a 3rd round pick, than pay out cash for a player that is only going to last 2 or 3 years at a high level, ala Duce Staley or Charlie Garner, EVEN EMMITT SMITH. It's a waste of money, and it's not like Staley or Garner will take their respecttive NEW teams OVER the top. I would take a chance on Minor (who was a 3rd round pick to begin with) pay him a low salary and give him a chance.

Originally posted by chambers84

What's more important to a team, giving up pick(s) for playters already in the league, or spending loads of cash signing players that are mid-late parts of there career. I would rather get a younger player like Minor for a 3rd round pick, than pay out cash for a player that is only going to last 2 or 3 years at a high level, ala Duce Staley or Charlie Garner, EVEN EMMITT SMITH. It's a waste of money, and it's not like Staley or Garner will take their respecttive NEW teams OVER the top. I would take a chance on Minor (who was a 3rd round pick to begin with) pay him a low salary and give him a chance.

The difference is that teams know what Garner and Staley can do. Both are proven and can still be productive. Minor isn't proven, and unlike Garner and Staley a team has to give up something to sign him. A third rounder is a first day pick and is pretty valuble, and no team is going to give up a third rounder for a guy like Minor. I think Minor is a good player, but he definitely isn't worth a third rounder.

Back
Top Bottom