How could they be THIS wrong on Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could they be THIS wrong on Defense

Burt Macklin

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think our coach gave Ross the bait and switch....all I heard offseason and preseason was that they are generating pressure with unique sets, some with 8 DBs on the field, lots of pressure etc.

How can they possibly look that bad at all three levels on Defense.

DL- no pass rush....only stopped the run in the 4th when Gus ****ing Edwards was in at RB.

LB- couldn't shed blocks, could stop runs, no pressure on QB, but worst of all, they could not cover tight ends....you could've put Michael Egnew in at TE and he'd have 100+ yds and 2 TDs on us. I mean every single pass was to a wide open TE

DB- everyone but Xavien Howard doesn't deserve to get paid this week after this. Fitzpatrick, Rowe, Wiltz, Jones, McCain all got beat like runaway slaves by a rookie WR and three blocking TEnds.

Hell, we couldn't even stop RG3 at the end of the game. I honestly see potential in the offense by mid-season, but wow Ive never seen an ass-whooping in the NFL like that before.

With 3 #1 picks on the starting defense there's no way we should have been embarrassed like that. These coaches got exposed all day and our players too. This was as bad as it gets. I understand not winning much to get your franchise QB but lose with some respect. Challenge, compete, show up, I don't give a crap! You're wearing the uniform worn by the '72 Fins, don't ever allow yourself to be decimated like that again. I didn't sign up for this. We don't have to hit an all time low, do we?

1st game of the season, and Baltimore’s offense was completely rebuilt from the ground up this offseason to suit Jackson, so there isn’t any game tape to properly game plan and scheme. With that said no excuse for making Jackson look like Brady passing the ball.

What’s really concerning is if Flores is really telling the truth and they tried 100% and still got smashed. Yikes

I want to give Flores the benefit of the doubt defensively but when he is playing our best defender horribly out of of position, it is difficult to do so.

We all see it. Hell the players mother has fn posted it. But Flores is either hard headed or blind, and neither is a good thing.

Flores and Grier are awful. Promote McKenzie and Allen to front office leads. Fire Grier and Flores you can’t fire or no coaches will ever want to come here.

I want to give Flores the benefit of the doubt defensively but when he is playing our best defender horribly out of of position, it is difficult to do so.

We all see it. Hell the players mother has fn posted it. But Flores is either hard headed or blind, and neither is a good thing.

LOL at Minkah being our best defender (at least that's what it appears you're claiming). Minkah is one nice pass, one TD saving tackle, one pick six, and a whole lotta draft position.

LOL at Minkah being our best defender (at least that's what it appears you're claiming). Minkah is one nice pass, one TD saving tackle, one pick six, and a whole lotta draft position.

We are on the same page that he played like garbage today.

He is easily our most talented defender though. Just being played horribly out of position.

Did anyone think the Ravens game plan was for Jackson to throw over the top of Miami's D?

And if you did were you really expecting Jackson to be so damn accurate?

We are on the same page that he played like garbage today.

He is easily our most talented defender though. Just being played horribly out of position.

I don't agree on the talent. He's been horribly overrated here since he was such a high draft pick and he showed he was a smart football player from the get go, his ability to generate turnovers is pretty much replacement level and I can't rate a guy like that over guys like Xavien or Reshad, nor can I say he was worth his draft position until he shows more game changing potential. Other than that, you can find plenty of solid safeties in the middle rounds.

Minkah is a bust. It literally pains me to write this. He has looked bad for over a year and we are hanging onto a couple flash plays

Back
Top Bottom