How did Bellicheck go from bad coach to genius? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did Bellicheck go from bad coach to genius?

Matt Light has only allowed one sack on a season!???! He gave up more then that in the last game, much less the season. Dont give me that crap.

Originally posted by Section126
Actually Wanny has a ring BTW.

Bellichick was fired in cleveland because of bad personnel decisions.

Most of his players today are Parcells guys.

Let him continue to draft and see where the Pats franchise end up.

My guess is the toilet.

Parcells guys are mostly all retired, and as far as the draft goes, Bill and Personel director Pioli have brought in the best draft class ever for the Pats, and have a stock pile of high drafts for next yr. Rumors are flying that Woody OG/C will be on the market next season and Bill will only deal him for a couple of #1's in the '04 draft. He is a master drafter, this yr we got Ty Warren, Bethel Johnson, Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, Dan Koppen, Dan Klecko, and a couple others I can't rattle off the top of my head. You really should get to know a guy before you slam him!
As for the subject of this thread, Bill brought a hapless Browns organization to the playoffs and an 11-5 record, defeating Bill Parcells and the Pats in 94 before Modell decided to uproute the team and move to Balt, leaving Belichick behind. He was never a bad coach!

Originally posted by Crennelichick

As for the subject of this thread, Bill brought a hapless Browns organization to the playoffs and an 11-5 record, defeating Bill Parcells and the Pats in 94 before Modell decided to uproute the team and move to Balt, leaving Belichick behind. He was never a bad coach!

Gotta disagree with my colleague here a little bit.

Bellichick was no where near the coach in Cleveland as he is in New England.

In Cleveland, he tried to micro-manage everything (offense, defense and special teams) when all he was ever successful at was DC.

He also had a problem with poor personnel decisions, alienation of the media and no trust whatsoever in his coaching staff.

To his credit, he learned from his mistakes and is now one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL.

So what part of my post do you disagree with?? He was young and didn't know how to handle people, hell he's just now learning how to smile in an interview. How does that affect him as a coach??

Originally posted by Crennelichick
So what part of my post do you disagree with?? He was young and didn't know how to handle people, hell he's just now learning how to smile in an interview. How does that affect him as a coach??

You missed my point entirely.

Look how BB runs the organization now.

He has complete trust in Pioli, Weis and Crennel.

In Cleveland he tried to do everything himself.

And you are correct, he was younger and did not really know how to handle people (players, asst coaches, personnel directors, owner, etc.)

My point is he learned from his mistakes in Cleveland and has now established himself as one of the top 3 coached in the NFL.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Didnt he suck in Cleveland? And now he is the new Media goldenboy!

What happened? (Other than the Superbowl.)

In 2001 he was a loss away from being fired.

People can think he is the reason they are winning, that's cool. IMO Pro coaches get too much blame and too mcuh credit.

It's better to be lucky than it is to be good.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PatsFanTX

You missed my point entirely.

Look how BB runs the organization now.

He has complete trust in Pioli, Weis and Crennel.

In Cleveland he tried to do everything himself.

And you are correct, he was younger and did not really know how to handle people (players, asst coaches, personnel directors, owner, etc.)

My point is he learned from his mistakes in Cleveland and has now established himself as one of the top 3 coached in the NFL.

Agreed!

Re: Re: How did Bellicheck go from bad coach to genius?

Originally posted by ohall

In 2001 he was a loss away from being fired.

Obviously suffering from a case of real Head Coach envy!
Where do you people get this stuff!??:lol:

Back
Top Bottom