How did Bellicheck go from bad coach to genius? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How did Bellicheck go from bad coach to genius?

Originally posted by Driven
It is nice to see Miami fans say that Belichick is a great coach.....very classy guys.

We are nice and classy yet we still want ricky & co to have a field day and make DW (our coach ) look brilliant!

Originally posted by Driven
It is nice to see Miami fans say that Belichick is a great coach.....very classy guys.

They've always said that here. They may not like him, but they respect him.

BB has come so far as a head coach an personnel guy it's awesome. The age of parity allows him to thrive.

Also, with the draft picks we've stockpiled, we should be a contender for a while. It's a welcome change for this organization that f'ed up for so many years.

This is one of our best drafts.

Brady = Pro-Bowler
Seymour is a Super-Stud
Matt Light has only allowed 1 sack on the season
Deion Branch is a future 1000 yard reciever
Ty Warren is gonna be very good
Wilson is up for ROY
Bethal Johnson is the fastest player in the NFL
Klecko is a leader
Samuel is a top nickel CB
Koppen starts

But the real successes have been in Free Agents

Phifer
Vrabel
Poole
Harrison
Washington
Colvin(someday)
Cox
Hamilton
Pleasent

All have made a huge impact. And his record here, the talent level he has had to deal with, and gameplanning speaks for him.

Brady = Pro-Bowler I AGREE
Seymour is a Super-Stud YEP
Matt Light has only allowed 1 sack on the season AND 14 to JT
Deion Branch is a future 1000 yard reciever I BET HE WON'T
Ty Warren is gonna be very good SAYS WHO
Wilson is up for ROY THE GUY IS NOT THAT GOOD!!!!!
Bethal Johnson is the fastest player in the NFL SAYS WHO
Klecko is a leader GOOD PLAYER
Samuel is a top nickel CB SAYS WHO
Koppen starts WHO THE HELL IS KOPPEN? NICE RUNNING HOLES!

Phifer- Can't run anymore.
Vrabel- Slow as hell
Poole- played very well.
Harrison- also played well.
Washington- he is a BIG run stuffer.
Colvin(someday)- we will see.
Cox-??????????
Hamilton- OK player.
Pleasent- decent player, nothing to write home about.

The players suck, they just play very well as a team within their scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Section126

The players suck, they just play very well as a team within their scheme.

You mean like a very good football team?

I dont post here often because I am a Pats fan, however, when I saw this I could only laugh at this ill-informed fan.

Section 106 said:

This is belichicks draft last year...lets see if it was that good.

1 013. DT Ty Warren Texas A&M ???????
2 036. CB Eugene Wilson Illinois (can't make any plays)
2 045. WR Bethel Johnson Texas A&M (good player)
4 117. DT Dan Klecko Temple (good Player)
4 120. DB Asante Samuel UCF (the guy sucks)
5 164. C Dan Koppen Boston College ??????????
6 201. QB Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech ???????????
7 234. TE Spencer Nead BYU ?????????????
7 239. DE Tully Banta-Cain California ?????????????
7 243. DT Ethan Kelly Baylor ???????????????

so you hit on two guys, and one of them (bethel Johnson) has shown nothing as a reciever, but hey, he's a okay returner.

You really haven't a clue do you. :confused: Eugene Wilson has been amazing this season, converted from a corner to a safety in his first year and other than the Colt game has had a great season. Most rookies would take a while to step in to play a position they have been playing their whole life, Wilson has stepped in to start at a position he has never played before. He's gotten three ints, 51 tackles, and 8 passes defensed. Now I know that's not great numbers, but for someone who's a rookie and starting at a position he's never played before, I consider it pretty damn good.

Then you went on to say Asante Samue sucks. While he doesnt normally start (and how many rookies do?) he has played well at the nickleback and never really gotten burned for long plays. How does he suck? How many Pats games have you watched where he stood out as a problem for the Pats? To say he simply sucks shows your football intelligence.

And all Dan Koppen has done has started nearly every game as a rookie center. No big accomplishment there. Jeez.

To make judgements on this year's draft is stupid in the first place, you need three years at least to make a viable assesment.
But to say the things you said, are beyond me, I know you love the dolphins and hate the pats, but dont let your homerism blind you from the truth.

As far as BB is concerned, I am happy to know most of you Phin fans respect BB as a coach and believe he is a great coach. I think the reason he is doing better here is because he matured as a coach, Cleveland he made some mistakes he probably wouldnt have ever thought about doing now.

Good luck on Sunday, should be a classic.

so you hit on two guys, and one of them (bethel Johnson) has shown nothing as a reciever, but hey, he's a okay returner.

You're an idiot.

To be fair.. I didnt watch football when he coached Cleveland.. I just got the impression that he sucked there from the media.. What was his record there?

You're an idiot.

This is a VERY easy question to answer, I'm surprised no one has replied. It's called WINNING, that alone makes a bad coach instantly a good coach and if you win a SB as a HC then you become a genius.

Back
Top Bottom