How Did Gesicki Do Blocking? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Did Gesicki Do Blocking?

jjjjphin

Rookie
Reaction score
I had to miss the first half. Also I was too nervous to be observant. So does anyone have any input on how Gesicki did blocking?

If you don't hear his name, except for a reception that means he is doing just fine. Another good measure how dirty is Tannehill's uniform or sack count.

I know he got beat on one play and got called for a hold.

He's OK matched against a DB. LB walks him back on skates. Plays too high with narrow base. No leverage.

He's still adjusting from volleyball blocking

I like this kid. I think he will work hard to become a servicable blocker. I hope Gesicki can get on the field more and become the tight end that we need.

I think Gase is bringing him along slowly. He had 3 catches ast game and maybe something in store for the Pats...who knows.Let's give them some of there own medicine for once. Oh, and smash the hell out of Brady with no bs soft hits.

He sucks at blocking almost blew that Wilson end around throw to grant but Tannehill bailed him out and chipped the d end so Wilson could get it off. Overall it’s whatever he wasn’t brought in to block, drafted to be a mismatch as a receiver plus he’s a rookie. He’ll come around and think he’s becoming more comfortable as a receiver as well.

our run blocking was pretty horrible all game long but pass protection was much better

great hands and athletic ability.. he should get better and better.. hoping gase calls his number more and more

The other rookie 81 actually was throwing some nice blocks out there in the 4th quarter. Give 86 two years to build a nfl frame and the blocking will be totally different. I love Gase still having him do it now though have to get the technique down

Put it this way, next time Miami runs a "trick" play Gesicki will more than likely be on the receiving end of it or not on the field. We can't afford to squander a chance to put 7 on the board with the perfect play call only to see him miss a block. If Ryan Tannehill doesn't make the block on Wilson's end around pass to Grant, that play gets blown up in the backfield after Gesicki's whiff on a DL.

I love the kid's potential and he's getting better but he has a ways to go. The whole team does.

No celebrating after the 24 hours post game window has passed, which it just did. Back to work fellas.

Back
Top Bottom