How Did Gesicki Do Blocking? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Did Gesicki Do Blocking?

He's OK matched against a DB. LB walks him back on skates. Plays too high with narrow base. No leverage.

He's still adjusting from volleyball blocking

^^^Ignore this post.

You can tell the kid is growing and starting to get more comfortable out there.

He's starting to increase his reception numbers and is still growing as a blocker.

I like the way he catches the ball.

^^^Ignore this post.

You can tell the kid is growing and starting to get more comfortable out there.

He's starting to increase his reception numbers and is still growing as a blocker.

I like the way he catches the ball.

Wow. My feedback was ONLY on blocking and I played OG into HS (yea, many years ago but still...) kinda know what a decent blocker is supposed to look like. One of the keys is the actual work "block."

Check it out. You might actually get some insight.

:)

Beyond that -- not questioning the kid as a receiver -- I think we assume that's WHY he was drafted R2.

But as a blocker... I don't see it. And there's plenty of video evidence to show it...

He's improving...it is going to take time, but you can coach blocking. He is an incredibly strong guy so once he gets the technique down, begins to understand leverage he will be adequate. I don't think of that as a negative, but I do feel Gase is making him earn his targets with blocking.

Wow. My feedback was ONLY on blocking and I played OG into HS (yea, many years ago but still...) kinda know what a decent blocker is supposed to look like. One of the keys is the actual work "block."

Beyond that -- not questioning the kid as a receiver -- I think we assume that's WHY he was drafted R2.

But as a blocker... I don't see it. And there's plenty of video evidence to show it...

Who cares? Most of the people on this forum played in high school, I would expect a good numbered played o-line as well. We have several that are currently coaches as well. There are plenty who have knowledge on the forum, but most don't need to tout their background for people to believe, it just shows.

Who cares? Most of the people on this forum played in high school, I would expect a good numbered played o-line as well. We have several that are currently coaches as well. There are plenty who have knowledge on the forum, but most don't need to tout their background for people to believe, it just shows.

So... Doesn't change my opinion about what a block should look like good buddy.

was it at polk high

He was finally part of the receiving game plan and looked really good.

He was finally part of the receiving game because I think the coaching staff is happy with his blocking, though not great or even maybe good. It's solid enough where you can keep him out there.

I personally think they will be using him a lot against the Pats, considering Bill is going to come up with a plan to slow down our ridiculously fast receivers.

Could you post some examples from the last game where he looked poor as a blocker?

Watch the game.

Watch the highlights.

You'll find the evidence.

Beyond that -- no interest in playing JV games.

My opinion. Of course.

So looking at the highlights (I hope to find a full game in the next couple of days) I saw Gesicki had key blocks to help spring Grant and Wilson

1537831792171894.gif

1537832034135971.gif

Although I will never say these are pretty blocks, issues with technique, head placement, hand placement...the first step in being an effective blocker is a willingness and he shows that much at this early stage in his career. HE can be coached up...another 5 or so lbs to that frame and I think you will have a OK blocker to go along with a potentially dynamic receiver.

Wow... No you're just running your mouth dude.

Seriously. Go play in the kiddies poll.

Have fun!

LOL whatever man you say Uncle Rico. I’m not the one making stupid claims and then stating I played high school football instead of providing examples.

Back
Top Bottom