How do you define a successful 2003 season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you define a successful 2003 season?

What is a successful 2003 season?

• Making the playoffs, period...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC East Champs

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • AFC East Champs, 1st round BYE

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • AFC East Champs, road for the AFC Championship

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • AFC East Champs, home for the AFC Championship

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • AFC Championship

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Super Bowl win

Votes: 21 34.4%

• Total voters

T-ROCK

Antagonist...
Reaction score
Maybe I need to stress what I mean...

By success, I mean what is the point the team MUST reach to NOT be a success... Of course, we all think a Super Bowl win is a success, but it there a point short of that which you would consider successful, even if not as successful as you'd like...

In my mind, anything short of the AFC championship is a failure...

We have added FAs every year and we are told how "close" we are... seems to me, if we were getting as close as Dungystedt says we are, the Super Bowl would be behind us...

What do you think defines a successful 2003 season???

Last edited by a moderator:
1) afc champs
2) no late season collapse
3) no qb controversy that hurts the team
4) dont get swept by anyone in the division
5)not as many injuries as last year
6) same amount of pro bowlers

you may call these high but the talent is there we hsould be aiming for the sky...a super bowl is by no means out of the question but i dont believe in championship or bust unless u are the yankees

The super bowl because thats what its all about that if we dont get it who cares teams play and compete for a super bowl if we dont get it were just as good as the bengles in a way

I think the season can de successful without winning the Super Bowl, but that's not what I want... Winng the AFC Championship would be successful, just making the playoffs or hosting playoff games isn't enough... We've been sold on this team being close, and if we are to believe that, we should be the best team in the AFC... Yeah, I want a Super Bowl win, and I'll be let down if we get there and don't win...

AFC champs...home for the championship game.

Making it to the Super Bowl would make the season a success.

Looking at our schedule, there's every reason to expect a 13 and 3 season. 12 and 4 at least. That should get us a first round bye, and probably home for the entire playoffs.:cool:

an AFC championship berth, to me, is a successful season. in fact, a team could possibly be judged more successful to lose on the road in the conference championship rather than to lose at home. take philly and tennessee, eagle fans are still pi$$ed while tennessee fans were happy to get to the championship game.

You know, I'm young (15) and so I've never really seen this team do well in the playoffs. All I really really am hoping for is that we make the AFC Championship game. I would love to attend, but I've never felt that one game away feeling and I just want to see us play in that Championship game. That's my main goal of the season, anything extra is a great added bonus!

Originally posted by wizardsdad
Looking at our schedule, there's every reason to expect a 13 and 3 season. 12 and 4 at least. That should get us a first round bye, and probably home for the entire playoffs.:cool:

Well that depends on if they add the extra playoff team this year, if they do only one team gets a bye.

I'd be happy with either of the top 2 seeds...

as a starting point, but wouldn't like a road game on the left coast for the championship.:lol:

Winning the AFC Championship, but honestly I will only be satisfied if we win the game after winning the AFC Championship...

Back
Top Bottom