How do you define a successful 2003 season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you define a successful 2003 season?

What is a successful 2003 season?

• Making the playoffs, period...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC East Champs

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • AFC East Champs, 1st round BYE

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • AFC East Champs, road for the AFC Championship

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • AFC East Champs, home for the AFC Championship

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • AFC Championship

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Super Bowl win

Votes: 21 34.4%

• Total voters
I think we have to make it to the AFC championship (which we haven't come close to since ... was it '92 against the Bills? I think that was the year - we lost at home). If we make it there and DON'T get blown out, but lose a well played game, I would say it will be a successful season as you define it. It would be disappointing but we would prove we can compete with anyone. Any one NFL game can turn the wrong way on just a few plays, so there's no guarantee the best team in the league in a given year will win it all (Just see New England's SB victory - they were NOT the best team in football that year - all the breaks fell their way, including a horrific call against the Raiders). So, I would not ridicule the team if they lost a close game in the AFC championship - but I do believe they need to win the division as well and have a record comparable to the top teams in the league.

Short of that ... I think Dave's job will be on the line. If we don't get a bye and win a game but get blown out in the next, I think he'll be gone.

SUPERBOWL

It's the only reason to play the game! If the Fins were a lesser team I would consider lesser goals.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Well that depends on if they add the extra playoff team this year, if they do only one team gets a bye.

I think that was decided yesterday--no change in the playoffs for this year at least.:D

Depends on the site of the AFC Championship game.

Successfull would be two-fold:

a) the AFC Championship game is a must
*if on the road I would take a loss (even if it is painful) to to diminish the fact that we had a successful season
*if at home the game has to be won.

b) if we reach the superbowl I want to be competive

Originally posted by Hellion
SUPERBOWL

It's the only reason to play the game! If the Fins were a lesser team I would consider lesser goals.

I agree, its the only game you play for but what makes us so much more deserving than 75% of the teams in the league?

The 30 year superbowl champion drought?
The 20 year superbowl participation drought?

:lol:

well, I'd start by being told that my new house is ready, then going to the ozzfest agu-28 to see Ozzy and then my dolphins would win the superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom