How does our head coach not know about basically our whole oline having turmoil? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does our head coach not know about basically our whole oline having turmoil?

I still haven't been told how Philbin was supposed to have had knowledge of this without seeing it or being told about it. Please Fin, you're the man here. Help me understand this.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

How does a coach become aware? Does he have each player write a summary of their day all year?

Brother Texs in VIP as a manager you can't be so removed from your employees that you don't know that this is going on in your own house. Brother Nubs brought up his that his own coach let him down and didn't tell him what was going on as this is the second time one his coaches let him down. First time was Sherman and his awful offensive play calling. Joe calls for player accountability where is the coach accountability?

Your right, some have other peoples lives in our hands on a daily basis, not just playing a game where your qb., might get sacked. There is no comparison.

People in this organization have had their heads up their A$$es for far to long now, and it is unacceptable. It starts at the top !!!

When you think about it up in Patriot land the coach had a double murderer in the team and didn't have a clue, so Philbin gets a pass

The report states Martin never told the coaches what was happening...................thats how.

I wouldn't expect Philbin to have access to their cell phones and text messages, I wouldn't think Philbin was invited to the wilder parties at Pouncey's or the strip clubs.....so I can easily see how it happens.

Brother Texs in VIP as a manager you can't be so removed from your employees that you don't know that this is going on in your own house. Brother Nubs brought up his that his own coach let him down and didn't tell him what was going on as this is the second time one his coaches let him down. First time was Sherman and his awful offensive play calling. Joe calls for player accountability where is the coach accountability?

Or you can have an emotionally immature, O-lineman who was playing like *!*&^%$# and was so "overwhelmed" by his teammates efforts to get his fat lazy ass to play better, take the Oprah out. Take your pick.

That's what I don't get, why do people think he should have known. It's not 5 people on an NFL team, its 53 players, plus dozens of coaches and lord knows what else. He isn't going to know personal details, he relies on his coordinators for that and if one of them is hiding things from him to save his own ass and players don't talk to him about it, what is he supposed to do? Scan their minds with his portable mind reader? The lunacy and expectations of all this is so mind boggling.

He practically lives with those people for 8 months out of the year. You must have a pulse of your team or you are just alienating yourself from them and not building a trust. Philbin is a former O line coach and that was the unit playing the worst on the team, how do you not dig into it? It really wouldn't have taken much digging to figure something out.

Back
Top Bottom