How does Ronnie Brown stack up in the 2006 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does Ronnie Brown stack up in the 2006 Draft

dolphinzen

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think he would be the second running back to Bush (mostly because of the Bush hype). Ronnie in my opinion will be a better pro than Bush because of his size speed combo, not to mention that Ronnie's a Fin.

I also think that it's hard to pass up a blue chip QB or LT.

I think in light of this Ronnie would be drafted 5th in this years draft.

1. BUSH
2. Leinhart
3. V. Young
4. D'Brick
5. Ronnie B.

Where do you think the other top picks from last year would fare in this years draft?

I think Alex Smith would have fallen like a stone to the middle of the First Round in this years class-behind Cutler

Al13 said:
i dunno why to think about that, he got picked in 2005
yeah I agree with that. Who gives a sh*t where he would have been drafted this year. He got drafted last year.

Thats like asking now that we know how great Marino was, how come he went so late in the first round....

IF we picked #2 he wouldn't be a dolphin, we would have our qb for the future..............

He and smith could possibly fall out of the top 10 in this year's draft. I doubt he would go before 5.

Look, I love Ronnie. Ricky and Ronnie are my favorite Fins. But we did pick him at (2) and we pay him like a (2). If he normally in another draft such as 2006 go at a much lower slot from a "Saban value point of view" we're not getting value.

dolphinzen said:
Look, I love Ronnie. Ricky and Ronnie are my favorite Fins. But we did pick him at (2) and we pay him like a (2). If he normally in another draft such as 2006 go at a much lower slot from a "Saban value point of view" we're not getting value.

Have to agree. He was definitely the best choice for us last year, but that was a pretty weak draft by most accounts. We tried to trade down and couldn't.

And of course everyone knows the 2005 draft was a weak year. Everyone just needs to learn to live with it. It happens.

I think he'd still be in the latter part of the top 10 in this draft. It's hard to predict where he'd be taken based on team needs, but I think it's fair to say he'd be the clear #2 RB behind Reggie Bush this year.

i think he would be the 4th running back picked in the draft behind 1- bush 2- cadillac 3- d.williams

reggie bush has never carried a football more then 20 times in a game, in the nfl thats almost a standard. I dont see reggie being a great back. i dont see him taking the punishment most of these nfl players take, reggie will be riding nagging injuries and will be thrown from his high horse if he doesn't make the big plays in the nfl, which is hard to do. because it is the best of the best, and reggie ran over the west coast for 3 years, and now he has to run over nfl defenses? no way. Ronnie is the poster child for a running back you want, remember when marshall faulk was the man. thats the style of back ronnie can be

Back
Top Bottom