How exactly are we going to trade up for Jay Cutler? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How exactly are we going to trade up for Jay Cutler?

saban doesnt like to and said he doesnt want to ever trade draft picks. We have too many holes still folks. We will more likely trade down then up.

Ronski_doodle said:
The #16 pick is valued @1000 ponits, lets say we need to move to the tenth pick which is valued @ 1350 we could trade our #16 pick plus our #48 pick which is valued @420 that is a total of 1420 points and should be enough. So all it would cost is surrendering our 2nd round pick and swapping our first.

If Cutler is the man and he is there @10 I say it is worth a second round pick to get a QB that can give us ten years of stability at the position.

Thats a big assumption. 10 yrs of stability....or a flop. Hes not worth trading up for. We could get a lot of stability from that second round pick. Plus imagine what we would pay this guy to sit on the bench year 1 in hopes he works out. Croyle in the second!
:shakeno:

Rubbin420 said:
Thats a big assumption. 10 yrs of stability....or a flop. Hes not worth trading up for. We could get a lot of stability from that second round pick. Plus imagine what we would pay this guy to sit on the bench year 1 in hopes he works out. Croyle in the second!
:shakeno:
not taking risks gets you nowhere.

Are you people serious? I mean come on now think about it. Is Jay Cutler really worth a 1st and a 2nd? No way!!! we could get another starter cheap for the next four years out of the second round. Besides Nick Saban is alot more likely to trade down then up. When the guy says hey I wanna get younger on Defense and get my kind of players in here I don't really think that he wants to give up draft picks for a big risk in this draft. Yes Cutler is a Big risk and No one get really say that they would rather have Cutler than (Huff,Williams,Justice,Greenway,Ngata, or anyone else that might fall to us) and Croyle in the second ( Except for those Diehard Cutler fans who just believe he is the next great QB ). I think if Cutler falls to us and Nick Saban thinks he can be the guy well go for it. I trust Nick Saban and he has made alot of good moves since he got here. There are way too many quailty players who are in the second round to trade that pick away.

Skeet84 said:
Are you people serious? I mean come on now think about it. Is Jay Cutler really worth a 1st and a 2nd? No way!!! we could get another starter cheap for the next four years out of the second round. Besides Nick Saban is alot more likely to trade down then up. When the guy says hey I wanna get younger on Defense and get my kind of players in here I don't really think that he wants to give up draft picks for a big risk in this draft. Yes Cutler is a Big risk and No one get really say that they would rather have Cutler than (Huff,Williams,Justice,Greenway,Ngata, or anyone else that might fall to us) and Croyle in the second ( Except for those Diehard Cutler fans who just believe he is the next great QB ). I think if Cutler falls to us and Nick Saban thinks he can be the guy well go for it. I trust Nick Saban and he has made alot of good moves since he got here. There are way too many quailty players who are in the second round to trade that pick away.

Everyone one's entitled their own opinion, you can't knock them for that. IMO we need a quality QB more than ANY position. Only one that you listed that I would even think about taking over Cutler would be Huff.

SpeedRush99 said:
Everyone one's entitled their own opinion, you can't knock them for that. IMO we need a quality QB more than ANY position. Only one that you listed that I would even think about taking over Cutler would be Huff.

I was not knocking anyone. Did you actually read what I wrote? I am just wondering cause I did not say anything about not drafting Cutler over anyone. My point was that I did not want to trade up to get Cutler and that we could have got one of those other guys and Croyle in the Seocnd round.

Back
Top Bottom