How high would the Fins have to move up for Michael Mayer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How high would the Fins have to move up for Michael Mayer?

I don't think Schoonmaker is in the same class of LaPorta/Kraft and 3rd round would be way too early for him.

Also it might not be very likely that LaPorta or Kraft make it to #84.

I would love to land OL in R2 and then get one of those two in R3.

But I would like to trade back a little and add a pick or two so they can add a RB as well.

I'd rather pick OL, iDL or even Gibbs at #51 than Mayer if he were to fall that far. If he's there at #51 and the top few OTs are all gone, Gibbs is gone and we don't like the iDL left either then I would pick best available TE. If Mayer were there that would probably be him. I would pick Washington before him. Kincaid reminds me too much of Gesicki. Musgrave reeks of a bust. I'm not sure I would spend #51 on Laporta/Kraft/Schoonmaker because I would still be happy with any of them at #84.
On no planet does Kincaid look or have any similarities to Gesicki imo.

What makes you say that?

While I would MUCH prefer Mayer to LaPorta, I wouldn't move up for him... or any TE.
It's a cheap position with a deep pool.
Brother Fever, what TE would you want to draft this year that fits our offence?

Brother Fever, what TE would you want to draft this year that fits our offence?
Washington is the best bet... but no one knows if he'll ever be a plus receiver. He only had 45 targets in his entire career... not in one year, in his entire career.
After that, most of them have warts... mostly in the area of blocking... which is why Gesicki didn't work out.
A couple of them look like HBacks or 'move' TEs, rather than the true Y-type that I 'think' we want.
After Washington, who I would not reach for at 51... I'd bargain hunt on day 3.
Maybe Schoonmaker or Strange... I think these two are more likely to provide in-line blocking.

But, I'm ALWAYS anti-drafting a TE. So many of the better ones were drafted late... and take a couple of years to shine.

I wont cry if we draft Kraft or LaPorta... but I'm not impressed with them.

On no planet does Kincaid look or have any similarities to Gesicki imo.

What makes you say that?
He's a big, tall WR. He's more willing to block and can release a bit better from the LOS but let's not pretend he's super physical.

He's a big, tall WR. He's more willing to block and can release a bit better from the LOS but let's not pretend he's super physical.
Imo he shares no traits with Gesicki movement wise physical wise football playing wise

I dont think any rookie TE is worth us trading up for. this is a pretty strong TE class and I hope take advantage of that and draft one somewhere on day two.

Last edited:
He’s literally the perfect tight end for this scheme. Reminds me of Travis Kelce a bit when he has the ball in his hands. I hope he keeps falling. Please someone be dumb enough to take Musgrave over him.

Could actually see him slide within reach and he’s worth moving up into the low 40s for, assuming we can swing that without giving up 84 or next year’s 2?

I do love Sam LaPorta though.

Back
Top Bottom